• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
687miQO.png

814TbaW.png

Im going into this as my first FPS, completly blind. The servers for Australia start at 9AM, and i finish work at 9:15AM.

For those that have played it, what hero would you reccomend that is fast?

Im going into this as my first FPS, completly blind. The servers for Australia start at 9AM, and i finish work at 9:15AM.

For those that have played it, what hero would you reccomend that is fast?

I assume you mean as in movement speed? Tracer and Lucio are both pretty fast, although the latter is more of a support character.

Soldier 76 has the ability to sprint and is also probably the easiest to use out of the entire cast.

Genji is also pretty good, but he's not super beginner-friendly at all.

Can't really play Overwatch because servers will go live in the middle of the night and my house's electrical system is getting renovated this week, so it's gonna be a mess :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
OBT didn't have any significant problems, why should the launch?

Everyone always has such short term memories for some reason.

2206331-diablo3_diablo_iii_blizzard_error37_error_37_beta_test_open_picture_2.jpg

Complete 50/50 on if it'll be playable tomorrow or not. Sometimes their games launch like butter, sometimes they're unplayable for a week.

You really never know with these guys.

2206331-diablo3_diablo_iii_blizzard_error37_error_37_beta_test_open_picture_2.jpg

Complete 50/50 on if it'll be playable tomorrow or not. Sometimes their games launch like butter, sometimes they're unplayable for a week.

The only time Blizzard games having big launch issues is Diablo 3. All their earlier and recent releases are smooth.

CrazyHal

I haven't played with a competitive shooter since splatoon last year. Now it's time to play the latest one which also happens to be full of charm with super likable characters.

I'm very much looking forward to it. I enjoyed the Beta a lot, even when I played support. Then again, I'm one of these weirdos who do like support classes in team play.

Between this, Doom and UC4, May has been an incredible month. I'm a bit overwhelmed TBH.

Remember PS4 Overwatchers, if you want in on the master DOC, community or Group Chat please let me know! We want as many people up and running tomorrow as we can!
Count me in.
My PSN ID is Palette_Swap

Trickster

The only time Blizzard games having big launch issues is Diablo 3. All their earlier and recent releases are smooth.

Warlords of Draenor was practically unplayable for 3-4 days after it's release. It was decently playable between like 3am to 6am those days. Outside of those hours the lag was ridiculous and their phasing completed messed up the world, hardly anything appeared properly in the world.

Yeah. The open beta was flawless, but ~10 million people spread out over several days is a whole different situation than everybody slamming the servers at once.

I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. Honestly, some server problems on day one are completely forgivable with a game of this magnitude.

Lemonte

Warlords of Draenor had huge server issues. It was nearly unplayable first week or two. But Overwatch open beta was smooth so I doubt launch will be any different.

TheYanger

All the early WoW expansions had rough launches, dunno about more recent ones.

Diablo 3 wasn't the only one.

All the wow xpacs have been, in terms of server stability, relatively smooth for the past 3 or so. Still won't be surprised when this goes down, different beasts.

Warlords of Draenor had huge server issues. It was nearly unplayable first week or two. But Overwatch open beta was smooth so I doubt launch will be any different.

Uh...no? Warlords was fine, it had some quests that broke, but servers worked.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Warlords of Draenor was semi-rocky but nothing compared to D3

Warlords didn't work right for a week. This was after they got DDoS'd for about a month though.

Not really a huge deal, can't expect them to have server capacity or flawless launch with some stupid bug that can overload the adequate capacity or something.

Just not expecting it to work until the weekend, if it does i'll be pleasantly surprised though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm actually fairly optimistic this time around, partially due to the large amount of people playing during the open beta and myself not having any server issues at all during that period.

Wasn't really comparable to the tiny beta group they had for D3 and the following hammering of the servers at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom