• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a great time playing both solo, and with groups personally.

Yeah, I went on like, a 6 game winning streak right now just playing solo.

This game is just straight up fun playing however.

All that changed in my Goth Zarya was some added spikes at the barrel of her gun :(

Just think about the amount of people you're triggering just by playing Goth Zarya!

Lost the last game I played but the ending was too damn good. Played Zarya, rushed into the point, saw 5 people there, had my ult ready and decided I had nothing to lose. The second I hit I hear behind me "RYUUGA WAGETEKIWO KURAU", I die and then watch as they all die.

Fucking beautiful and completely unplanned.

Talking about the go fuck yourself arrow, the wolf hanzo skin actually changes what Hanzo says and the dragons 'howl' instead of roaring.(Do the heads change? I didn't notice). Pretty neat~!

DNAbro

Lost the last game I played but the ending was too damn good. Played Zarya, rushed into the point, saw 5 people there, had my ult ready and decided I had nothing to lose. The second I hit I hear behind me "RYUUGA WAGETEKIWO KURAU", I die and then watch as they all die.

Fucking beautiful and completely unplanned.

mollipen

Played with a group of randoms and we somehow non-verbally all picked Torbjorn to defend on Hanamura.

It did not go well for the other team...lol. Saved the video, too.

...I think I may have been in the group playing against you. Was it three Torbjorn on your team at game's end?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw. All you motherfuckers with weird ass different names on battlenet, you are all bad people. I dont know who anyone is ffs :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can set friend notes via the launcher client to remind yourself who people are.

Well o finally got to play this for the first time after a busy week and there are still some growing pains to get through. People don't seem interested in picking balanced team's leading to me tending to pick support classes. They're fun, but sometimes I wanna be a cool ninja too :/

To be fair, I just jumped on quick match. Hopefully when I hook up with Gaf and GIant Bomb groups there people are super chill overall.

MazeHaze

Banned
I was playing earlier and once the other team claimed an objective, they all switched to bastion and the dwarf turret and just set up shop on the objective, wrecking the shit out of us lol. Was pretty frustrating, is there any way around this? I tried most of my usual Bastion counters, but there was just too many of them set up perfectly to even begin to fuck with them.

mbpm1

I was playing earlier and once the other team claimed an objective, they all switched to bastion and the dwarf turret and just set up shop on the objective, wrecking the shit out of us lol. Was pretty frustrating, is there any way around this? I tried most of my usual Bastion counters, but there was just too many of them set up perfectly to even begin to fuck with them.

Go all Reinhardt

Zaventem

I find that junkrat is a good turret counter. I play torb and bastion on defense a ton so when I see someone has them on the opposing team I switch out after I get atleast 1 ultimate off.

Sianos

I checked out that Overwatch stat site, and (currently) my D.VA is ranked number five for most damage in a round at 23,422. :eek:

Additionally, I'm ranked 18th for most eliminations with 49 and 26th for average KDA with a 4.07. Truly, D.VA is the Queen of digital sports.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just saw someone in twitter say the overwatch logo is a high five and now I cant unsee it :(

I find that junkrat is a good turret counter. I play torb and bastion on defense a ton so when I see someone has them on the opposing team I switch out after I get atleast 1 ultimate off.

It feels like nearly every time I use Junkrat's ultimate, the tire just gets destroyed literally half a second before I wipe out half their team.

Heel

...I think I may have been in the group playing against you. Was it three Torbjorn on your team at game's end?

Nah, the win screen had 6 Torbjorns with a pirate skin in the middle lol

They tried using a Reinhardt with Widowmakers to snipe the turrets. The shield melted within seconds, haha. I'll have to upload it.

I guess this is a no True Scottsman issue, but were they actually competent? It seems like a team of Lucios speedboosting and healing each other, while running around on the damn walls would be pretty effective.
Problem is that a team of Lucio's DPS is too low for offense on Route 66. We had too much shit going on and by the time they got to the payload they would get killed. A couple would get past it and live for a little longer but a Lucio or two isn't all that threatening.
anyone has tips for tracer

got a cool skin for her but im terrible with her, how 2 git gud?

Flank a lot, never go head-on. Her DPS is nuts, so try and strafe around and go for headshots. Hang out by health spawns too in case you need to recall. And be cautious around characters like Reaper, Roadhog, and Junkrat since they can more or less oneshot you. Play midrange against them if you can.

Rhaknar

If you die from a Tor turret because you got caught, thats on Tor.

If you die again because you forgot you died 30 seconds ago, thats on you.

Also the first thing I do when I die to a / see a turret is say in chat "yo there's a turret around the left corner". Will people listen? I dunno but I did my part.

What's the max level?

100 then you prestige

If you play Lucio, there's a great spot in Lijiang Tower for environmental kills.I got tons of kills just by staying inside and watching side entrances.

Stay inside, watch the corners (or bait them depending on the circumstances), and send them flying before they are able to react or re-position themselves

https://gfycat.com/LightheartedDapperIberianmole

This is why I always play Lucio on KotH maps. All of them are great for doing this.

B.O.O.M

3 Winstons and 2 Soldier 76's >_> I said fk it and went with Bastion..we actually won lol

ps: oh and btw Hanzo is LEGIT! I still suck with him for the most part bt damn he can do some damage. Headshotting Pharah while she is justice raining is so damn satisfying

If you play Lucio, there's a great spot in Lijiang Tower for environmental kills.I got tons of kills just by staying inside and watching side entrances.

Stay inside, watch the corners (or bait them depending on the circumstances), and send them flying before they are able to react or re-position themselves

https://gfycat.com/LightheartedDapperIberianmole

This is literally WHY I play Lucio. It's all I do on that map, it's so damn effective.

MGrant

I realized today the mistake I'd been making with Roadhog: you need to shotgun them after the hook, of course, but also hit them with a right click before. Some of the higher HP heroes were just frustrating before, but with a shot before and after, they die easily. I feel so dumb.

LordofPwn

Can we ban torb from attack teams on assault maps?
Maybe even bastion but I think he has more offensive utility...

Also can we incentivize support roles more?

I realized today the mistake I'd been making with Roadhog: you need to shotgun them after the hook, of course, but also hit them with a right click before. Some of the higher HP heroes were just frustrating before, but with a shot before and after, they die easily. I feel so dumb.

Toss in a melee after the post-hook shotgun and it's basically a OHKO combo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can we ban torb from attack teams on assault maps?
Maybe even bastion but I think he has more offensive utility...

Also can we incentivize support roles more?

It'd be nice if the team tip thing said "No healer" like it does for specific things like builder and sniper. That way a symmetra wouldn't have the support thing go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom