• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I've not seen bunny hopping in the classic sense but moving and dodging is a big thing.

|OT| Goodbye OnlyWatch. Hello OverSalt.

I said that because I was watching the video posted in reply to my original comment, the 'pro TF player' one, and he was constantly jumping in that video.

SenkiDala

I dunno if people talked about it, but a French guy made a website about the game: http://www.owinfinity.com/en/

There are many details about every heroes, their skills, the symbols meaning, etc.

PS: I am NOT this guy (even though I'm French), I don't even know him, I just saw the link on a french forum.

Great OT can't wait to drive people absolutely crazy with Bastion.

PREPARING MY HATORAIDE

SALTY TEARS FLAVOUR

DELICIOUS!

Time to eat

FrankViciousHairstreak-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/FrankViciousHairstreak

Peterthumpa

Honest opinions. Not a crazy thing to ask for, no? :)

Actually, let me take this question to the next level. I wasn't a fan of fast paced FPSs until Doom completely changed my mind last week. Now I know that I can play and enjoy them.

Is Overwatch for me? Also worth saying that I plan to play using a gamepad, even if I'm buying it on PC, comfy couch and all that.

Actually, let me take this question to the next level. I wasn't a fan of fast paced FPSs until Doom completely changed my mind last week. Now I know that I can play and enjoy them.

Is Overwatch for me? Also worth saying that I plan to play using a gamepad, even if I'm buying it on PC, comfy couch and all that.

I haven't played Doom, so I can't say for sure if you would like it. But Overwatch is pretty fast-paced. As for using a controller on PC, I wouldn't recommend that since that version has no aim assist and M/KB players will likely wreck you, but if that doesn't dissuade you I would say go for it.

accx

You're gonna have a terrible time playing with a gamepad on PC. Buy it on consoles instead.

EDIT:
Try playing TF2 with a controller, or even Doom Multiplayer (turn off aim assist) and you'll get a feel for what it's like playing an FPS on PC against Mouse/Keyboard users.
Some classes might do alright but you're going to get wrecked most of the time. Anyone telling you otherwise is a fool.

Tash

Yup. I have one character in each slot I played a lot of, but even when I try to fill a role later in the beta I found myself dabbling in other heroes more. Instead of always being Lucio on support I tried Zenyatta and had a lot of fun with it.

I will say from open beta atleast there was a surprising amount of people that did go to support, from my experience the hardest archtype to actually pick was offense as so many people snap pick soldier/reaper/genji and refuse to swap so I would play defense/tank/support disproportionately more. Though the times there wouldn't be a support and the two widows on your team are spamming WE NEED A HEALER are pretty unbearable.

The problem with having one char in each slot is though that support doesn't equal support. There are maps for example where you clearly need/want Lucio over Mercy, for example. Or Tank doesn't equal tank either. In some situations you truly would need a Reinhardt (especially since all other tanks are much better in double tank situations in most team setups).

I really loved the mystery hero brawl. It gave everyone the opportunity to play heroes they normally didn't/couldn't play.

Tash

You really do not want to go up against keyboard player with controller on pc :/
There is a reason they slowed down combat on consoles quite drastically.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The problem with having one char in each slot is though that support doesn't equal support. There are maps for example where you clearly need/want Lucio over Mercy, for example. Or Tank doesn't equal tank either. In some situations you truly would need a Reinhardt (especially since all other tanks are much better in double tank situations in most team setups).

I really loved the mystery hero brawl. It gave everyone the opportunity to play heroes they normally didn't/couldn't play.

Yeah, that's true. Either way I'd agree that fully intending on 'maining' one character the entire time is a bad idea. And atleast for random pub games having something for each slot is a decent guideline, though there's stuff like Symmeta which realllllly doesn't fill in just for support. Especially on the attack side.

I liked the mystery hero brawl until people lucked into double bastions and your random heroes would have no way of handling it. :p

KrawlMan

damn thats worst. Good Luck Blizzard.

I remember when Diablo 3 launch was error messages for a couple days

Beta had what...9.7 million players? They managed pretty well all things considered. I'm not too worried about the launch.

Edit: I know its not concurrent players, but I imagine those numbers were pretty high too.

B.O.O.M

Amazon just shipped my order..delivery date is still Wednesday :( I will Waka Teki then so do my portion of Waka Teki too people

JCH!

I don't really understand how they would fuck up this launch if the Open beta went fine. I assume less people will be playing today than when the open beta went live...

The fact that I'm starting to see sunlight is probably an indication that I should stop. I've been going for literally 11 hours.

Goodnight everyone. I'm sure I'll see some of you in-game later today.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Honest opinions. Not a crazy thing to ask for, no? :)

If you are going to solo, it will get to you
Lone Wolf has it moments, but team play is key

The great thing about this game is stats are pointless, they arent the harbinger of other FPS stat whoring

I played for the fun of it as shocking as it may sound
Even in losses you learn stuff to make you better, cause you get taught new things to look out for

Its also a blast co-op wise with shooting the shit with friends or mates and having a go at it

The game brings the Destiny social aspect
What I mean is, when Destiny came along, it made people want to group up
It started becoming community centric by the way of playing the game, but also doing so with likeminded people

As you can see the meme force is Strong in this one
The playful nature of this game removes the clutter other FPS have stagnated
Games can be quick or super slow depending on how teams react to each other

Some people play OW like Checkers, others Chess, hilarious when both styles of play clash against each other and chaos ensues
Sometimes being very methodical can be your downfall

To me the game feels fresh, last game that got a gold of me like this was Destiny and I've put in roughly 1000+ hours before health issues sidelined me
I still play Destiny, but the game has left me and its hard for me to schedule into other players routines + my off schedule is not a match with most

OW feels like a pick up and play. Its never long in the tooth feeling
Maybe its due to its freshness and no redundancy of having played something like this before

Game has a curve but its so incremental, one great thing this game does is it always makes you feel like your 1 step away from greatness
It happens a lot, one game you might just click with a character and the opposition just befalls to your skills, then next round you get humbled like no tomorrow due to situations changing to combat or adjust to you

Tash

Yeah, that's true. Either way I'd agree that fully intending on 'maining' one character the entire time is a bad idea. And atleast for random pub games having something for each slot is a decent guideline, though there's stuff like Symmeta which realllllly doesn't fill in just for support. Especially on the attack side.

I liked the mystery hero brawl until people lucked into double bastions and your random heroes would have no way of handling it. :p

haha yeah, that's true about the hero brawl. However, in that case you basically started to think outside the box (or just accept your impending defeat).

I commend you for actually having played all archetypes. Most newish players don't do that. I have been in the beta since August last year, so I have played most of the chars but I still find myself having to play tanks or support with random groups.
Thankfully I have a group of friends I've been playing with for a while now and we are a well balanced setup and can adjust to counter the opposing team :)

Klyka

Banned
I don't really understand how they would fuck up this launch if the Open beta went fine. I assume less people will be playing today than when the open beta went live...

Some people believe that more people have bought the game than have played the Open Beta

Ayumi

Hiii OT! I finally bought the game today. Used my last dime. RIP. Really wanted a D.Va avatar on Gaf, but there are so many already!

Gonna use Boot Camp, but I'm waiting patiently for Mac version.. maybe it will never happen, but here's to hoping~
Also I guess I won't be able to play until in about 24 hours. :<

I... actually didn't play the Overwatch beta. Been way too busy with other things (cough.... useless D3 farming).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom