• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullus

Memeeees

1463990831881whak5.png

Been a while since I was this excited for a game to come out.

Maybe the server issues will only affect PC players? So maybe PS4 will be fine?

I'm pretty sure that's not how that works, but I can't let you guys take this from me.

MaxiLive

I'm really looking forward to finally playing the game late this evening/tomorrow ^.^ I managed to have a quick go of the early beta many moons ago but missed out on all the other betas due to not getting an invite/being away.

That said my PC wouldn't boot up this morning... looks like Windows 10 did some magic GPU driver install which has borked my AMD 290. It starts to boot Windows 10 then just goes to black and the fan gets stuck at 45% fan speed. I can get into my Windows 7 partition fine as well as getting into Windows 10 via the on-board GPU.

I'll have a play tonight by removing the AMD drivers etc, it best be a quick fix!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I just found out this wasn't a MOBA like a week ago, also didn't know it was releasing this soon. Too much to play right now, but bookmarking this for later to watch the trailers and see what all the hype is about. Might pick it up on PC.

TheYanger

The phasing on my server was completely fucked, I couldn't even access my Garrison for the first 2 days.

I remember Garrison phasing being severely fucked for a few days.

Those things have nothing to do with the actual servers working though. Like, you could log in and 'play' just fine. That's about the only thing relevant when it comes to discussing whether it means they'll be able to handle Overwatch numbers.

zoukka

That would be great. The voices in the short made me cringe a lot.

See, in the game they are fine, It's a highly stylized/unrealistic videogame about gibbing people who respawn quickly.

In a melodramatic trailer video the voices become a problem since Blizzard suddenly forgets what the game is about.

Man, people are really excited for this, huh.

I played the beta and didn't get it at all.

I loved the character designs, but the gameplay seemed shallow to me.

Is this just a fun pick-up-and-play title, or did I misjudge the game's depth?

Lemonte

Tecnniqe

Banned

Easy to start off and hard to master + the fact that matches only last 5-10 minutes.

Easy to jump in for a match and go on with your day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game needs more robot heroes, and I dont mean Bastion. I mean like Zenyatta

TheYanger

maybe you played on low populated server because it was unplayable at launch for a lot of people.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-apologizes-for-warlords-of-draenor-launch/1100-6423682/

Nothing there is server stability related either. And I played on a top 5 US realm in terms of population at the time. I have no doubt some random servers had some problems, aside from just 'phasing broke my garrison' and 'I can't click on the survey machine because it's broken' but there weren't systemic server issues. Nor for mop, nor for Cata.

It absolutely has depth, but depth =/= you'll love the game. On paper Overwatch should tick all my boxes, but I'm not particularly excited by it, even after a good few hours on Beta. Horses for courses!

Watch this guy play. Pro TF2 player.

The game has depth.

Easy to start off and hard to master + the fact that matches only last 5-10 minutes.

Easy to jump in for a match and go on with your day.

Alright, thanks! Not sure I like all the bunnyhopping, but I understand the game(play)'s appeal better.

I hope the game's popularity will lead to a more diverse character roster in games. I really like the game's style and non-cliched character types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom