• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think they should nerf Widowmaker because she kills me a lot

...like a lot a lot :(

I dont actually think they should nerf Widowmaker

Normally, I get bored with MP-shooters after a couple of hours. Now I'm 10 hours in, just played 3 hours straight with a friend of mine. This is insane fun. Blizzard can't do wrong.
We both played soldier and basically annihilated everything, getting one killstreak after another. So good, so so good.
Where has this game been all my life?

SwolBro

Banned
It's the same stuff as 8 years of TF2 and people having trouble with level 3 sentries, except this time they deal 3x as less damage and there are twice as many ways to deal with them.

Because they deal shit damage ANYONE behind Rein will kill one, 3 direct rockets kill (blast Torb away from repairing if he is with knockback ability), Hanzo Shot and scatter shot, or mark it so your allies aren't stupid about it, Junkrat free all day, like it's not walking 5 feet from a corner an dying to a 300DPS bastion, you have so much time not to die.
Again, i'm talking about console. You aren't going to find amazing Hanzo's and Widowers on console like you will on PC. And i never said anything about bastions.

Cocaloch

Yeah, I'm playing on PS4. It may be more of an issue on console, I dunno. But I also see this same thing happen repeatedly. Maybe us console scrubs need to just git gud, I'm open to being wrong, but for the moment I agree his turrets feel overpowered.

Maybe it's just a higher percent of console players have no TF2 experience or something, but I've never felt I've lost a game because the other team has a turret. It's really easy to deal with.

The "nerf this" jokes will never end if they do.

From what i've seen recently, everyone has become pretty competent at turning and running, which only results in like one kill for her ult. UNLESS you all get cornered and she happens to place it well, which is hard on its own.

dats the joke

So I came back from the store and opened up 50 boxes.

J0vAgDf.png

I got this along with 2.2k coins. The bastion one and Genji one put a huge smile on my face. I think I did alright.

Just realized that Reaper skin looks like the Tier 8 Warlock set in WoW

Ferrio

Banned
True nightmare: being frozen by a Mei and forced to watch her dead eyed stare as she slowly chips you into nothing.

I don't find fighting Mei's bad, but ya they way she does kill you is humiliating more than any other character. You have a good chunk of time to reflect on what the hell you did wrong as you stand there motionless as she lines up the shot.

abundant

Yeah, I'm playing on PS4. It may be more of an issue on console, I dunno. But I also see this same thing happen repeatedly. Maybe us console scrubs need to just git gud, I'm open to being wrong, but for the moment I agree his turrets feel overpowered.

I'm also on PS4 and saying that they aren't effective unless playing with a bad team.

Mossybrew

I'm also on PS4 and saying that they aren't effective unless playing with a bad team.

Entirely possible I get on a lot of bad teams. Entirely possible I'm a bad player. Just saying it's been my experience. And quite frequently the other team has two Tornbjorns when they're defending.

Anteo

I think they should nerf Widowmaker because she kills me a lot

...like a lot a lot :(

I dont actually think they should nerf Widowmaker

The easiest way to force them to repick to another character is to pick D.VA and just fly to their position, killing them is a plus but just harrasing the snipers does the job
In matches were there are 2 snipers, this can force at least one to repick their hero

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just got an orange and a yellow pull in one box. Fuckin hype! Explorer Winston and a Lucio emote ��

those are one and the same. there is no orange and yellow. There is yellow-ish orange, which is legendary, purple for epic, blue for rare, white for commons. I forgot if there are greens.

that means you got 2 legendaries in the box

edit: wait Lucio emote? there are no legendary emotes, it sounds like it was a dupe and it had a yellow border because it was a dupe?

TaterTots

Banned
Lets get down to brass tax. How many hours has everyone put in so far? I'm not ashamed to admit I've put in 20 hours. I don't start my new job until the 9th so I plan on playing the hell out of this game. Best $40 I've spent on a game in awhile.

TaterTots

Banned
It's one of the worst ults in the game.

Soon as people learn to play it'll probably take the top spot.

Once you learn the sound cues for ults it's easy to avoid a lot of them. D.Va is no different. I use to kill myself a ton with her ult before I knew to dash and boogie.

Whenever I'm Zarya and I'm glowing with energy, is that based upon my damage boost from the shield absorption?

I see myself in killcam die like I'm surrounded by a Kaio-Ken or something.
Yep, that's how the enemy can tell how charged up you are, in addition to the width of the beam, and the size of the orb on your gun.

abundant

Entirely possible I get on a lot of bad teams. Entirely possible I'm a bad player. Just saying it's been my experience. And quite frequently the other team has two Tornbjorns when they're defending.

Now multiple Torbjorns can be a bitch to deal with, but the same could be said for other classes too. Basically, instead of nerfing Torbjorn, they should restrict multiples of the same hero.

Zomba13

I do not understand why people quite when you're losing and there are seconds left. Like, why eat up a potential penalty? Why not stay a few seconds longer, see the defeat then rage quit?

I understand quitting fairly early after a strong push and being "fuck this", you know, you don't want to be there and would rather quit, punishment be damned, but to stay the whole match and quit in the last few seconds just before losing. Does a w/l record really matter that much to you?

The range that Mei has on her standard attack is insane. Paired with how fast it freezes people she can single handedly kill every other hero. I feel like if any character is going to get nerfed it is her.

Rhaknar

Lets get down to brass tax. How many hours has everyone put in so far? I'm not ashamed to admit I've put in 20 hours. I don't start my new job until the 9th so I plan on playing the hell out of this game. Best $40 I've spent on a game in awhile.

177 games if you are interested since it doesnt show on that page

edit: D.Va fell off the list hard fam ;_; Even fucking 76 is up there now :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Again, i'm talking about console. You aren't going to find amazing Hanzo's and Widowers on console like you will on PC. And i never said anything about bastions.
I don't see how peeking rockets or aiming over a wall is any harder on a console.

Ferrio

Banned
So anyone playing with a super high ping? My pings are either 70, or 120 mattering which server I'm connected to. Higher than most people would like, but seems to work fine. Curious how well the game is running for people at 200+.

Zaventem

Hit level 32 and connecting to matches are taking forever now. At the very least they're only paring me up with higher leveled people so not pushing the payload probably won't be a problem.

Is anyone else getting long wait times when searching for a game on the PS4? It had been finding games really quick, but now it takes more than a minute, sometimes two.

Hit level 32 and connecting to matches are taking forever now. At the very least they're only paring me up with higher leveled people so not pushing the payload probably won't be a problem.

Oh, maybe that's it. That sucks.

Rhaknar

I wish Zarya's beam locked on like Symmetra's does, but that would be too OP I guess. Its so hard to hit smaller guys with it, I just end up lobbing grenaes most of the time

fhqwhgads

I'm probably the only person in the thread that thinks Bastion needs a buff. He's practically useless in anything that isn't strictly defence, plus his ultimate is really underwhelming compared to his normal sentry form.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I wish Zarya's beam locked on like Symmetra's does, but that would be too OP I guess. Its so hard to hit smaller guys with it, I just end up lobbing grenaes most of the time
Yeah, charged up your laser is going to be doing 160DPS (80 base, 160 at 100), large ammo pool. It's a way to make balance aim/damage/tank hitboxes. It's a good place and I want to play her more.
I'm probably the only person in the thread that thinks Bastion needs a buff. He's practically useless in anything that isn't strictly defence, plus his ultimate is really underwhelming compared to his normal sentry form.
Tank form underwhelming, that's a new one.

Hawkie

Torbjorn turret needs a nerf. end of story.

bastions can be dealt with, but when they set up an automatic turret like this in a corner of a map for a capture point... the entire game revolves around it.

even with a good team it becomes such a pain. it's the vocal point of the match when it shouldn't be. the turrets should be there to assist, not become the center of attention.

i keep getting better at the game, climbing in level, and yet the problem remains.

I have about 200 hours clocked on engineer alone on TF2 and he is much stronger than Torbjorn. That being said, I now play on PS4 EU and the last three games I went on killstreaks of 28, 18 and 16 without much effort at all. That just wouldn't happen on PC and it wont last on PS4 much longer as people will figure it out for themselves shortly.

Rhaknar

speaking of getting used to stuff, people (including me) are getting much better at avoiding Hanzo's ult. Still a great ult if only to cause disruption tho, but I barely saw any of the 3-4 kills with it I saw in the first few days

edit: oh and btw, im nothing if not honest, and you guys were right, Zarya's alt DOES dmg her, but you need to really be pointing down at her feet almost for it to hurt you. if you point it down a bit away from you (which is what I do for those pesky Tracers and Genjis) it doesnt hurt you

Jobbs

Banned
I've now mastered D.va and Pharah.

Need a new character to master. Thinking maybe Junkrat..? I like the look of him, can someone give me a rundown of what his role in the game is/how to play him?

Matt Frost

I also do. So many clueless players complained about him instead of learning (complaining is easier) that Blizzard nerfed him. Sad.

Do people hate the Anubis map? They all keep leaving it

It's definitely not a good map, if that's what you're wondering. I don't leave matches unless it's in the first ten seconds after team picks (if I forgot to leave during the stats screen), but Anubis certainly isn't a favorite of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom