• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
overwatch-origins-bonus-skins.png

Those are S76, Tracer, and Pharrah's uniforms during their Overwatch days. I am going to play S76 mostly with this skin on since I vastly prefer it over his original design.

I'll be using all except Tracer tbh

also Noire Widowmaker. I actually prefer it to her default design tbh. Love the colours + hair!

edit: wtf I googled "noire widowmaker" and I got a photo of a *****

Those are S76, Tracer, and Pharrah's uniforms during their Overwatch days. I am going to play S76 mostly with this skin on since I vastly prefer it over his original design.

Pharah never actually got a chance to join Overwatch, which makes her kind of a weird choice, relative to the others.

Roussow

I never bothered to pre-order the game, funny that my Beta keeps patching, I take it as soon as I pay for it tomorrow it will essentially just unlock? No download necessary?

Mupod

meh, not going for Origins.

Reaper: Once I get the mariachi skin I'm only using that, but I rarely play reaper.
Pharah: She has TWO of the best legendary skins in the game, and THE best 250g skins. This would never get used.
76: It's okay I guess. I actually like his regular recolor skins the most.
Bastion: Hardly ever play Bastion
Tracer: I do like this one, and I play Tracer occasionally. Not worth 20 bucks to me (more like 25 since I'm Canadian)

Any characters that you guys plan on trying more that you didn't use much of (or at all) during the beta?
I used Windowmaker maybe once or twice towards the end and I enjoyed her way more than I thought I would. Same with Genji and Reaper.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm watching a guide to Tracer. She doesn't seem like the easiest character to play but I feel like giving her a try

She's a nuisance character, don't think you'll get uber kills just zipping through the levels
Main point is to grab the other teams attention

Pick off low health players
Zip in to get attention, pester them like a bee, throw a few stings and recover
Rewind when its necessary

Never force to challenge, always keep yourself moving
Worst thing is to burn all abilities and be stuck somewhere

Ultimate for her could be good for crowded areas or hunkered down spots
Comboing of Zaraya black hole or Mei's freeze flash and sticking/tossing in there is nice get
Sometimes payload is a mess with bodies, dropping it there and rewinding (hopefully never hit, so still full health) and netting kills

Soi-Fong

Wasn't able to play the beta so what character would you guys recommend? Usually love playing support though.

Also, is there a PC list for battle.net anywhere? Would love to play with gaffers as I don't have any friends who game on PC.

Mupod

Wasn't able to play the beta so what character would you guys recommend? Usually love playing support though.

Also, is there a PC list for battle.net anywhere? Would love to play with gaffers as I don't have any friends who game on PC.

Lucio. He's a very strong support, and since his buffs are 'auras' you can be helpful just being in the general area of your allies.

He's also incredibly fast so if you die you're back in the fight quickly.

Lucio is how I got the hang of this game, people will always appreciate him being around.

edit: to be clear you should try everybody out. But he's a good place to start and observe other players.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Mercy is the most classic support witht lucio as a runner up. Both are easy to use but hard to master.

There should be a quote to reveal doc in OP if not get the discord link from it and they can give it to you.

Dinjoralo

The only skins I care for in the origins edition are Tracer's and Bastion's. 76's looks kinda cool I guess, I don't care about Reaper without his mask, nor Pharah having a brown suit. And I don't own any of the other games I'd get bonuses for besides a few hours messing around in Hearthstone.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not if you ordered from Amazon T_T

I'll have to wait until Tuesday evening to play.

Amazon have been letting people down left, right and centre lately. I use them for almost everything but not pre-orders.

Kyonashi

Weren't Amazon meant to be delivering today? They are in the US as far as I know, I thought UK would be the same.

Nah, I checked with customer support. My order hasn't been dispatched yet, still marked as arriving tomorrow. :( I think the Amazon US thing was to do with the fact that because of the global launch time, the game technically comes out on the 23rd for them.

I'm watching a guide to Tracer. She doesn't seem like the easiest character to play but I feel like giving her a try

I've spent probably 200 hours with TF2 scout and they're very similar in their nuances. Flank, get in their face and don't overstay your welcome. Take out priority targets like Mercy first and get a general feel for how their team reacts to you. A tracer not kept in check can cause a huge amount of chaos.

Kane1345

Nah, I checked with customer support. My order hasn't been dispatched yet, still marked as arriving tomorrow. :( I think the Amazon US thing was to do with the fact that because of the global launch time, the game technically comes out on the 23rd for them.

Bugger.

I used to order with Amazon a lot but I've found their prices too high lately. Went with gamecollection myself. Well I hope you get it really early on the 24th then

I can miss an hour or two of sleep when it unlocks at midnight, right?

I'm seriously thinking about skipping sleep tonight completely. The game unlocks at 2 a.m. for me. I'm working til 9 p.m. so it really isn't that long until launch from there.

I need to get back to work at 8 a.m. though.

Caffeine is a beautiful thing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
『Inaba Resident』;204419706 said:
Any characters that you guys plan on trying more that you didn't use much of (or at all) during the beta?
I used Windowmaker maybe once or twice towards the end and I enjoyed her way more than I thought I would. Same with Genji and Reaper.

I might try out Lucio, maybe try to "git gud" with Tracer as needed.

My mainstays are Mei, D.Va and Mercy, depending on situation.

Kyonashi

Bugger.

I used to order with Amazon a lot but I've found their prices too high lately. Went with gamecollection myself. Well I hope you get it really early on the 24th then

I'll be at work so makes no difference. :p Plus I'm out in the evening so won't get to play until about 11pm ;_;

jjasso21

Great OT! Looking forward to playing this one click I get home from work. Tracer and Pharaoh, here I go. Also I'll try out some of the other heroes too.

Ayumi

I already feel like I'm gonna suck ass at this game. It's been like 10 years since I was decent at FPS. Thankfully I'm only in it for the fun, but I guess I should prepare to listen to 12 year olds telling me a story about them knowing my mum.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Probably asked here a hundred times but if I buy the game now it still is considered a pre-order, correct?

If for PS4 yeah, its still has Pre-Ordee button on it, I think the Origin Edition will stay as is after launch, but I think you lose out on that Widowmaker Noire skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom