• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random complaints I have with the game 2 days in:

Netcode favoring the shooter heavily (getting shot around corners, hearing the press of my keyboard as I use an ability to try to fight while I still have health, only for nothing to happen and a replay where I stood around looking dumb while getting shot for free)

...of course, I can't say how many times such things have worked in my favor, since that is less noticeable :p.

Pharah rocket damage is weak. Especially coming from TF2 Soldier (that may or may not being the crits talking).

My loot crate drops have been God awful so far. 14 crates with 2 purples and no legendaries. Probably the only good drop I can think of is Genji's orange skin

Do you guys think this will have a nice lifespan on PS4? I rented this game and I'm really enjoying the game, especially Mei, but I'm having problems on deciding to buy this or Mirrors Edge. Don't have enough for both :(

So it's Day 3, which hero duos are you guys seeing as very effective at controlling a match? And in what context?

I've noticed

- Bastion + Reinhardt pushing the payload
- Zarya + Mei on defense
- Mercy + Road Hog as anti-flankers
- Symmetra + Genji or Winston when playing King of the Hill

are all capable of shutting down an unprepared enemy team. What about you?

None of these have Lucio

you lost

Maddrical

Was on a 6 game losing streak last night when the enemy team decided they were going to roll with 5 Soldier 76s and a Reinhardt. We lost badly. Can be quite a frustrating game when on a losing streak, I really need to find some people to play with. I got raged at for playing Zenyatta instead of Mercy when we had 5 junkrats on our team. But it was my fault we lost. Right.

Was on a 6 game losing streak last night when the enemy team decided they were going to roll with 5 Soldier 76s and a Reinhardt. We lost badly. Can be quite a frustrating game when on a losing streak, I really need to find some people to play with. I got raged at for playing Zenyatta instead of Mercy when we had 5 junkrats on our team. But it was my fault we lost. Right.

Clearly, the answer was to play Junkrat.

MGrant

None of these have Lucio

you lost

He's not really part of any good duos, though. He's more versatile; just about everyone can benefit from having him around.

Also, I understand Lucio is good, but I've played with so many shitty ones that I'm kind of hesitant to be happy when they're on my team now. Speed boosting us toward the objective but then switching to healing aura WAY too soon so that we're only marginally faster than if we had walked there without him, then just running off towards the meatgrinder on the point without us. Good healers are few and far between, and I'd much rather have no healer and an additional damage dealer or defender than a bad healer who doesn't stay with the people who keep them alive.

Rixxan

tried junkrat for the first time tonight and had a decent little 48 elimination game, definitely think hes a blast to play - dat spam, dat trigger mine

mstevens

My internet tends to lose connection for a few seconds every 5-10 minutes or so, but I'm losing connection to the servers really easy. Even the two games I was able to finish I got kicked out during the stats screen at the end. I assume this isn't a widespread problem (ps4)

Really enjoyed playing as Lucio and was even able to get in some kills.

Pharah rocket damage is weak. Especially coming from TF2 Soldier (that may or may not being the crits talking).

Directs feel disgustingly powerful, but splash feels super underwhelming, like it terminates far too soon and does far too little damage.

oh btw in case anyone was wondering full stack torb on offense DOESN'T work... but its fun as fuck

Oh and full stack reaper on defense... sorta works. You basically just chain ults, its hilarious. We had somewhere around 6 team wipes, and still lost :p

I completely terrorized a Mei one round with Reaper, made them switch to another character. Feels great completely shutting down a character. Been on the receiving end of that too many times, mainly as Junkrat against Tracer

eek5

Profile->Overview->Statistics

It tracks a ton of shit

Nice. I'm actually doing better than I thought. The game is a lot of fun when I get dropped into a good team but I'm not good enough to do any game changing stuff. Gets frustrating sometimes.

Baliis

Nice. I'm actually doing better than I thought. The game is a lot of fun when I get dropped into a good team but I'm not good enough to do any game changing stuff. Gets frustrating sometimes.

Oh hey, you did buy Overwatch nice! Why haven't you been playing with me!

Also, just playing like Lucio and running in circles or Reinhardt and just holding a shield up can be totally game changing, so no worries about skill

Salarians

Ugh, got matched with a trio that went all Torbjorn, couldn't even be bothered to put their turrets in a useful spot, quickly changed characters when they realized they weren't doing anything, then quit a second later.

We did win the second round with a new trio, so that felt good at least.

Maddrical

What's the deal with Tracer's ulti? I think I've managed one kill with it, is the AOE pretty small or am I just bad? Should I ONLY be using it to stick on targets? I really want to get good with Tracer but man she's tough. One Junkrat grenade or Pharah rocket and death. I know you're supposed to dodge them, just gotta git gud.

23qwerty

What's the deal with Tracer's ulti? I think I've managed one kill with it, is the AOE pretty small or am I just bad? Should I ONLY be using it to stick on targets? I really want to get good with Tracer but man she's tough. One Junkrat grenade or Pharah rocket and death. I know you're supposed to dodge them, just gotta git gud.

Yeah the AOE is super small, basically have to stick to get kills

He's not really part of any good duos, though. He's more versatile; just about everyone can benefit from having him around.

Also, I understand Lucio is good, but I've played with so many shitty ones that I'm kind of hesitant to be happy when they're on my team now. Speed boosting us toward the objective but then switching to healing aura WAY too soon so that we're only marginally faster than if we had walked there without him, then just running off towards the meatgrinder on the point without us. Good healers are few and far between, and I'd much rather have no healer and an additional damage dealer or defender than a bad healer who doesn't stay with the people who keep them alive.

If the team has any Tracers/Genjis/Soldiers on it on Attack, they should follow Lucio and take the point. There's really no merit in hanging out by the spawn when you can pretty reliably get through a hole to the point, and with the exception of Anubis there's always an easy to pierce hole.

People are way too reliant on heals no matter what the situation is.

Feltrol

Banned
I actually felt that contributed to the team being Zenyatta. Of course, I still have many things to improve -- but this is fun!

It's 0718 and I'm running around learning the positions of all the health packs. Haven't bothered doing something like this in a game since learning how to fly the helicopters in BC2 on empty servers.

eek5

Oh hey, you did buy Overwatch nice! Why haven't you been playing with me!

Also, just playing like Lucio and running in circles or Reinhardt and just holding a shield up can be totally game changing, so no worries about skill

I'm using Xbox controller (lol) so I'm mainly playing Mercy which is cool when my team isn't full of bums..

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

I agree with this. I've shot people with a rocket IN THE FACE and they're still standing. Feels wrong. I don't know why all these new games lately have such WEAK rocket launchers. First DOOM and now Overwatch.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still kind of on the fence about getting this.
PS4 version would be a must for me, so curious to get some specific impressions (preferably from more casual players who aren't hugely into team shooters, etc.).

Also would like to know about load times, seeing as my shortest gaming sessions can be around 20mins. (Tried playing Destiny again this morning before work and spent about 20mins faffing about in the menus and Tower remembering what I was supposed to be doing...)

Mainly looking for something to play with a friend, but if Overwatch also has a "quick fix" quality to it, then that may just sway me over other recent multiplayer stuff.

Does anyone have the Reaper Tohou pic around? I need it for a university paper.
i couldnt find that but i found this for u
85015c4b79779c58259713717923e879.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom