• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knocked 4 players off the edge with one lucio burst including an Ulting Zenyatta and Reinhardt in Nepal
QbadP.png
QbadP.png
QbadP.png

It's insanely strong, it melts pretty much everything. I never saw a turret being destroyed while it was level 3. I'm not even sure if Genji can kill it with reflect since it has so much health.

I've used my self-destruct many times to take out a level 3 turret in close games. In overtime that thing can easily clinch the game.

Whats the counter to 6 Torbjorn's set up in the courtyard of capture point A on Hanamura? You at least got one on that map but it seems more and more people are picking him to defend and It's one situation I always struggle with.

Ark

Are you one of those terrible players who REFUSES to change the character he is playing when the enemy team is clearly countering it and complains how _____ is overpowered.

Every character in this game has multiple counters. You can destroy mccree with pharah, torbjorn turrets, bastion, tracer, mei, junkrat.

Great conclusion to draw from nothing. I change hero's several times a game, but Mcree routinely fucks me up to the point where I do my best to run away from him when he gets close.

I know how to play the game, but I don't know how to beat Mcree.

We 'pose to be having fun out there.

I know dammit! I was having nothing but fun in the beta, but for some reason I'm having nothing but salt in the actual release.

Animator

some competitive teams ARE using him x2 though

and genji is his counter not phara

My w/l against mccree as pharah is like 30-1. There is nothing mccree can do to pharah aside from being near her when she lands. If you know where mc cree is you can take him our from a safe distance with super ease.

I know how to play the game, but I don't know how to beat Mcree.

Well clearly you don't man. No offense but you need to get gud or your team composition sucks. With a well balanced team you or someone else should be able to take out mc cree from a distance. If he is running unchecked close range to your team you guys are doing something wrong. :)

Whats the counter to 6 Torbjorn's set up in the courtyard of capture point A on Hanamura? You at least got one on that map but it seems more and more people are picking him to defend and It's one situation I always struggle with.

a good mercy pharah duo can take out turrets all day.

Its not luck, if you scattershot the ground in front of her, all the arrows will hit her and destroy her mech

Ive played this matchup a billion times, thats how it works. U need to wait for hanzo to use his scatter elsewhere before you attack

yep agreed with this too! happened to me a couple of times now every time my team wants me to kill the snipers. widowmaker is easy to destroy with d.va but hanzo even with the barrier on, you can only block an arrow or two. A smart hanzo will just wait it out and scattershot at the right time.

_Legacy_

Just had a game against three bastions, two reinhardts and a dwarf. We nearly made it to the last final payload checkpoint, the game was a s tough as hell. Any recommendations against this?

I've just started properly getting into McCree, he's so good in 1v1 situations. I feel he's one of the few characters that would be utilised better with a mouse and keyboard, Pharrah being another, he must be a beast on PC.

cuilan

As someone who I guess you could say "mains" D.VA nothing is scarier to me as D.VA than Winston or Mei. :(

I literally play nothing but D.va and I find both of them easy to deal with. In both cases, it's all about keeping them at medium range and boosting into them if they try to get close. Winston's shield breaks quickly, and Mei's freeze attacks are easy to run away from. When outside of the mech, try to get as many headshots as possible while retreating to where the closest teammate(s) are located.

Sou Da

These loot boxes are killin me. For the past like 12 levels I have gotten nothing but straight trash.

After watching GB open up 50 of them and get like 5 oranges, it makes me wonder if buying them really does increase your odds at getting the better looking skins. Cause right now, all I seem to get are duplicates and sprays.
Link?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My w/l against mccree as pharah is like 30-1. There is nothing mccree can do to pharah aside from being near her when she lands. If you know where mc cree is you can take him our from a safe distance with super ease.
)

You know what he does? He laughs as she gets sniped

it's a team game

mrmyhthef

McCree can just shoot Pharah out of the air with his hitscan pistol though.

a good mercy pharah duo can take out turrets all day.

I don't think that recommending duos to counter any setup is particularly helpful. When people are playing solo they can't depend on someone else to pair up for something like Mercy+Pharah to counter a setup or team.

In my experience the best way to deal with turrets solo is pick Winston leap towards one and drop a bubble to kill it while you're protected. Usually the turrents respective Torbjorn will come up to defend it and they die in the process.

Finally got a purple skin which turned out to be Zenyatta. Despite playing him a fair bit in the beta I haven't had a chance to use him here because invariably I'm gonna end up playing Lucio/Mercy.

For the next week I'm not picking any kind of support, none. Fuck all of ya'll.

wrongway

That feeling when you start off with some shitty in-progress games, then get a good match, get on a serious roll... and your ISP cuts out seconds from victory. :(

I'm done with the game for now. Did everything I need to do which was get 25, get proficient with characters. Will return when new things are added. I would stay longer if they had something like Alterac Valley or MOBA type levels.

Drewfonse

Played as Torbjorn for the first time last night, destroyed folks.

I did feel like an infant when I realized that during your ultimate the turret does an automatic, temporary jump to level 3. I was hammering away at it while in molten core, thinking "how many god damn hammer swings is this going to take?".

Answer?

None, moron.

Sniped to death soon after.

Forkball

I figured out how to play McCree. Use the flashbang and then fan the hammer like a no-skilled hack. Roll if they're a tanky character so you can fan the hammer again. Be sure to point the gun somewhere in their general direction. They don't have to be right on your crosshairs, but at least in your peripheral vision somewhere.

Got play of the game.

Played as Torbjorn for the first time last night, destroyed folks.

I did feel like an infant when I realized that during your ultimate the turret does an automatic, temporary jump to level 3. I was hammering away at it while in molten core, thinking "how many god damn hammer swings is this going to take?".

Answer?

None, moron.

Sniped to death soon after.

Did the exact same thing. I felt like such a newb, heh.

DrArchon

Where can I complain to Blizzard about being given the leaver penalty without leaving games? It's their shitty matchmaking that kept dropping me from matches, so why am I being punished for it?

Animator

McCree can just shoot Pharah out of the air with his hitscan pistol though.

It is not easy to hit a moving pharah. Your rockets have AOE damage that make them jump around and make you even harder to hit. Pharah is one of my most played characters and it is rare that I die to a sniper.

Xeteh

It is not easy to hit a moving pharah. Your rockets have AOE damage that make them jump around and make you even harder to hit. Pharah is one of my most played characters and it is rare that I die to a sniper.

I can hit Pharah out of the air with my alt fire on Mei, I'd imagine hitscan characters can do it easier.

zonezeus

I must've gravely offended RNG gods, because they're absolutely shitting on me from day one. Currently I'm at lvl 30, I have only 1 legendary skin (for Widowmaker, whom I don't use), credits to barely buy another one and nothing else, 4 other basic recolored skins, 3 victory poses and a shitload of useless sprays, speech lines and user icons. I watch screens and clips of people opening loot boxes with several gold or purple items, getting skins and highlights for their favourite heroes and I'm just sitting here opening box after box with 3 white items and a fucking blue player icon.

Ark

Well clearly you don't man. No offense but you need to get gud or your team composition sucks. With a well balanced team you or someone else should be able to take out mc cree from a distance. If he is running unchecked close range to your team you guys are doing something wrong. :)

Are you just trying to be a jerk on purpose? Holy crap.

Klyka

Banned
I'm done with the game for now. Did everything I need to do which was get 25, get proficient with characters. Will return when new things are added. I would stay longer if they had something like Alterac Valley or MOBA type levels.

I don#t even know what to say to this post XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom