• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Overwatch and love it, but man, it's such a blatant rip-off of Team Fortress 2. There are so many similarities, it boggles my mind that they can get away with it!

Get away with what? It's not like Valve owns a genre of game.

Plus if Valve can make Dota 2, Blizzard can make Team Fortress 3. :)

Ellite25

So I played the beta briefly (a couple matches) and didn't really understand the appeal. I bought it based on how much praise it's getting and this time actually took the time to understand how the game works. It's pretty damn good.

Swig_

I wreck peoples shit with Roadhog. But I still dont have the islander skin... :(

I agree with others though. Right now, without ranked, everything feels kind of pointless (other than leveling up for chests). It definitely doesnt help that people treat it like TDM and ignore the payload. I hope this changes as more people figure out what they are doing.

It's going to be my chill-out game when I don't want to play Dota2 and want something a little more easy-going.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just played my first games. Zenyatta is fun as fuck and Tracer's rewind is busted as far as I can tell.

Swig_

Get away with what? It's not like Valve owns a genre of game.

Plus if Valve can make Dota 2, Blizzard can make Team Fortress 3. :)

Lol.. It's just so similar to the original version. I haven't played TF2 in years, since it kinda went crazy with hats, right after they released the payload maps. I'm not saying it's bad.. just saying that it feels like they took soooo much from TF2. It's actually kind of nice, it's like the version of TF2 that I liked before they went crazy with it.

Is Bastion getting out of control for anyone else? I just had a match with 3 Reinhardt and a Bastion and they just sat on the payload and steamrolled us.

I'm really not sure how to counter this kind of stuff.

Two Mcrees throwing flashbangs from up top wrecks this comp. And if you have a Hanzo, his ult goes through the shield. Symmetra's charged orb goes through the shield, Windowmaker can snipe Bastion if there is ever a opening.

I am sick of pubs treating this game like TDM. I'm the only one pushing the payload and I'm playing fucking Genji. Everyone else is off doing their thing including our tank.

These people are double digit levels so they should know better too. UGHHHH. If anyone wants to group up on PS4 I'm bmc811. Should be playing for a while longer with a break or two.

The only match I've been in on Xbox One that's had people using voice chat had basically the opposite situation. This one guy was playing Genji, running around far away from the objective, continually yelling for people to heal him and repeatedly dying, all while claiming he was killing everyone and no one was playing the objective.

One guy tried to explain to him that no one was healing him because he was lone wolfing it and our main healer was Lucio... who was always near the objective helping the majority of the team. He just wouldn't accept that reasoning.

Ugh, it's official. I figured out how to look at the network graphs for the game (which, by the way, surprisingly not so difficult to play while a giant graph is overlaid on your screen). I have pretty severe network issues. Pings hovering well over 100ms, spikes up to 800ms+ at times. Round trip times weirdly still under 100ms for the most part but those spike to 400-500ms as well. Occasional severe packet loss. It's like I'm playing Quake 2 on a 56k modem again. The open beta was totally fine, what the hell?

mbpm1

Y'know I haven't run into the kind of teams who would push a build stacked with multiples of the same character yet.

I look forward to when I do.

Is Bastion getting out of control for anyone else? I just had a match with 3 Reinhardt and a Bastion and they just sat on the payload and steamrolled us.

I'm really not sure how to counter this kind of stuff.

Use symetra's orb.It can go through the sheilds and be used at long distances. The bastion will move before it kills them (if they are smart), but a Bastion moving is a Bastion out of sentry mode

_woLf

i'm on a like 1 win to 15 loss run right now and it is seeeriously bumming me out.

I have the lowest win vs time played ratio of anyone on my friends list, too. this fucking sucks.

Voror

Be near the objective and pick an easier character like Lucio or Soldier 76. Done, you are now better than 90% of Overwatch players.

I've worked with both a bit. Lucio went alright and Soldier 76 was alright as well, though I still died a lot. Did try to stay near the objective whenever possible.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The art style reminds me of team fortress 2. I'm tempted to give it a try, but not for $60 though... maybe when it goes on sale.

vixlar

A D.Va used the ult on our defending zone to kill all the team and capture the point just as time was running out... but my friend used Reindhart's dash to get the explosive meka out of our danger zone!!!!

He died so all of us could survive and defend the zone... it was beautiful!!!

Of course, even when he didn't get potg, he was voted by all of our team on the cards.

W1SSY

Junkrat can deal damage to himself correct? If so Zarya could shield him and get a boost for the beginning of the game I think. Unless I am not understanding how her shield works.

overwatch should add payload race

hI92iVx.jpg

'That feeling when you get a Symmetra play of the game...

I like this game, it's pretty fun. It's nice to just jump in and play with some randoms, really reminds me of my days of TF2. Tanks and supports for life~!

Anyone who is struggling at finding a character they are good with should try Junkrat if they haven't already.

Just start lobbing grenades EVERYWHERE at ALL TIMES. There's no cooldown or anything so just start nade spamming from the back lines and rack up the kills.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
There's something that feels "off" about the aiming in this game on console. I can't quite put my finger on it but it doesn't feel nearly as smooth as BF4 or any of the CoDs. Trying to aim Pharah's rockets while flying with analog sticks is just.... blah.

Junkrat can deal damage to himself correct? If so Zarya could shield him and get a boost for the beginning of the game I think. Unless I am not understanding how her shield works.

Only Junkrats ULT does self damage.

My fav thing about JR is using his C4 as a boost jump.

mbpm1

Anyone who is struggling at finding a character they are good with should try Junkrat if they haven't already.

Just start lobbing grenades EVERYWHERE at ALL TIMES. There's no cooldown or anything so just start nade spamming from the back lines and rack up the kills.

Junkrat was my first character for this reason.

And the first game I played I used him and got POTG by siting behind a pillar and lobbing them wildly in direction of the objective.

Of course when you fight dedicated assault characters you get rekt but he's super fun if you find a good spot.

Uthred

Early in the AM brings out all the "pro-hard" players on the EU servers it seems, every match one lone hero is dragged down by the weight of the dross around them and is forced, forced I tell you, to harangue the rest of their team with such devastating insults as "nub". If only they were as amazing as they are in their head they could probably carry the other five players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Junkrat a tually seems like a high skill cap hero to me :/

Not the lobbing grenades part, thats pretty much how I play Zarya anyway, but setting up traps, using the mine, using the mine to jump, the ult which you have to control around corners and shit. He's one of the few characters I havent touched yet :(

Thoraxes

Is it not possible to have a stable group/party?

I invited someone to group in game and it lasted for a game then I was with different people. Using the social feature I joined his game and needed to spectate (which make sense) but then on the next game I was still not in his group....

tres confusing
When you invite to group, you stay grouped up and queued together. When you leave a match afterwards, be sure to leave as group.

If they manage to just join you or your match but you aren't actually grouped in the social tab, then you won't stay grouped up. On PC anyways.

I've had zero problems on that end.

Hupsel

Ugh I hate Mei and Lucio. His ulti is so good too. He can even be from my country but fuck this filho da puta me dá uma raiva do cacete ugh...

TP

Zarya's alt fire damages her

Don't know if shielding that will giver her the boost though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zarya's alt fire damages her

Don't know if shielding that will giver her the boost though

I dont think Zarya's alt dmgs her mate, never seen that and I use it alot on my feet when I got baddies around

Rad-

Yeah Junkrat just destroys faces. Just chill with him and whoops, you just ended the round with like 25-3 without realizing. His traps are great as well, spam them too.

Also a potg machine.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hito, Arrows, anyone else I missed from the party, thanks for the games. Was lots of fun.

Anubis is such a bitch to get to Point A. Way too much of a bottleneck. We basically just copied what the other team did. A couple Torbjorns, a Reinhardt and a Bastion. Two (three) turrets behind a shield, just watch the only other side you can get through and you're not getting past. lol

small highlight :3

Junkrat a tually seems like a high skill cap hero to me :/

Not the lobbing grenades part, thats pretty much how I play Zarya anyway, but setting up traps, using the mine, using the mine to jump, the ult which you have to control around corners and shit. He's one of the few characters I havent touched yet :(

Yeah, there's a lot going on sometimes but for me it just really clicked. Bear Traps are great for doorways and objective points. C4 can be useful offense in 1 v 1 scenarios like a greande or jump off the blast for a quick getaway.

The ULT is easy to handle after a couple trys, but you have to remember your body is still out there exposed while ur controlling the tire. Best find a hiding place before you use it.

Rhaknar

it does like 6 damage. I try to rocket jump with every character with splash damage, sadly she can't.

Huh. Well thats such a small amount I never noticed, im usually lobbing alts at my feet against pesky Genjis and Tracers so its hard to know whats dmging me.

Lace

Is there a group on PS4 for those trying to play together? Playing with randoms hasn't been terrible, but I'd prefer people who use mics and have positive mentalities.

psn:reaperchad (add me if you'd like to group up).

Most recent character I've warmed up to: Pharah. I felt like I couldn't do anything with her the first two nights playing. Reluctantly gave her another shot tonight, and although the first part of our match was rough, it suddenly clicked and I ended up doing pretty well with her. Justice rains from above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom