• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Can we ban torb from attack teams on assault maps?
Maybe even bastion but I think he has more offensive utility...

Also can we incentivize support roles more?
bastion can have some use on offenses with defending the cart/point or wreck the defensive team if they don't bother checking any flanks. Once shit gets moving switching to soldier 76 does the same role, but trades area denial for mobility
I'm just curious, has anyone been playing on PC with a controller? I know a few friends who seem interested, but they would be using One controllers, and I've advised them against the purchase based on this variable. Seems like they would get absolutely destroyed.
no autoaim for controllers, so some classes won't be as effective as on kb/m

MazeHaze

Banned
I'm just curious, has anyone been playing on PC with a controller? I know a few friends who seem interested, but they would be using One controllers, and I've advised them against the purchase based on this variable. Seems like they would get absolutely destroyed.

Nothing makes me happier than this. I hope to one day get a whole team with this.

l3Ucg8lCM9MAYrkAg.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hate when games do shit that removes player control from you and that's Mei's whole shtick.

Fuck Mei.

darklin0

Banned
Welp I got a second legendary skin today from one of my level up boxes. It was another Reaper skin. fml

I now have Mariachi and El Blanco. I don't even like playing reaper. Pls Q and Kill Kill Kill me.

How are people without friends playing Overwatch organizing together? I'm not even sure how Overwatch lets teams fight other teams without all 12 people setting it up before hand.

Moonlight

Banned
I picked Winston, put my whole god-damn team and their insistence on refusing to play the objective on my back, disrupted the fucking shit out of their Reinhardt-focused comp, and not even a commendation card. :(

I realized today the mistake I'd been making with Roadhog: you need to shotgun them after the hook, of course, but also hit them with a right click before. Some of the higher HP heroes were just frustrating before, but with a shot before and after, they die easily. I feel so dumb.

You can do right click -> hook -> left click -> melee for a meaty combo. takes down tanks super quickly, and it's unbelievable how fast you deal damage.

Mei is bae.

Its true.
I agree with this.
Thanks! I completely agree! I think I under appreciated her myself until I gave her a few matches to learn. Now I want that Winter skin so bad and I can't stop playin her!
You're welcome. :)

Absolutely. With her ability to shield teammates she almost seems like a hybrid tank/support character to me. I find her very versatile personally.

Mei is too adorable to hate.
I think it's hilarious that they made the character that possibly irritates the most people in the game, possibly the most cuddly and adorable.

Killing Mei is pretty damn satisfying. A reward in of itself.
I also agree with this. Haha

Pooya

Mei is a problematic hero, I think she will get changed. She has cc with walls, a strong ranged attack, up close kills anything, not just one target either and the ullt is just salt dispenser.

Then McCree is recognized by pros to be well above others, hero stacking in particular with someone like doesn't have much of a downside.

Stuns are really strong and meta defining in mobas/class based games and these two characters can do stuns very easily and with the power to finish off the target too. Stun capable characters usually can't do both and well, shouldn't, it's one or the other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's funny how much people complain about Mei when there are other characters that can stun or kill easily too

When Mcree does it, its so fast you dont have time to think about what happened.

Mei is a slow process, and then you have to look at her as she shoots you in the face.

She's sorry tho :3

People shit on Bastion POTG, but Torb's are easily the worst in the game 99% of the time.
I've gotten some hilarious POTG's where it's me running back from the spawn, noticing that my turret is firing and activating my ult while running back :p

But I've had some pretty fun POTG's too. Some completely non-turret related actually. His shotgun is really underrated.

Xeteh

My winrate with Mercy is so fucking awful because I play her in pubs and people are absolutely allergic to protecting you. Another loss where I spent the entire game dashing between teammates hoping they'd attack the Tracer that wouldn't leave me alone and it never happened.

Throw in the random Reaper and I spent most of my game running back from spawn.

Which character counters Mei? She's the most obnoxious little shit, I swear to god

Anything with range or a stun. Tanks because they have too much HP to burst down and shields like Zarya's, Winston's and Reinhardt's block freeze. Stop trying to fight her 1 on 1 close up.

Wubbys

How are people good with the monkey? I stoof point blank next to turret bastion and barely did half his health in like 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom