• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I don't get. Blizz said they change the current skill rating system 0-100 because it wasn't clear to people why sometimes they gained half a level and sometimes more or less. How does that change in the new system? Sure, you will always move whole ranks but you will still sometimes move up 50 ranks and sometimes 10. I know they had other reasons for this change as well but I remember they specifically mentioned this as reason as well.
The focus is more on the tiers than it is on the actual numbers and that's the main goal for the entire change. They didn't like how people were identifying themselves so heavily on what number they were on and it's something you see in this thread all the time. There are posts with people dropping 5+ rank and then being bummed out about it.

With the new system they want you to identify yourself more with what tier you're in. So say you reach gold tier at rank 2300. Continuously playing comp you'll probably fluctuate between 2000-2500 but what will stand out more is that you're still in gold tier.

R0ckman

What do players "carrying the team" do to stay alive? A lot of the time when enemy players notice I'm carrying the dps weight they will just bum rush me.

Last there was a play of the game where a McCree on the enemy team high nooned my team and I was the only one who hid, as soon as I came back out and quickly killed him and I think one other player, their entire team rushed me into a corner and beat me down. This was towards the end of the payload push so I couldn't afford to sit and do nothing while my team respawned.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the community of this game has killed my interest in ever playing Genji again.

Not the people killing me or saying shit about Genji. The turds that instapick Genji and refuse to swap all game long, pick Genji when there's another Genji on the team or pick Genji with the enemy team full of tanks. Basically every Genji in this game is IS THAT A PRO GENJI?

LiK

What do players "carrying the team" do to stay alive? A lot of the time when enemy players notice I'm carrying the dps weight they will just bum rush me.

Last there was a play of the game where a McCree on the enemy team high nooned my team and I was the only one who hid, as soon as I came back out and quickly killed him and I think one other player, their entire team rushed me into a corner and beat me down. This was towards the end of the payload push so I couldn't afford to sit and do nothing while my team respawned.

When I'm doing really well, I notice that Zens will constantly Discord me and aim right for me or some dick Genji/Tracer/Reaper will also hunt me down every chance they get. I try to stay near some teammates for backup and back off a bit or even try to flank other characters just to fuck with them. It depends on the maps. I swear playing Junkrat in Comp puts a target on my back these days.

zoukka

Game was 2-0. We had driven the opposing team to their spawn, I had 4 gold medals as DVA.

We get a disconnect, they somehow win one teamfight and we end up losing the whole game.

Very close to uninstalling this piece of shit.

nubbe

I think the community of this game has killed my interest in ever playing Genji again.

Not the people killing me or saying shit about Genji. The turds that instapick Genji and refuse to swap all game long, pick Genji when there's another Genji on the team or pick Genji with the enemy team full of tanks. Basically every Genji in this game is IS THAT A PRO GENJI?

Bastion, Genji, Torbjörn and Hanzo are the most pro

Pre-Order Bastion skin no longer exclusive.

Xp21Yo9.jpg

8d7uL2W.jpg

qzgIsyj.jpg

Kuro

Lucioball is so bad. I don't know how many times I RMB'd the ball and the save even shows up on my screen but the ball goes in. Awful netcode.

Looks like the first part of the map is moving the battering ram payload to the castle doors and then breaking it down and trying to capture the objective in the throne room or something, HYPE!!!

Blues1990

Interesting that it appears this castle town looks abandoned (as in, no one has lived here for decades), unlike for the other maps, where they appear up-kept and pristine. Dust particles about, decayed architecture, abandoned combat omnics scattered about throughout the area. It's a nice switch up from the locations of the other maps.

And I'm putting my money on the fact that someone is going to over analyze the video to find any hints of the new upcoming Overwatch character, Sombra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom