• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoLaN

Went yolo and spent 80€ on loot boxes. I got one legendary skin for every hero i enjoy the most (and a lot of other stuff).

cHinzo

Just had my first play of the game as Junkrat! I killed a whole two people with the tire right inside the objective during overtime. The tire didn't even travel more than a few feet. Then I died and killed 3 more as they were pushing hard to take over the point, lol. I love that he drops grenades when he dies.

Noice! It's also pretty funny to throw a trap out right before you die, so they can't escape from the grenades after you die. :d

ranmafan

I'm not sure why, as I remember long ago when the reveal trailer first appeared I was not at all impressed, and I completely forgot about the title until like last week, but the hype and good impressions I heard recently made me just go what the heck and buy it.

Wow am I glad I did! So impressed by the polish of the game, the great characters and the numerous options of play styles. I've been having a blast. Huge surprise for me. So glad I got it. Going to be playing this one a long time for sure!

So anyone have a character they thought they weren't gonna play/like but it ended up the exact opposite? For me it was mcgree and genji, didn't interest me much when I saw previews/gameplay but once playing these guys its fun as hell.

Popparoks

I want this game but i'm not sure what to get it for! Xbox or PC??

I like sitting back and just playing on Xbox, but i have no friends who want it on Xbox.

PC will probably have more skilled players, so it would be a little more difficult without friends huh? More Support for the platform?

double dip??

PatjuhR

Alright. I love the game but I do get annoyed by my teammates most of the time.

There is a reason the game warns you about which jobs/skills are not present in your team of Heroes, seems always like I'm the only one in my team using that to determine which character I play.

I noticed for the first time last night that if Hanzo is using one of the "wolf" skins, hit ult actually shoots wolves instead of dragons. Do any other abilities have changes based on skins for other characters?

I know it is a symptom of being low level, but the people who completely ignore the objectives are getting annoying. This is not team deathmatch people! The screen says "Defend the Objective" not "run head first into the enemy base while playing a fragile support character".

On a happy note I got the Gambler skin for McRee in my level 5 loot box. I think that is one of the best looking skins in the game!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So anyone have a character they thought they weren't gonna play/like but it ended up the exact opposite? For me it was mcgree and genji, didn't interest me much when I saw previews/gameplay but once playing these guys its fun as hell.

Junkrat for me. Thought I wouldn't like his play style but I was so wrong. Think I'll Zarya a shot when I get home today.

Klyka

Banned
I noticed for the first time last night that if Hanzo is using one of the "wolf" skins, hit ult actually shoots wolves instead of dragons. Do any other abilities have changes based on skins for other characters?

His shout when he summons his ultimate is also different, because he says "wolves" in japanese (okamii i believe?) instead of dragons (ryuu)

simtmb

Picked this up yesterday and played briefly with a few heroes in some quick matches. Excellent game but not really feeling it. From the very few heroes i used, there was quite the lack of feedback in the guns and the gunplay didn't feel all too well, but that's probably just me, coming from mainly a CS background.

Fairly worthless complaints as i'm sure it'll all go away when i play a bit more and especially with friends the next time i jump on.

All else is swell though.

I didn't give two shits about Roadhog but boy am I glad I tried him out, my second most played character and my go-to tank.

Soldier 76 was also surprisingly fun to use even if he lookes boring as shit.

DrArchon

It also changes his dialog lines when he uses his abilities ("See through the wolf's eyes" instead of "See through the dragon's eyes", etc.) It's very cool, but I'm not sure if anything else does anything like that. It'd be a little weird if Hanzo was the only one to get something like that though.

I see. Add another anecdote to the pile I guess :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Whoa really? That's a crazy find!

Right? We lost and I'm like "how in the hell are the guys coordinated?..."

*sees Mercy, Tracer, and Pharah sitting close to each away from the other 3 players*

"Ooooh my god!" XD

I'll take a screencap next time I play.

Alright. I love the game but I do get annoyed by my teammates most of the time.

There is a reason the game warns you about which jobs/skills are not present in your team of Heroes, seems always like I'm the only one in my team using that to determine which character I play.

I want to try out more characters but I end up being Lucio most often due to no support classes being selected.

I often wait when the seconds are really getting low to see if any one will budge but I end up showing my hand and going with him.

Buddy and I will be playing soon (Taipei time). Looking for a fun group of people to jump in and have a good time with.

Will anyone be playing for the next few hours that need a couple of joiners? I main Mercy right now.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I know it is a symptom of being low level, but the people who completely ignore the objectives are getting annoying. This is not team deathmatch people! The screen says "Defend the Objective" not "run head first into the enemy base while playing a fragile support character".

Yeah. I have horrible flashbacks to Arathi Basin. Fight on the objective. Stop fighting on the damn road. So many times on payload one wipe and its over, because people will just stop 50 ft away from the objective and fight the defenders while making no attempt to move forward. Also, if you're getting worked repeatedly, switch characters.

NeoN1

Neo Member
Blizzard needs to add a BIG ASS text on every new match saying "Remember, GO TO THE OBJECTIVE, this is not team deathmatch".

PatjuhR

I want to try out more characters but I end up being Lucio most often due to no support classes being selected.

I often wait when the seconds are really getting low to see if any one will budge but I end up showing my hand and going with him.

Yeah, same. I go 50% of my games waiting till the end where Tank and Support are still not taken. So I go between the two all the time to hope somebody notices and picks one of the two, but never happens. So I end up playing Reinhard or Lucio. Without a tank or support.

What would you guys advice? Go for a tank or support in that case?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Played about 5 hours in a 6 stack with friends tonight. Won 8 games in a row, only lost 2 times the whole session. So much fun, I honestly can't remember a game like this that makes me lose complete track of time!

Blizzard needs to add a BIG ASS text on every new match saying "Remember, GO TO THE OBJECTIVE, this is not team deathmatch".

The best is when you finally get the objective back from the enemy and everyone is fighting about 50 feet away from it instead of just taking a few steps back so you are close enough to get the free heal and actually move the vehicle as well.

Fliesen

Fuck Mei's ice block. Is it indestructible? So you have to either wait, which is rare since you don't have the time or you just have to leaver her alone?

well, that's the point of her ice block. It's like the frost mage's ice block in WoW ... it just gives her some extra time (and health). If there's noone to help her, it'll just postpone the inevitable.

As Roadhog, you can just use that time to take a breather (heh, literally! - as in ... self heal!) count down the 4 secs and then blast her.

Jb

I had a match recently where everyone on my team was ahead of the payload and not a single one bothered to actually push it to the objective. Mind-boggling.

suzu

So do commendations have any other purpose?

I almost always give the comm to the support in my group or the enemy support, because people don't play them enough. lol

CoolZombie

Quick question before I go and grab this, is this one of those games like COD where you die within three seconds of spawning if you don't play religiously?

I like the idea of a decent shooter to play but one I can play more casually, is this likely to fit the bill?

vypek

So do commendations have any other purpose?

I almost always give the comm to the support in my group or the enemy support, because people don't play them enough. lol

Just kudos for someone doing well. And an achievement if you get enough of them (I think).

So nothing really that affects the game at all.

Quick question before I go and grab this, is this one of those games like COD where you die within three seconds of spawning if you don't play religiously?

I like the idea of a decent shooter to play but one I can play more casually, is this likely to fit the bill?

Not at all like CoD. You can play this one casually just fine.

Baliis

Holding with a pretty solid win rate right now of 66%, not too bad. Clearly I need to just play reaper and soldier 76 more though. My number 2 and 3 for time played but 94% and 87% win rates with them. Lucio is still my most played some how, but only 86% win rate.

Weirdly, my best kill streak is actually Zarya despite my low time on her, 18 compared to 17 on reaper.

The best is when you finally get the objective back from the enemy and everyone is fighting about 50 feet away from it instead of just taking a few steps back so you are close enough to get the free heal and actually move the vehicle as well.

Oh man. Last night was really frustrating with players not playing the objective. I just hope after the first week or so people pick up on it.

I wish there was an intro video that explained the modes and emphasized playing the objective. I just don't understand why you would want to play TDM and lose every round?!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_nksvjqZZ7C1r61mabo2_500.gif

Spawn killing isn't a thing. Objectives are pretty far from spawn points so you have a lot of room to maneuver without getting insta gibbed.

This is also great for casual play since you don't have to worry about unlocking weapons and shit.

I find that most often the people that complain that 'My teammates never fucking switch to support' are the same individuals whmo never fucking switch to support.

This is pretty common amongst any class based game.

I was playing with a guy yesterday that was literally trying to assign characters to each of us (his random teammates), and getting crazy frustrated that we weren't picking his choices for us.

He spent the entire game complaining about how terrible a team we were, despite the fact that we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom