• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured out how to use Lucio effectively and he is now quickly becoming ny favourite character. Very, very effective on the control game mode.

Qwyjibo

Decided to get this as well. Played it for the first time tonight. Reaper seems like a decent character to use for a total noob like me. Although I haven't seen one person use the special die-die-die ability effectively yet. It seems like you really need to catch their whole team off guard for it to work.

Pastry

Banned
Widow is legitimately the most annoying character to have on your team. No matter how bad they're doing or whatever matchups there are they just won't fucking switch characters.

mbpm1

Decided to get this as well. Played it for the first time tonight. Reaper seems like a decent character to use for a total noob like me. Although I haven't seen one person use the special die-die-die ability effectively yet. It seems like you really need to catch their whole team off guard for it to work.

I see it every game and just sigh, sigh, sigh.

Such an ambush tool

j-wood

I just need to come in here and say:

FUCK MEI AND THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT ICE WALL GARBAGE.

Lost 6 games in a row solely due to that fucking bullshit. Eskimo bitch can somehow take 6 rockets to the face, or 4 shotgun blasts, or 9827348762348 ninja stars and still shoot ice no fucking problem.

Magnus

Junkrat can deal damage to himself correct? If so Zarya could shield him and get a boost for the beginning of the game I think. Unless I am not understanding how her shield works.

Some people said no, but you can definitely deal damage to yourself as Junkrat with your standard grenade fire if it ricochets back to you and blows up.

The community of this game is ruining the experience. I love the gameplay but having teams half-filled with people who don't bother doing ANYTHING to help the objective is ruining my enjoyment.

Rad-

How does your win ratio look like for your most played heroes atm? I looked at mine and realized I must really suck with Winston lol. These are the heroes I have played more than 1 hour with:

Symmetra: 88%
McCree: 75%
Junkrat: 75%
Hanzo: 66%
Winston: 19%

ryseing

Figured out how to use Lucio effectively and he is now quickly becoming ny favourite character. Very, very effective on the control game mode.

He's the best support no doubt. Decent offensive capabilities with his shotgun blast and the pumped up health restores quite a bit.

Maybe don't play Genji and play a tank?

But there's no point to that if I'm the only one pushing. Being a tank won't help.

The only match I've been in on Xbox One that's had people using voice chat had basically the opposite situation. This one guy was playing Genji, running around far away from the objective, continually yelling for people to heal him and repeatedly dying, all while claiming he was killing everyone and no one was playing the objective.

One guy tried to explain to him that no one was healing him because he was lone wolfing it and our main healer was Lucio... who was always near the objective helping the majority of the team. He just wouldn't accept that reasoning.

I wasn't being that guy thankfully haha. Actually had the gold medal for most objective time.

Gibbo

Widow is legitimately the most annoying character to have on your team. No matter how bad they're doing or whatever matchups there are they just won't fucking switch characters.

Yup. I had 2 widows on my team on payload attack. Extremely frustrating

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

525px-Mccree_Skin_Vigilante.jpg

I'll be honest it's kind of garish.

Our team got bodied by a team with 5 Reapers. Then the PotG was one of those ones where they slap a "well played" spray on the ground right after they killed our whole team with his ult.

Feels bad man.

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
Just lost to a team of 6 Bastions, I was genji and got some kills and did my best to counter. But when the your on the last part of the payload and the bastion barely have to travel to set up their turret their isnt much you can do.

I still think Bastion needs a nerf; smart bastion players know Genji will reflect and just wait for you to use it.

mbpm1

Our team got bodied by a team with 5 Reapers. Then the PotG was one of those ones where they slap a "well played" spray on the ground right after they killed our whole team with his ult.

Feels bad man.

Just lost to a team of 6 Bastions, I was genji and got some kills and did my best to counter. But when the your on the last part of the payload and the bastion barely have to travel to set up their turret their isnt much you can do.

I still think Bastion needs a nerf; smart bastion players know Genji will reflect and just wait for you to use it.

Dem 1 character teams

Feels bad man.

Go Pharah stack and watch them cry because Reaper can't do shit to Pharah when she's in the air. A team tried this against my group in open beta and we dunked them hard with 3 Pharah's.

Pics_nao

Welp. Couldn't help myself and bought 24 loot boxes.

Got enough dosh to buy the T. Racer skin out of it. Also got Lucio's Hippity Hop and Zarya's goth (YUCK) skins too. Had I known that I'd have been charged tax I wouldn't have done it.

Hopefully I can finally get a game in as Tracer since I usually end up playing support or tank since no one else in pubs does it.

MGrant

So it's Day 3, which hero duos are you guys seeing as very effective at controlling a match? And in what context?

I've noticed

- Bastion + Reinhardt pushing the payload
- Zarya + Mei on defense
- Mercy + Road Hog as anti-flankers
- Symmetra + Genji or Winston when playing King of the Hill

are all capable of shutting down an unprepared enemy team. What about you?

Today PS4 Gaf discovered the defensive power of double Reinhardt, double Tolbjorn, Bastion, and a Symmetra. The enemy team couldn't even pass the front entrance on the Anubis map. Funny thing is, the enemy team did the same thing to us when we were attacking.

ISOM

So it's Day 3, which hero duos are you guys seeing as very effective at controlling a match? And in what context?

I've noticed

- Zarya + Mei on defense
- Symmetra + Genji when playing King of the Hill

I think D.va and Mercy are a good pair. I had a really good day with a gaf member healing me today and was owning the control point.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

I've noticed

- Zarya + Mei on defense
- Symmetra + Genji when playing King of the Hill

Bastion & Reinhardt is, right now, almost a necessity for payload on offense - it's SO.GOOD at pushing the cart. Throw a Mercy on the two of them, and shit's very difficult to stop.

Honestly, Mercy hiding behind corners and healing a DPS char like Soldier 76 actually works surprisingly well.

Go Pharah stack and watch them cry because Reaper can't do shit to Pharah when she's in the air. A team tried this against my group in open beta and we dunked them hard with 3 Pharah's.

The whole time we were trying to figure out which character we should all use to counter and we almost went all Pharah. Unfortunately, they already had the payload nearly at the final point, so we never got the chance.

Why does Mercy cosplay as a cyber angel?

Because she's a fragile flower of the battlefield who is afraid of going full Mengele and does everything she can to keep from shattering her own delusions.

She plays an angel when in reality she is only an angel of death and suffering.

She will save you, but at what cost?

How many people did she fail to save, and how many people did she leave worse than they would be?

How many people have to die before she chokes on a rocket like the monster she is?

Wanderer5

Bleh the few matches tonight were rough. Even the only victory I had was in a defense team with three Torbjorn and a Bastion, and that made it feel a bit cheap.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It very much feels like you - as an individual have both SO MUCH influence on the outcome of the game, but then also almost none. I can’t really tell if - with randoms - I feel inconsequential or I’ve absolutely contributed. Or, more so, there are times I lose and I just can’t imagine what I could have done differently so we’d have won. It feels like my team’s fault - that they’re bad… but this early in, I know I’m not nearly as good as I think I am.

I will say though, we DO NOT NEED THREE SNIPERS EVER

I've noticed

- Zarya + Mei on defense
- Symmetra + Genji or Winston when playing King of the Hill

zarya pharah wombo combo
double tracer/lucio/winston on king of the hill
mercy + hitscan character

MGrant

Honestly, Mercy hiding behind corners and healing a DPS char like Soldier 76 actually works surprisingly well.

Yeah, I like Mercy + Soldier 76, too. Healing when necessary, then buffing damage at full health works wonders against teams that don't group up properly. It's even better with a Reinhardt out front.

Just went a match against 6 Torbjorns on 66. Quickly called the shots to switch to Two Reinhardt's and a Widowmaker and made the 6x Torbjorns look sorry as hell. Was the funniest stomping so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom