• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

markwaters

Neo Member
Also armor has some damage mitigation.

Yep.

Armor has a flat 5-point reduction for any instance of damage over 10. Extremely effective against weapons like Tracer's and Soldier's.

Instances of less than 10 damage just do 50% (i.e. 6 damage will do 3 damage to armor).

I have two things to say,

#1, this is the most fun I've had playing a fps in about 10 years. The game is remarkable and lovable.

#2, nothing I've seen indicates any character is over or under powered to the extent that nerfs or buffs are needed immediately. It's way too early to be calling for those.

Ferrio

Banned
Travel time on Genji shuriken also seems problematic why use him over Mcree a lot of the time? He's more mobile yeah, but provides less utility without the stun and I'm already seeing people play way smarter against reflect.

Genji is for flanking, Mcree is for frontlines and protecting your flank.

Tracer's ult also has little to no warning, which doesn't seem to be in line with a lot of other ults. There's no solid way to counter when you get stuck by it and no audio cue to let you know that it's a threat.

As utls go it's pretty weak, used to take out important targets like turrets or a camped Bastion. If people were able to avoid it easily it would have little to no purpose.

A hunkered down Symmetra also seems far harder to deal with than should be necessary sure you could be Winston and destroy her stuff from behind a wall, but you're a tank your not supposed to be seeking out teleporters to destroy. None of the flankers seem well suited to handle it.

Tracer + ult.

If there is a Mercy it can be difficult to tell which one ulted more than once I've heard the audio cue as I'm retreating thinking it was a friendly one and then heading back in to the fight only to run in to a guy I just killed because it was actually the enemy Mercy.

Mercy's ultimate line is in German if it's on the enemy team, english if it's on your team. Same goes for a lot of the characters, seperate ult voice lines mattering what team they're on.

Schlep

#2, nothing I've seen indicates any character is over or under powered to the extent that nerfs or buffs are needed immediately. It's way too early to be calling for those.

After 12 hours of play the past couple days, the only character move I have a severe issue with is the blast radius on D.Va's ult. Feels like I can be running away for days and still not make it out.

HariKari

I have two things to say,

#1, this is the most fun I've had playing a fps in about 10 years. The game is remarkable and lovable.

Zenyatta is definitely underpowered at the moment. Dies real easily to just about everything, especially snipers. Shame, because discord is an amazing tool.

He needs to be buffed again and to have his healing orb not need LOS.

After 12 hours of play the past couple days, the only character move I have a severe issue with is the blast radius on D.Va's ult. Feels like I can be running away for days and still not make it out.

Hide behind an object. Block the LOS.

Ladekabel

The highlight of the match in this game is rigged against me. I get a double kill with Robot Dhalsim and what is shown? A Widowmaker killing another Widowmaker.

Too deep into lore?

K4aW7mF.jpg

Widowmaker is a member of the Phantom Troupe confirmed.

Just go around a corner. You're only fucked if you're basically in the middle of a field lol.

yea I love how it works this way.... it's Genius

It doesn't, I remember hearing it and thinking "why is she speaking in german? and then later in the kill cam, it translated it saying "heroes never die" instead and I was like OOOOH"
I guess I'll have to listen more carefully then. I guess I've always just fucked up then every time I ran into the enemy team after a friendly Mercy ult. Is there a list of sound queues somewhere?

Stand behind literally anything. You can stand behind a light post as Roadhog right next to the thing and have it be blocked.

MGrant

Just had a ridiculous defense for the last three or four minutes of Numbani as Mei. The payload was less than 2 meters from completion, and I singlehandedly defended the point while my team was off running into the meatgrinder of two reapers down the path. I finished off both of them with icicle headshots, killed a Roadhog and a Pharah who were charging in, and there were only ten seconds left... but Helden sterben nicht...

Everyone came back to life and fucked me up. This game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zenyatta needs LoS for orbs for a similar reason Symmetra had her shielding nerfed, characters like Tracer/Genji. If you could fire and forget the healing you basically have a backline harass that has infinite sustain which is ridiculous.

I do think he could get another 25hp or so to avoid the sniper bodyshot death, but feel he's fine otherwise.

In pub games I'm finding D.VA is my problem solver. Almost always if my team is losing I'll switch to D.VA and rush in and take care of all the turrets/bastions I'm really hoping people clue in to how to counter turrets and bastion soon cause while I really like playing as D.VA sometimes I wanna play as someone else but I always feel that I need to play her so we can win. =|

you can also play genji widowmaker or hanzo to counter turrets/bastion

Balthuk

friendly mercy says "heroes never die"
enemy says it in german

same thing for every other ult

"ive got you in my sights" =enemy 76
"tactical visor activated" = friendly

russian zarya speech = enemy
english = friendly

waga no teku etc = enemy hanzo
"let the dragon consume you" = friendly

japanese scream from genji = enemy
"let the dragon become you" = friendly

"nerf this" = enemy dva
"activating self destruct sequence" = friendly

"fire in the hole" = enemy junkrat
"ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!" = friendly

its like this for every single char

Even though I really admire how sound helps you understand what is going on in fights, maybe such things could be hinted at/outright told at the tutorial? Or maybe it is and I just missed it. It's just that my friends had some hectic first hours playing the game.

In pub games I'm finding D.VA is my problem solver. Almost always if my team is losing I'll switch to D.VA and rush in and take care of all the turrets/bastions I'm really hoping people clue in to how to counter turrets and bastion soon cause while I really like playing as D.VA sometimes I wanna play as someone else but I always feel that I need to play her so we can win. =|

Hm is dva that good against bastion/turrets? I should pick her up more often.
Usually I switch into junkrat,genji or pharah in order to get rid of bastions/turrets since teams seem to have problems either finding out how to get rid of them or actually switching their hero.

What are other people's 'This is going bad, I'll switch to ____' heroes?

Lucio has saved my hide more than once today.
Get rolled all the way to the last point

Switch to lucio as last stand, push enemes back while amp healing teamates.
Nice

Cels

so previously my order for the PC CE was delayed from release date to friday, four days later. it was supposed to ship today. on amazon, the page for the PC CE says it'll be in stock on may 31. that had me concerned so i contacted amazon to see if my order would really ship out today. turns out my hunch was correct, my order would not ship out today -- my order page had not been updated to reflect the fact that the item wouldn't be in stock until may 31.

so annoyed. to make it up to me they made it free, which is nice, but i would have been happier if the game was in my hands on monday as they had promised.

i'm probably going to give in and get an origins edition to hold me over until the CE gets here.

couldn't move my order up. gave me $15 for my troubles. oh well. i'll be waiting until friday i guess....

i don't understand how this stuff happens. i pre-ordered on apr 22 with prime release day delivery for may 24, which got moved up to may 23.

the morning of may 23, i receive an email saying it would be delayed to may 27. i'm pretty pissed. they offered me $15 off to compensate but honestly i don't care about that, just want the game in my hands today.

amazon fucked me. this morning got an email saying shipping delay. was supposed to arrive today, now it says delayed to friday.

so much for amazon prime release day delivery....

I love the subtle differences the characters have when they're in their alt skins.

Like Mercy's is Heroes never die... For a price when you have the imp skin on.

vypek

so previously my order for the PC CE was delayed from release date to friday, four days later. it was supposed to ship today. on amazon, the page for the PC CE says it'll be in stock on may 31. that had me concerned so i contacted amazon to see if my order would really ship out today. turns out my hunch was correct, my order would not ship out today -- my order page had not been updated to reflect the fact that the item wouldn't be in stock until may 31.

so annoyed. to make it up to me they made it free, which is nice, but i would have been happier if the game was in my hands on monday as they had promised.

i'm probably going to give in and get an origins edition to hold me over until the CE gets here.

its absolutely insane that your order is going to be over a full week delayed. Very poor planning on Amazon's part.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Depend on the situation.

Personally, I like going D.Va when we're getting camped at spawn. I just fly over buildings and attack them from behind, or capture an objective almost all by myself.

Demoskinos

Even though I really admire how sound helps you understand what is going on in fights, maybe such things could be hinted at/outright told at the tutorial? Or maybe it is and I just missed it. It's just that my friends had some hectic first hours playing the game.

Hm is dva that good against bastion/turrets? I should pick her up more often.
Usually I switch into junkrat,genji or pharah in order to get rid of bastions/turrets since teams seem to have problems either finding out how to get rid of them or actually switching their hero.

Yeah. Thing I don't see D.VA players doing nearly enough is being aggressive. Shield+Boost and get in thier face and don't be afraid to lose your mech. If sacrificing your mech means taking out a problem turret or Bastion that's keeping your team at bay sacrifice it and then keep the pressure up with her blaster. DV.A herself is really fragile but her blaster is super good and she gets her mech back pretty quickly as long as you are throwing out blaster shots.

Man, playing in pub games is fucking infuriating.

I don't get how so few people can even attempt to play the objective. Bizarre.

I have a group of people to play with in the evenings, and have a ton of fun doing so, but it would be nice if the game felt even remotely possible to play without a group. Hope this crappy play wears off over time.

Xater

Yeah. Thing I don't see D.VA players doing nearly enough is being aggressive. Shield+Boost and get in thier face and don't be afraid to lose your mech. If sacrificing your mech means taking out a problem turret or Bastion that's keeping your team at bay sacrifice it and then keep the pressure up with her blaster. DV.A herself is really fragile but her blaster is super good and she gets her mech back pretty quickly as long as you are throwing out blaster shots.

Exactly. She also feels the best at attacking control points. Often enough fools just all camp on there for you to make them go boom.

Is Torbjörn a dwarf? Are there even dwarfs in Overwatch?

No he is just Swedish.

Man, playing in pub games is fucking infuriating.

I don't get how so few people can even attempt to play the objective. Bizarre.

I have a group of people to play with in the evenings, and have a ton of fun doing so, but it would be nice if the game felt even remotely possible to play without a group. Hope this crappy play wears off over time.

Those would be your Call of Duty one-man army types. See 'em all the time and barely play the objectives, they just go for kills.

I'm super aggressive with D'va, hell my last pug I was 37% of the teams damage lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom