• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I like playing as Bastion.

bSkxyNa.gif

Matt Frost

So how are the aim sensitivity settings on PS4. I've heard that there not really good for characters like Tracer or Genji.

Great but not perfect. I saw some Tracer videos playing on a PC and they can instantly turn their head back the way she came with Tracer to hit to from both angles. In PS4 is not as fast, takes a second more to turn around.

I like playing as Bastion.

Me too. I also like killing everyone. Specially the ones who are always complaining about you... I shout back: Learn how to play or play something else xD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

I hate people like this guy.

The game is out for 2 days and people already cry for nerfs.

There is a reason why we had a beta... Blizz changed a lot during that phase and they will constantly improve the game.

Besides that it isn't even good critism, all he says is NERF DAMAGE of X character.

GIT GUD, kid.

HariKari

lol aw poor kid's getting murdered online... nerf all the things... except when i play those characters... cause that shit is cool as fuck then!

The genji ranged thing is the funniest part to me. It's pretty hard to use and one of the least reliable primaries at anything not involving killing a turret. Must play Bastion.

Asd202

Great but not perfect. I saw some Tracer videos playing on a PC and they can instantly turn their head back the way she came with Tracer to hit to from both angles. In PS4 is not as fast, takes a second more to turn around.

Would you say it affects your enjoyment of the game?

Mupod

Ok that's surprising, i could have sworn it was Baker.

He's Budget Troy Baker. Which makes sense - I get the feeling they wanted to hire a lot of VAs they could get back over and over to record more lines. TF2 for example had a decent amount of dialogue at launch but they increased the number of lines by a huge amount over the years. Overwatch is going to be the same, I expect more lines for each new map and hero.

Overall the voice work is great. In particular Reinhardt's voice actor surprised me when I looked up what he's done - he seems to have been an unknown until recently. He's also Samuel Hayden from Doom, who everyone seems to think is Peter Cullen/Optimus Prime. He does a great job as both Rein and that character (he's almost ALL of the spoken dialogue in Doom).

Matt Frost

Would you say it affects your enjoyment of the game?

No, you can turn around really fast and can still do pretty well. Is not like on PC where the turn last less than the blink of an eye, but still a lot of fun to play. My favorite character so far. She is sooooo fun to play with...

The genji ranged thing is the funniest part to me. It's pretty hard to use and one of the least reliable primaries at anything not involving killing a turret. Must play Bastion.

Right!? Thats like... ake away Mei's ability to shoot icicles or remove Zrya's orb blast alt-fire! Some people lol.

TAKE THE ARROWS AWAY FROM HANZO NOOOOOW! LOL

Spruchy

I'm not crying for nerfs but as a long time blizzard fan it's fun to try to guess what will be nerfed.

One that comes to mind: slight damage reduction to soldier's primary.

Zeliard

And if they are getting the picks you're probably better off having the second widow be a McCree or Soldier or something else to specifically counter the enemy comp.

If they're both getting picks what are you needing to counter? The enemy team keeps dying to the Widowmakers. Unless the other 4 players on your team are AFK, it's probably safe to say you're winning the game.

I mean your point is basically "Why ever pick Hanzo?" At longer ranges he's bested by Widow and at mid-range by McCree and Soldier. It's why he's almost never seen in comp. Does that mean it's automatically a terrible idea for someone to choose him in a casual pub, even if there are heroes considered more effective?

I hate people like this guy.

The game is out for 2 days and people already cry for nerfs.

There is a reason why we had a beta... Blizz changed a lot during that phase and they will constantly improve the game.

Agreed. Heck, I admit I get mad during games but i get over it and play another match. But i would never ask for nerfs as I know that I need to play more to play better.

HariKari

No, you can turn around really fast and can still do pretty well. Is not like on PC where the turn last less than the blink of an eye, but still a lot of fun to play. My favorite character so far. She is sooooo fun to play with...

I would personally buff her ultimate but slightly increase the delay of her charge generation or make her not able to instantly spam them. Recall is fine. Guns are fine. But on PC, it's just insanity if you don't have a hitscan weapon.

ElyrionX

Maybe he thinks a strong melee-only character is more in-line with the character flavour? Lol.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Because it's preying on negative habits of their customers. It's really a sign of the times when I have to explain why microtransactions are bad.
The first problem is that you are calling them negative habits. Spending money is amoral. Second, being a whale (I am in Marvel Heroes and Hearthstone) is entirely acceptable to them/us. I get that you are bummed that to get your Marvel Hero costume you might have to buy $60 in fortune cards and that's too expensive for your tastes.. Or to get your legendary overwatch skin it might be $80. But don't play it off as "it's BS that they're preying on the market", because I can tell you that I and everyone else who buys into it are totally fine doing so, and because we do you guys get massive gameplay content upgrades for no additional charge.

So if you want to be pissed that you have to grind out your favorite skins, say that. But don't concern troll for a group that is perfectly fine and content with their spending habits.

StayDead

Little bit of column B, little bit of column maybe you just played well. Well placed turrets can rip up attackers from unexpected angles while they're dealing with other targets, and the rivet gun is nothing to fuck with.

Torbjorns gun does an insane amount of damage against squishy heroes. You really can melt people.

Mupod

Feels so good when you get a PoTG with Mercy. Played with a friend of mine, was buffing and healing when a Widowmaker 1 hit killed him, I revived him, he popped the super, I buffed him and 5 kills to the enemy team, only one left was the Widowmaker but we won the game there. For some reason the game gave me the PoTG :) won't argue.

The Mercy/Soldier team up seems pretty damn good.

I got a Mercy POTG last night. Rezzed 5 allies on the capture point, but died to an ult right at the end. How they all managed to die after that and lose us the match, I don't know...

I also finally got a Zenyatta POTG too, it registered as a 'shutdown'. I discord headshotted a Pharah while she was ulting then healed up the team damage with Transcendence. It was on the last control point of Hanamura and we were all clumped up so it would have been very bad if she'd finished firing her rockets. Pretty cool, wish more POTGs were like that.

Matt Frost

I would personally buff her ultimate but slightly increase the delay of her charge generation or make her not able to instantly spam them. Recall is fine. Guns are fine. But on PC, it's just insanity if you don't have a hitscan weapon.

Agreed. I would buff the ulti a little bit. Maybe add a bigger radius of explosion (since the damage is ok you can kill most tanks with it) or make it explode faster since from dropping it to ground to the actual explosion takes too much time.

I would also get a slight buff to Widowmaker poison mine. It isnt as effective as in the alive video.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is there a way to turn off tips? or press H to change your hero and shit like that.

The first problem is that you are calling them negative habits. Spending money is amoral. Second, being a whale (I am in Marvel Heroes and Hearthstone) is entirely acceptable to them/us. I get that you are bummed that to get your Marvel Hero costume you might have to buy $60 in fortune cards and that's too expensive for your tastes.. Or to get your legendary overwatch skin it might be $80. But don't play it off as "it's BS that they're preying on the market", because I can tell you that I and everyone else who buys into it are totally fine doing so, and because we do you guys get massive gameplay content upgrades for no additional charge.

So if you want to be pissed that you have to grind out your favorite skins, say that. But don't concern troll for a group that is perfectly fine and content with their spending habits.

Maybe maybe not. I think it's optimistic to think of whales as funding the gameplay of... minnows? Especially in a game with a price tag like this one. Blizzard will make every dollar off of the microtransactions they can. They may also choose to continue to support the game with free maps and characters for a while. Or they may not. These things aren't necessarily related though, and this CERTAINLY isn't a case of them taking whatever money comes in in the form of microtransactions, and reinvesting it into bettering the game.

Saying, "It's predatory but I can afford it," is not an argument (and comes off more as some kind of half-assed humblebrag).

Personally, I could give a shit. I've already dropped Overwatch for now, and I've never been a big skins guy. I don't have to want the digital loots to see it for what it is.

HariKari

Basically just good hero for old guys with not a lot of reaction time, I guess? Thanks.

Winston is a bully. Jump on someone, pop your bubble, see if they are smart enough to run away. If not, they get fried. If you pick your spots with him, nobody can really fight back if you're doing it right. If you like frying snipers, he's your hero.

I would also get a slight buff to Widowmaker poison mine. It isnt as effective as in the alive video.

It's a single target DOT I believe. I use it a lot, it's okay. Making it multi target capable would be enough.

Asd202

I'm debating whether to get this game on PC or PS4. My PC is kinda weak (GTX 570, I7 2600K, 8GB ram) , I've played the Beta on PS4 and had fun but I just don't know about Genji seems like he's more fun to play on PC...

Winston is a bully. Jump on someone, pop your bubble, see if they are smart enough to run away. If not, they get fried. If you pick your spots with him, nobody can really fight back if you're doing it right. If you like frying snipers, he's your hero.

Pick your fights, though. A s76 will outheal your damage and laugh in your face as he guns you down.

It's a single target DOT I believe. I use it a lot, it's okay. Making it multi target capable would be enough.

The damage is actually sort of secondary. The greatest utility of the mine is as a security system. Mine a path you aren't watching, and it'll keep people from sneaking up on your ass without you noticing.

Tovarisc

I know it's day 2 and all of full release, but hot damn people do so stupid picks. How people think it's good thing to have 3 Widowmakers in attack and never actually attack etc.? Maybe such picks are troll picks from premades, but it's so painful to be in such team and you end up losing 9 times out of 10.

HariKari

Pick your fights, though. A s76 will outheal your damage and laugh in your face as he guns you down.

If Winston's gun was any higher DPS, he'd be OP as shit. I don't find him fun because it feels like you're tickling them a lot of the time, but his ability to push and bully can't be overstated. Plus his ult is the "oh shit" moment of the game. Need a Mcree to wrangle him.

If Winston's gun was any higher DPS, he'd be OP as shit. I don't find him fun because it feels like you're tickling them a lot of the time, but his ability to push and bully can't be overstated. Plus his ult is the "oh shit" moment of the game. Need a Mcree to wrangle him.

Oh, totally. He's not a weak hero. He's strong as fuck. But he still can't toe to toe with absolutely everyone.

Rizzi

I maintain that Bastion needs a nerf.
Everyone else is fine though.
Maybe buff the spread on soldier 76 at range.

I know it's day 2 and all of full release, but hot damn people do so stupid picks. How people think it's good thing to have 3 Widowmakers in attack and never actually attack etc.? Maybe such picks are troll picks from premades, but it's so painful to be in such team and you end up losing 9 times out of 10.

I think users are doing that are thinking they need to pad their K/D ratio (like CoD, etc), which sucks. Thankfully, I haven't been in a game that had 3 widowmakers yet; however, last night, I've been in teams with way too many offense minded players. Even, when I'm a healer, its nearly impossible to stay alive long enough to heal them.

HariKari

The damage is actually sort of secondary. The greatest utility of the mine is as a security system. Mine a path you aren't watching, and it'll keep people from sneaking up on your ass without you noticing.

It's not always useful that way, because Widowmaker has the grapple, so she can get in some areas where you will have ample warning, like on Hanamura. There's a spot in the B room where Tracer can't reach her, yet she can cover all. I just add my mine to the choke.

It's nice to start a tracer scramble with a DOT but if they're doing it right, you're not winning. There's pub tracers and then there's the ones that give you nightmares. Give me a godlike Widowmaker over a godlike Tracer every day, in terms of opponents.

Bastion is starting to become my go to "my team is really bad" character.

I do the same. If we are loosing badly and/or people are just not pulling their weight Bastion can level the balance, maybe even eek out a win. A good opposing team, I've seen a few , won't be phased much by the change though.

I maintain that Bastion needs a nerf.
Everyone else is fine though.
Maybe buff the spread on soldier 76 at range.

I dunno on one of the defend maps I was taking down snipers from distance effectively. I actually like playing as him because he's effective at every range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom