• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

RefigeKru

Banned
Feels bad everytime I use Tracer. I'm just not useful with her :(

Just as I say that I have an awesome game with her and get a sloppy play of the game. Sic Parvis Magna.

ExVicis

Try out someone else than. It's real frustrating to butt your against a hero but the sooner you accept that, at least right now, you're not good with them the faster you can move onto someone else you might be way better at and will have a lot of fun playing.

finalflame

Any GAF group for PC? I was just playing with some buddies but they were on the east coast and went to bed. Would love to play some more coordinated matches with voice chat. PUG matches leave a lot to be desired.

I'm darkatnight#1407

ryseing

I am sick of pubs treating this game like TDM. I'm the only one pushing the payload and I'm playing fucking Genji. Everyone else is off doing their thing including our tank.

These people are double digit levels so they should know better too. UGHHHH. If anyone wants to group up on PS4 I'm bmc811. Should be playing for a while longer with a break or two.

N° 2048

Absolutely addicted. Wow.

I am sick of pubs treating this game like TDM. I'm the only one pushing the payload and I'm playing fucking Genji. Everyone else is off doing their thing including our tank.

These people are double digit levels so they should know better too. UGHHHH. If anyone wants to group up on PS4 I'm bmc811. Should be playing for a while longer with a break or two.

You're on my friends list. Let's play :) just stopped for tonight but tomorrow!

Dunlop

Is it not possible to have a stable group/party?

I invited someone to group in game and it lasted for a game then I was with different people. Using the social feature I joined his game and needed to spectate (which make sense) but then on the next game I was still not in his group....

tres confusing

You're not going to get better if you don't keep trying. Use a few matches to "grind" her out, learn backroutes of the map and health pack locations.

Don't just randomly switch characters for the sake of switching characters. I personally feel that is awful advice that could lead to further frustration as now you're struggling with "insert another character here."

DrArchon

I gave in. I spent $20 on loot boxes which I'm justifying because I got the $40 version on PC. I know I'm weak, but I had just hit level 10 and unlocked my 3rd skin so I said "Fuck it".

At least now I have Junebug DVa, Djinnyatta, and Lone Wolf Hanzo. Now I can go back to getting loot boxes with 3 sprays and an icon and not feel awful.

Any GAF group for PC? I was just playing with some buddies but they were on the east coast and went to bed. Would love to play some more coordinated matches with voice chat. PUG matches leave a lot to be desired.

I'm darkatnight#1407

I'd be down, but no voice chat on PC currently. Could join up on the Discord app though if it's required.

boredJon#1615

This is why I wished Ranked was still in. Quick Play is worthless to me outside of warming up and familiarizing youre Main/Sub Heroes. There's is no incentive to play strategically at all right now. Nothing you do now matters atm.

I'm disconnecting every other match all day today. It hasn't done that all week, nor did it ever do that during the beta. My internet is fine, I've tried resetting everything that can be reset, and it's still happening. There's not even any kind of error code or anything to research.

CodeNfX

Game is unplayable for me on PC, it was working fine 1st day. Now It always defaults to windows mode when I load the game and whenever I change to full screen, the game freezes. Anyone have this problem?

RefigeKru

Banned
You're not going to get better if you don't keep trying. Use a few matches to "grind" her out, learn backroutes of the map and health pack locations.

Don't just randomly switch characters for the sake of switching characters. I personally feel that is awful advice that could lead to further frustration as now you're struggling with "insert another character here."

Last time I used her I was pretty rubbish. I give it two deaths before I switch out after the beginning of a match to get a feel for the situation but if there's an attacking space free I'll start with my pick, Tracer if I want to practice with her. I'm not one of those dudes picking Hanzo when there's already a shite Hanzo.

The last game though, it felt like a good minute I kept the other team occupied at their spawn instead of attacking the point, just trying to swat me away while getting a few kills and a sticky. Was a complete nuisance until a superior tracer put me in my place.

Egg0

Banned
Ok.... So now I know what the big deal with Bastion is. Just got 32 eliminations with him on a defend match.

Once you find a good spot to setup as a sentry, you're unstoppable unless the other team knows how to deal with you. Even his regular gun is pretty good in a 1v1 encounter.

Josh5890

Can anyone recommend a headset? I don't need anything super fancy. I would just like something that is comfortable. Preferably >$50

Some friends and I just had fun fucking around towards the end of our playtime. 4 Winstons and 2 Bastions on Defense, 4 Tracers and 2 Lucios (1 Healing, 1 Speed) on Attack. They shouldn't have worked, but they did.

I played like 5 matches with Lucio last night. Do I get less experience points for not killing as much as other characters?

The only contributing factors to XP are time, objective time, medals, finishing a match and winning a match. Kills, numbers, upvotes, whatever, do not contribute to your XP gains.

mbpm1

Played a couple of games with a two people who actually communicated who they wanted and seemed to have a good knowledge of what was needed where.

Holy crap, this is so much better. Since dude asked people to go to certain characters, I was able to try out new ones in a relatively stress free environment with a good team backing me.

And I learned that Zarya is insanely good.

She gave me 11/1 ratios when I usually have ones that look more like 4/6 and on defense our team was unbudgable from the objective and I was getting actual kill streaks.

With a good Mercy and solid support very little can beat that combo.

Good times

I haven't posted since the game came out, jeez. I haven't had a game that's made me feel so salty, but it feels so good when your team comes together to win the match.

I just feel like I never win unless I group up with others.

And I learned that Zarya is insanely good.

She gave me 11/1 ratios when I usually have ones that look more like 4/6 and on defense our team was unbudgable from the objective and I was getting actual kill streaks.

With a good Mercy and solid support very little can beat that combo.

Good times

Zarya/Mercy is a real deadly combo. Keeping Zarya healed to make up for her lower health compared to other tanks while being able to protect Mercy with barriers is amazing.

grimmiq

People that are skilled with Tracer terrify me..Had 1 game last night with a Tracer that just tore us apart, couldn't do anything to her as no one could keep up.

vypek

People that are skilled with Tracer terrify me..Had 1 game last night with a Tracer that just tore us apart, couldn't do anything to her as no one could keep up.

I typically find myself running into good Tracer's when I'm playing characters that match poorly against her such as Lucio

Zomba13

I typically find myself running into good Tracer's when I'm playing characters that match poorly against her such as Lucio

Yup. When I've got a good matchup the Tracers are just fine or bad. When it's a bad matchup then suddenly they are pro beast mode tearing not just me, but the entire team, apart.

ryseing

You're on my friends list. Let's play :) just stopped for tonight but tomorrow!

I am indeed. Sounds great.

Yup. When I've got a good matchup the Tracers are just fine or bad. When it's a bad matchup then suddenly they are pro beast mode tearing not just me, but the entire team, apart.

Tracers on the weekly mode are absolutely ridiculous. That fast skill recharge lets them zip around with almost no breaks.

This is why I wished Ranked was still in. Quick Play is worthless to me outside of warming up and familiarizing youre Main/Sub Heroes. There's is no incentive to play strategically at all right now. Nothing you do now matters atm.

Fortunately most of my pub play has been alright but every 1/5 matches or so my teammates just go full moron. Sucks.

Demoskinos

Stats Day 2. I came out of today appreciating Reaper and Widowmaker a lot more. Even got a PotG triple headshot with Widowmaker earlier. Doing her mid-air headshot for her one trophy though... man I dunno if I can manage that.

CjWhGowUkAAe3rR.jpg

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Having a lot of fun with Zarya. Neat combo of tank and support.

Voror

Most time I played so far and overall feel like I'm just garbage at this.

Best times were Mercy just supporting since I was at least doing something useful even though I think my team lost every match. Just not sure how to deal with avoiding opponents out to get me.

Had a good stint as Reaper but that was an AI battle so I'm not sure that counts at all. Like Zarya too.

I want to get better but I largely just feel like a burden to any team I'm on.

Gator86

Most time I played so far and overall feel like I'm just garbage at this.

Best times were Mercy just supporting since I was at least doing something useful even though I think my team lost every match. Just not sure how to deal with avoiding opponents out to get me.

Had a good stint as Reaper but that was an AI battle so I'm not sure that counts at all. Like Zarya too.

I want to get better but I largely just feel like a burden to any team I'm on.

Be near the objective and pick an easier character like Lucio or Soldier 76. Done, you are now better than 90% of Overwatch players.

grimmiq

I've found myself playing 4-6 games in a row, then taking a break to play some Witcher 3 or watch TV for half an hour, then back to Overwatch, really don't want to get burned out like I usually do with shooters. Really surprised with how much I enjoy every character I've played as, making my playtime for most fairly even.

Started off with a bunch of Reinhardt/Pharah/Symmetra and Mercy on day 1. Yesterday was a lot of Torbjorn/Lucio/Zenyatta/Tracer. Played a little Reaper this morning and will likely stick to Reaper/Soldier 76/and maybe D.Va tonight.

catspit

I have had decent luck with getting victory/wins in pub games since release. But tonight I think I went 0 wins 11 losses.. lol. Wth

Maybe don't play Genji and play a tank?

Catdaddy

No desire to play this before this week, gave into the hype and holy fuck.. I had a "first time I played Team Fortress Classic" moment. What fun and on a PS4 too.. Yeah I feel like I suck right now but learning the characters, game and maps..

So, is the plan to add free characters and only paywall is for cosmetic stuff?

Is Bastion getting out of control for anyone else? I just had a match with 3 Reinhardt and a Bastion and they just sat on the payload and steamrolled us.

I'm really not sure how to counter this kind of stuff.

Swig_

I bought Overwatch and love it, but man, it's such a blatant rip-off of Team Fortress 2. There are so many similarities, it boggles my mind that they can get away with it!

Gurrry

I wreck peoples shit with Roadhog. But I still dont have the islander skin... :(

I agree with others though. Right now, without ranked, everything feels kind of pointless (other than leveling up for chests). It definitely doesnt help that people treat it like TDM and ignore the payload. I hope this changes as more people figure out what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom