• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not always useful that way, because Widowmaker has the grapple, so she can get in some areas where you will have ample warning, like on Hanamura. There's a spot in the B room where Tracer can't reach her, yet she can cover all. I just add my mine to the choke.

It's nice to start a tracer scramble with a DOT but if they're doing it right, you're not winning. There's pub tracers and then there's the ones that give you nightmares. Give me a godlike Widowmaker over a godlike Tracer every day, in terms of opponents.

No argument there. Great tracers make me feel like going after them is only ever a waste of my time. They might be destroying my healer, but if all I can do is shoot at the empty air where they used to be, I don't know what to do but shrug my shoulders and pick more promising targets.

Nope, i never upvote Bastion players.

image.php

Kalentan

There are some really bizarre Console oversights with the game... Like how you can't leave as a group from a match (on PC if you plug in a controller you lose that ability as well) and the Request to join doesn't work cause you need to press Y or N which don't exist on Consoles...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No argument there. Great tracers make me feel like going after them is only ever a waste of my time. They might be destroying my healer, but if all I can do is shoot at the empty air where they used to be, I don't know what to do but shrug my shoulders and pick more promising targets.

Rule 1: Never chase a Tracer. Focus on the payload or capture point instead.

Zeliard

This is exactly where you want a McCree. He excels at protecting the healer and tank from flankers like Tracer.

Was specifically thinking about a game on Ilos, actually. We had a mercy actually yell at us for not dealing with the tracer, but god damn it's not like I wasn't trying. Their words were "If you can't kill her as the characters you're playing the PICK DIFFERENT CHARACTERS." I think I was reaper or mccree, and still having an absolutely impossible time against her. Some players just blink circles around me.

badblue

Because it's preying on negative habits of their customers. It's really a sign of the times when I have to explain why microtransactions are bad.

I think you need to explain why the microtransactions in Overwatch are bad, in comparison to everything blizzard is offering for free to people that buy the game.

We are getting free character and map updates for the life of the game, and since this is blizzard, could be 5+ years. Would you be happier if they didn't have (optional) microtransactions, and instead split the community with paid DLC maps and $10 characters?

If Call of Duty adopted the same business model as Overwatch, people would be congratulating them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I actually have more success in a group with just 2 or 3 people than a full pre made. I guess because with a full you then run into other premades, probably with coms and shit, and with just 1 or 2 friends its still pugs and even if you arent amazing, you are probably better than most pugs?

Is it just me or is winston's teslaweapon slightly underpowered? I'm not exactly sure what the proper way of playing as him is. I usually just jump around and pop the shield and harass people with the weapon. Primal rage is really fun though :D

Interfectum

I think you need to explain why the microtransactions in Overwatch are bad, in comparison to everything blizzard is offering for free to people that buy the game.

We are getting free character and map updates for the life of the game, and since this is blizzard, could be 5+ years. Would you be happier if they didn't have (optional) microtransactions, and instead split the community with paid DLC maps and $10 characters?

If Call of Duty adopted the same business model as Overwatch, people would be congratulating them.

Yeah I'd argue every online multiplayer game should adopt this model and stop selling maps as DLC. Imagine how much better received Battlefront would be if all BF players got the season pass content for free and they just sold Ewok Crates for cosmetic gear.

Is it just me or is winston's teslaweapon slightly underpowered? I'm not exactly sure what the proper way of playing as him is. I usually just jump around and pop the shield and harass people with the weapon. Primal rage is really fun though :D

Supposedly Winston is fuckin tops so far as tanks go, but I couldn't actually tell you how to get the most out of him for the life of me. He's definitely not a potg machine if he's not knocking people off a cliff.

HariKari

The smart ones interdict your teammates and just delay. Distraction Genjis and Tracers are a real, effective thing in pub play. Temple of Anubis A point? Just run past the defense as Genji. Tap the cap and watch them panic.

Supposedly Winston is fuckin tops so far as tanks go, but I couldn't actually tell you how to get the most out of him for the life of me. He's definitely not a potg machine if he's not knocking people off a cliff.

A single winston alot of the time is pretty weak, but stacking him is extremely effective.

Tendo

Playing in a group of 5 and while we are learning the characters now we are struggling at groups that know how to counter us well. We are struggling with learning best characters on certain maps and best counters for certain characters. Any video or website guide resources you could reccomend for the best situations for certain characters or matchups?

Bastion seems like he may have gotten a nerf to the damage he takes since the beta. I can utterly melt him as Tracer. He definitely doesn't seem like such a fixture anymore.

D.Va's ultimate has a ton of range for such a high-damage skill so if we're looking at nerfs, I'm willing to bet that one would get touched upon.

That said, love me some D.Va. Anytime that I need a swing character, often because of weird team composition from people just picking who they want because fuck it, I'll pick her. The mobility lets her cut corners, like in Hanamura (I think that's the one) on the second capture point. You take the left and fly over the gap to backdoor the zone.

Fliesen

Seriously, fanning is soooo much fun with McCree. Coupled with the roll/reload you can clear a room almost instantly.

anything that stuns tracer is so much fun.
hook followed by a shotgun blast to the face.

I hate heroes that are able to pop some evasive action after the hook though - like Genji's deflect, Reaper's shadow form thing or Mei's ice block :(

Copenap

Since I was meaning to ask this anyways, is that really confirmed? I mean will there 100% be no paid dlc (except for cosmetics)?

24hr

I hate heroes that are able to pop some evasive action after the hook though - like Genji's deflect, Reaper's shadow form thing or Mei's ice block :(

Fuck Mei's ice block. Is it indestructible? So you have to either wait, which is rare since you don't have the time or you just have to leaver her alone?

Whenever I play Bastion I face Genji. Whenever I play against Bastion, nobody on my team plays Genji (or any other character that counters Bastion). I need to invest in those characters...

I like playing Zarya, but it'd be nice if she had a skin that made her look less like shit.

Her simple recolours are so much better than her legendaries, it's embarassing. Give me Dawn or Midnight any day over Industrial. :\

Fuck Mei's ice block. Is it indestructible? So you have to either wait, which is rare since you don't have the time or you just have to leaver her alone?

it is, and it heals her. It only lasts... 3 seconds though, I think? Or thereabouts? She can cancel early though. Sometimes the opportunity allows your team to set up to coup de grace her. One time I came out of ice block only to get lucio bounced off a cliff. Positioning, positioning, positioning...

vypek

I'm also having a hard time mastering which characters to use to counter and who to use on what maps. Right now my two most played characters are Lucio and Torbjorn. I need randomized heroes to be a permanent mode.

Whenever I play Bastion I face Genji. Whenever I play against Bastion, nobody on my team plays Genji (or any other character that counters Bastion). I need to invest in those characters...

I had a teammate in a game at least try Genji to flank and stop the Bastion but he was so well positioned and had such good teammates that it didn't matter. We couldn't get the second point on Hanamura. Was still a fun match.

Been having a lot of fun with D.Va. Also, people aren't kidding with the amount of morons that just don't get on the point or payload. I thought it was bad in TF2 but good God lol.

Rodelero

Bastion seems like he may have gotten a nerf to the damage he takes since the beta. I can utterly melt him as Tracer. He definitely doesn't seem like such a fixture anymore.

D.Va's ultimate has a ton of range for such a high-damage skill so if we're looking at nerfs, I'm willing to bet that one would get touched upon.

Eh, I think for the most part it gets a lot of kills at the moment because some people don't realise how lethal it is, and because a lot of people don't realise you can avoid it using line of sight. Just get behind a wall or turn a corner and you're safe. I feel D. Va's ult is more about clearing out an area for a few seconds than it is about wiping a team. A careless team may lose a few lives to it, and obviously, combining it with another ult can be lethal, but on its own it is unlikely to get that many kills.

Mupod

Winston is funny because he requires no skill whatsoever to play, but lots of actual game knowledge to be at all effective. He's Mr.Tickle against hard targets but he is a nightmare for low hp, agile opponents.

He's not a character I play often (or ever) but I won a game last night entirely because I switched to him as a counterpick. Their whole team was squishy characters and snipers. Winston eats those alive and they can't do shit. We went from stalled at the start of the map to surfing the payload right to the end of the level and all it took was a monkey jumping around zapping snipers.

Eh, I think for the most part it gets a lot of kills at the moment because some people don't realise how lethal it is, and because a lot of people don't realise you can avoid it using line of sight. Just get behind a wall or turn a corner and you're safe. I feel D. Va's ult is more about clearing out an area for a few seconds than it is about wiping a team. A careless team may lose a few lives to it, and obviously, combining it with another ult can be lethal, but on its own it is unlikely to get that many kills.

Yup. By the end of beta, it seemed like hardly anyone stuck around for a d.va ult. People got very VERY good at finding a good corner to los that shit.

Klyka

Banned

if the tickrate is on your side,you can recall out of a hook as tracer

Cade

The timing is strict, so it's usually down to whoever times it better; Roadhog or his hookee.

Also, I feel like the best way to ensure a kill is by moving forward as soon as you hook and then shooting ASAP, because it gets you a tiny bit closer to ensure the kill and lets you know you can shoot when you can move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom