• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

A Genji pulled some Yu Yu Hakusho shit on me basically did this to me today......didn't even know it was possible.

https://youtu.be/upYa6OfV8RU?t=58

Was it me?

I had a huge Game Ending Genji Awesomeness in my last game as him. I ran behind the enemy into the capture point then started capturing, Mercy Widow and Reaper came to attack me.. I did the deflect just as reaper did his ultimate, killed both Widow and Mercy then 1 shotted reaper when he was done.

Won the game..

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to find the elusive, rare Speed-only Lucio who goes for the K/D ratio and never heals.

Guaranteed loss.

I dont find breaking the defence on Anubis particularly hard since i mostly play Genji.
Dash through the left door on the gate usually then i can go round or climb over the wall.

Go around point A and enemies start losing it trying to find me.

Short version: Blow. Shit. Up.

Long version:

• Your grenades are great for area denial, and poking at stationary players. Up close, impacting players will instantly detonate the grenade (watch out for self-damage). Great for messing with Bastion and Torbjorn's turrets (to which Junkrat is a hard counter)
  • Your jump pad, or whatever you want to call it, can be used for mobility. Get the high ground and raise hell, and don't forget that you can use it to send particularly irritating enemies flying away from you if you can't deal with them.
  • Set your beartrap around corners, so enemies can't anticipate it. Once you're notified they've hit it (you hear a clanging noise and see their location on your UI), fill 'em up with nades.
  • Your ult can climb walls (hold jump). I use this to get around snipers who think their perches are perfect, easily-defensible locations. They're not.

Perhaps most crucially:

IF YOU DIE WHILE YOUR ULT IS ACTIVE, YOU CAN CONTINUE TO DRIVE IT AROUND

I'd add that you should shooting constantly if possible but you addressed that in the short version.

Cheers, love!

Slixshot

Banned
those are one and the same. there is no orange and yellow. There is yellow-ish orange, which is legendary, purple for epic, blue for rare, white for commons. I forgot if there are greens.

that means you got 2 legendaries in the box

edit: wait Lucio emote? there are no legendary emotes, it sounds like it was a dupe and it had a yellow border because it was a dupe?

Sorry I meant orange and purple!

Ferrio

Banned
I dont find breaking the defence on Anubis particularly hard since i mostly play Genji.
Dash through the left door on the gate usually then i can go round or climb over the wall.

Same, I try and snag Tracer and sneak through. Forces them to retreat to deal with me or defend the gate.

I managed to find the elusive, rare Speed-only Lucio who goes for the K/D ratio and never heals.

Guaranteed loss.
Actually a Lucio that doesn't heal much can be somewhat useful.

On a few maps like Ilios and Nepal, I've spent significant times speed-boosting behind enemy lines and causing mass disruption. On those maps you can bump people off the map, or my favorite is to get behind and bump them into your team's fire.

Plum

After some deliberation I've decided to wait a while until I get the game. By the time the first free heroes and maps start coming out I'm willing to bet the "CoD" kill-first players would have either left or learned to play the objective which will make my solo play more tolerable.

So until then, have fun without me! I'll be playing DOOM and Blood & Wine.

Whenabouts are the first free DLC packs expected to drop anyway? Has Blizzard given any time frames yet?

Zomba13

Anyone feel that Tracer and Genji should have a horizontal wall run, like Lucio? I think that just fits their style. It would probably make them OP but it just feels so right that they would be able to run along walls.

Zeliard

Anubis can be really annoying for the attacking team because there is only the huge gate in the beginning and no alternative route to get beyond the wall. That makes it pretty easy to defend.

I've found that Zarya is particularly excellent at attacking that point since she can safely lob high-energy bombs that will put a hurting if not outright kill heroes like Bastion, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Junkrat, etc which can make that point a nightmare. And she can get energy pretty easily and consistently there since there's so much incoming fire in a small space.

Also makes for a great distraction while your Genji or Tracer tries to flank.

Berordn

Whenabouts are the first free DLC packs expected to drop anyway? Has Blizzard given any time frames yet?

Competitive is launching in about a month, so you could probably expect some news around that time I'd think.

So is there a concensus on who the best heroes are yet or are all 21 considered balanced?

Depends entirely on the map and composition. No one character outright outclasses the others. There's good all-rounder characters you could pick up like Bastion and Hero:76 that can fit into any composition pretty well, though.

After some deliberation I've decided to wait a while until I get the game. By the time the first free heroes and maps start coming out I'm willing to bet the "CoD" kill-first players would have either left or learned to play the objective which will make my solo play more tolerable.

So until then, have fun without me! I'll be playing DOOM and Blood & Wine.

You've got a good set of games to play there but let me tell you that the losing in this game isn't anything like most multiplayer games.

Stomps are so infrequent. The fact that wins or losses are sometimes on a shoestring as to the swing of the game makes losing feel more like a "awwwww, almost" than it may actually be.

And this is coming from someone who is forever bitching about his team while ignoring his own faults.

Vestal

Anubis can be really annoying for the attacking team because there is only the huge gate in the beginning and no alternative route to get beyond the wall. That makes it pretty easy to defend.

Genhi, Reaper, or Tracer can nullify that very quickly.

Simply get behind them and start picking them off one by one.

Just got Anubis Pharah and Jester Junkrat in the same box after getting nothing but tier 1 and 2 stuff before. Game is trying to tell me that my calling in life is to spam AOE damage and I'm fine with that.

Plum

You've got a good set of games to play there but let me tell you that the losing in this game isn't anything like most multiplayer games.

Stomps are so infrequent. The fact that wins or losses are sometimes on a shoestring as to the swing of the game makes losing feel more like a "awwwww, almost" than it may actually be.

And this is coming from someone who is forever bitching about his team while ignoring his own faults.

Whilst that does sound good I just can't see it as a good investment right now, especially since with exams coming up (and Blood and Wine taking precedent in my limited gametime then anyway) I would never be able to give it the time it needs.

Lazulic

bought 10 boxes
26b9f3e518.png
the game wants me to play builder

Kalentan

The more I play, the more I still am in the belief that teams should be restricted to one character per team. Or at the very least, put restriction on some characters.

Apathy

hanzo's arrows need to be smaller man, no aim at all required + instantkill on anything not a tank is bullshit.

also, any way to report a username, saw a terribly disgusting one and nothing comes up when right clicking

edit: nvm found it

The more I play, the more I still am in the belief that teams should be restricted to one character per team. Or at the very least, put restriction on some characters.

Nah man i just had a random pub match where we all used Reaper without communicating to each other it was glorious how edgy it looked

Two Words

Was it me?

I had a huge Game Ending Genji Awesomeness in my last game as him. I ran behind the enemy into the capture point then started capturing, Mercy Widow and Reaper came to attack me.. I did the deflect just as reaper did his ultimate, killed both Widow and Mercy then 1 shotted reaper when he was done.

Won the game..

No, a Genji deflected my Hanzo dragon ult. The dragon even turned from blue to red when it bounced back. That's why I posted the video link. It was straight out of Yu Yu Hakusho.

genji is so much fun. I know you're supposed to switch it up a lot according to situations, but I feel like my genji just makes a much higher impact than any other character i choose. Time to get gud with other classes. Tried Lucio, he was dope.

Team Neon Ninja

also, whats the best genji skin or skin in the game in general for you guys? The mcree skins are fucking awful, but I like the black gold Versace Soldier and that black Cyborg genji that costs 250 blizzard coins

Warewolf

No, a Genji deflected my Hanzo dragon ult. The dragon even turned from blue to red when it bounced back. That's why I posted the video link. It was straight out of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Wait, the Animation deflects as well? That sounds amazing! I need to look up footage of this, I heard it could be deflected and I don't know why I assumed the dragon wouldn't reflect it but still, new Genji life goals.

Did Blizzard said how many maps, modes and heroes this year? I'm really enjoying my rented copy and I'm leaning towards buying this over Mirrors Edge, but I wish there were more game modes. However, it's so fun!

Apathy

wow, didn't think it was possible, but I found the one bad hanzo in this game. Too bad he had to be on my team, but yeah.

what goes through people's head?

"oh hey my team almost has the point captured in overtime, oh they died and i can reset the overtime timer by touching it. I see them coming they can make it if I just stop shooting arrows and move in, but I wont."

can these people just be filtered down at some point so the 1-10's can be in their own bracket

wow, didn't think it was possible, but I found the one bad hanzo in this game. Too bad he had to be on my team, but yeah.

what goes through people's head?

"oh hey my team almost has the point captured in overtime, oh they died and i can reset the overtime timer by touching it. I see them coming they can make it if I just stop shooting arrows and move in, but I wont."

can these people just be filtered down at some point so the 1-10's can be in their own bracket

Dude you over exaggerate Hanzo's arrows constantly it's getting annoying. His shots don't track or auto aim or hit people 2 feet away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im at work. Because i need to earn money. To eat. Fuck work, I wanna play more.

B.O.O.M

Dorado best map. Second best is Anubis. Hollywood worst map.

edit: oh and as much as I love this game, the duplicate loot is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT! Sorry but this is a shitty move by the devs

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Being forced to heal and watching your team be absolute trash is frustrating.

Decided to use Lucio for the first time and this was what most i my games ended up as. i basically one us the last rounds and had 4 golds each round. Team was absolute trash

Klyka

Banned
I just kept the payload contested as Lucio while directly on the capture pad for 1 entire minute just driving around like Speedy Gonzales around it.

It was beautiful.

Wanderer5

Wait, the Animation deflects as well? That sounds amazing! I need to look up footage of this, I heard it could be deflected and I don't know why I assumed the dragon wouldn't reflect it but still, new Genji life goals.

Mind you, Genji can only reflect the arrow that Hanzo is shooting to unleashed the dragon, which has a 1-2 second ish window before the dragons appears, which he can't reflect it then.

Apathy

Dude you over exaggerate Hanzo's arrows constantly it's getting annoying. His shots don't track or auto aim or hit people 2 feet away.

then dont read my posts. pretty easy. Hanzo arrows are stupid right now, and it's been proven with videos how generous the aiming for shots are/ but hey, ignore that cause you like hanzo, and then ignore me too my blocking my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom