• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

My winrate with Mercy is so fucking awful because I play her in pubs and people are absolutely allergic to protecting you. Another loss where I spent the entire game dashing between teammates hoping they'd attack the Tracer that wouldn't leave me alone and it never happened.

Throw in the random Reaper and I spent most of my game running back from spawn.

Anything with range or a stun. Tanks because they have too much HP to burst down and shields like Zarya's, Winston's and Reinhardt's block freeze. Stop trying to fight her 1 on 1 close up.

Why i prefer lucio, at least you are a harder target

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love losing like 10 games in a row, makes the game really enjoyable getting paired with scrubs.

Maybe you're the scrub

images

It was nice to see my friends list populate with over watch players. It took a few days, but I think word of mouth is starting to spread and this game is going to sell gang busters.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How are people good with the monkey? I stoof point blank next to turret bastion and barely did half his health in like 4 seconds.

Winston is not a killer. He's great at breaking through chokepoints and breaking into the backlines. He can only kill weaker/mobile heroes. He's good at killing Tracer/Genji/Hanzo/Widowmaker. He's also pretty good against Reinhardt since the beam goes through the shield

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Winston is not a killer. He's great at breaking through chokepoints and breaking into the backlines. He can only kill weaker/mobile heroes. He's good at killing Tracer/Genji/Hanzo/Widowmaker. He's also pretty good against Reinhardt since the beam goes through the shield

He kills healers real nicely too :(

MGrant

The Mei hate is delicious. Best counters are Pharah, McCree, and Reaper. Tracer can also give her problems. If you are not one of these four and you see Mei is close, but do not run away immediately, you deserve your death. Come at me.

Moonlight

Banned
How are people good with the monkey? I stoof point blank next to turret bastion and barely did half his health in like 4 seconds.
Using him to out-duel a Bastion is exactly how you don't use him. But basically, you want to abuse his leap a lot, it affords him a lot of burst mobility and lets him come from unexpected angles into the middle of the enemy formation. Throw down the barrier to relieve pressure or help out some teammates, then dance around and scare the shit out of everyone with his lightning gun, which yes, basically tickles enemies but will chip down important squishies like Mercy who don't have easy ways of escaping you, since the gun both arcs and will hit anything in its' way at once.

And once your health gets low, just jump out and into safety or pop your ultimate or something. You wanna be jumping around a lot in general, because it keeps you from being focused as easily.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Who does D.VA get countered by? I've been playing as her on the attack and she is absolutely bonkers. Since I started playing her earlier tonight I've been on a tear. I literally killed every character in the game by just rushing them down from behind/side and crushing them.

So gooood.

The Mei hate is delicious. Best counters are Pharah, McCree, and Reaper. Tracer can also give her problems. If you are not one of these four and you see Mei is close, but do not run away immediately, you deserve your death. Come at me.
She's a bottom-tier character anyways. My salt does not come from a place of being outplayed by her, but just finding her presence annoying. It's usually worse when she's on my team, particularly with pubs.
I'm so salty that I got that skin. It's my only legendary, for a character I never use ;___;

Zekes!

My favourite thing about Winston is being able to leap over buildings/structures to get behind enemy lines and then start causing mayhem with his ult

the leap is so satisfying

labx

Banned
So quick question guys. Today my copy arrived and I notice that some skins change the ultimate. Well, Hanzo wolf skin change his ultime power, every character have another ultimate with the "legendary" skin?

Xeteh

Mei should never kill a Tracer. Tracer shouldn't be in a position to ever be frozen, the only way to kill her is to get some lucky icicle hits but if Tracer is moving around a ton that shouldn't happen.

Bad McCrees are easy to read but with Fan the Hammer sometimes that doesn't matter.

The two legendary skins I got are not even remotely interesting to me so I'm jealous of people who get skins they like.

I just finished my 100th match and so far I have about 56 wins. What the tells me is either a) overwatch has been really good about pairing me with matches or B) I'm actually good at the game.

Either way I'm a-mei-zed

Zomba13

Reaper is corny as fuck. He looks like some 15 year old's "edgy" OC on deviant art.

That is why Reaper is great. He's so edgy and try hard that it loops from being bad into something gloriously stupid. He's not a serious attempt at a dark and brooding character, he's pretty much a parody.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
It was awesome getting some games in with some of the old TF2-GAF crew tonight. I'm still a total baddie so nothings changed there, but still, good times.

Apathy

hate going a few winstreaks just to be put in a losing game. it's so much bullshit, guess what blizzard, soon as it's done I'm leaving and requeuing

It's not even an instant loss either, its one that like 1 minute and a half to 2 minutes left

Zekes!

Mei should never kill a Tracer. Tracer shouldn't be in a position to ever be frozen, the only way to kill her is to get some lucky icicle hits but if Tracer is moving around a ton that shouldn't happen.

the last Tracer I killed as Mei was when I trapped both of us in a corner indoors with an ice wall and froze her to death slowly while she screamed and tried to scratch her way out

Fliesen

... had such great games yesterday. (

we ended up losing a lot so we went for dumber strats, like "all soldier 76" on attack, "all mei" on defense, "all roadhog" on control"

... we won those games. the "all soldier 76" was actually so one-sided it's not even funny.

All Tracer and All Winston were a less succesful endeavour.

Took 31 levels, but finally getting some leg drops.

smkP4kw.jpg

WayT23c.jpg

WBDTO9O.jpg

Also had enough credits to buy Valkyrie Mercy and Comtsse Widowmaker.
3AQmK.gif
Haven't gotten a single skin for my girl Tracer, not even a 75c skin. Hopefully one of those drops.

B.O.O.M

She's a bottom-tier character anyways. My salt does not come from a place of being outplayed by her, but just finding her presence annoying. It's usually worse when she's on my team, particularly with pubs.

I'm so salty that I got that skin. It's my only legendary, for a character I never use ;___;

My only Legendary is for 'RA' Zenyetta ...also a character I never use :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom