• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Is this games community healthy on Xbox? And how is the controller for Overwatch? I want to pick this up today.

I don't exactly know, but Overwatch is the healthiest game on the market right now...so I guess yes? Controller is fine against console players. You can also reconfigure every button for every champion - have fun! :) This game just started.

Solo queued som competitive last night and had one of the worst sessions I can remember. 6 straight loses and the majority were my team getting stomped. Another two times we got defending on the coin flip and both sides were capping points handily. Not fun. Then I remembered this may be the worst time to be playing competitive as the try hands will be out in full trying to reach rank 60 by the 17th. Queued a game of Quick Play and my team went 2-0 on KOTH. Got my first win of the day bonus and called it a night.

Back down to 54 after being at 58 multiple times, and now I think I am done with this season unless there is a group to play with. Still not bad considering I was at 43 at one point.

Is Ana worth learning? I love her kit, and honestly her Ult is a gamechanger when performed correctly. Dont see too many around for some reason, she's so strong when used well

duckroll

Attack Dorado. In the spawn room waiting for the game to start. We have two Genjis. Then one of them leaves. We get an attack Bastion instead. The remaining Genji switches to Hanzo. No one wants to play a healer at all. Looks doomed.

Halfway through the map I wonder why we're winning when no one is even playing properly. Notice the enemy team has 3 Genjis and 2 Pharahs, even though we have a Winston. We win. I lost 10 IQ from that match. QP quality is the dogs right now.

blurr

I finally succumbed and tried out Competitive, it is fucking tense, I switched over to QP after a couple of matches and god damn was it a relief and it also felt pretty easy. There is also significant hollow feeling over the lack of progression/achievement when playing QP which is something I don't entirely mind. At least we do get XP just as much as Competitive.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is Ana worth learning? I love her kit, and honestly her Ult is a gamechanger when performed correctly. Dont see too many around for some reason, she's so strong when used well

Sure. Has the highest learning curve though. You need to make sure you get 60% accuracy at the very least.

Defuser

Attack Dorado. In the spawn room waiting for the game to start. We have two Genjis. Then one of them leaves. We get an attack Bastion instead. The remaining Genji switches to Hanzo. No one wants to play a healer at all. Looks doomed.

Halfway through the map I wonder why we're winning when no one is even playing properly. Notice the enemy team has 3 Genjis and 2 Pharahs, even though we have a Winston. We win. I lost 10 IQ from that match. QP quality is the dogs right now.
Best part is those 3 stupid genjis refuses to switch out despite have 2 winstons which is me and duckroll zapping their ass. We practically carried the whole team to win. God, it's bad enough Comp leave a bad taste in my mouth now I have to deal with wannabe snipers in QP.

zoukka

Sure. Has the highest learning curve though. You need to make sure you get 60% accuracy at the very least.

It's not that hard with Ana. Your allies are closer to you than your allies and the healing hitbox seems to be huge. I can land darts easily while jumping to far away Genji.

Landing them to the enemy is another story. She does a lot of damage, but her shots are difficult to land.

She's way trickier to learn than Lucio and Mercy, but that's not saying much.

So I grinded like 30 levels this past weekend trying to get a Tracer Summer skin. I got Zarya, Lucio, McCree, Mercy skins and a couple of emotes, plus a couple of non summer legendaries.

Got on last night with my roommate and played a few games. We both got a box on our third game, he opens it and gets the Track and Field skin (he didnt play all weekend like I did). I begrudgingly congratulate him and open my box.... Track and Field skin! That CANT be a coincidence can it?? What are the chances of that happening lol

meshwork

Today I learned that the first number in a battle.net ID usually tells you their region. I've seen a few exceptions to this rule, I'm not sure if it depends on how you originally created your battle.net ID or what. However, usually:

Name#1xxxx is Americas
Name#2xxxx is Europe

etc.

Now when you see someone just asking for friends and they throw in their battle.net ID without bothering to specify that they're from Alabama, at least you can tell if it makes any sense to add them.

I swear my matchmaking mmr is higher than my competitive skill ranking. I play some quickplay against troll turret comps and we wreck them, as we should. I join a comp match attacking hollywood against torb, bastion and sym and our team gets wrecked. The worst.

Whats the best tank against a turret heavy team? D.Va?

zoukka

They all are decent sans Hog. Zarya can charge her shield easily against turrets and corner blast them with her alt-fire. DVA and Winston can just rush a Torb and turret and wreck them. Rein can lead a team past them or close enough.

I swear my matchmaking mmr is higher than my competitive skill ranking. I play some quickplay against troll turret comps and we wreck them, as we should. I join a comp match attacking hollywood against torb, bastion and sym and our team gets wrecked. The worst.

Yea, that or have Reinhardt hold his shield while someone else like pharah destroys them. Pharah in general deals a lot of damage in a few shots so she can easily poke them from afar. Genii is also great if you can sneak in and reflect damage back.

I don't exactly know, but Overwatch is the healthiest game on the market right now...so I guess yes? Controller is fine against console players. You can also reconfigure every button for every champion - have fun! :) This game just started.

I really do appreciate it. I played some on a friends PC and liked what little i played of the beta on Xbox. As long as it has good gamepad support and 60fps on consoles i should be fine. Im just looking for a game to fall asleep to every night lol, much like i do with blops3.

They all are decent sans Hog. Zarya can charge her shield easily against turrets and corner blast them with her alt-fire. DVA and Winston can just rush a Torb and turret and wreck them. Rein can lead a team past them or close enough.

Yea, that or have Reinhardt hold his shield while someone else like pharah destroys them. Pharah in general deals a lot of damage in a few shots so she can easily poke them from afar. Genii is also great if you can sneak in and reflect damage back.

I was playing Rein but no one was staying behind my shield :( Our team was all over the map in the worst way. Playing Rein feels like trying to corral chickens sometimes!

Reedirect

Finally got the Sprinter skin for Tracer from what is probably my last lootbox before leaving for vacation. That means last chance on the Olympic items and I got the only thing I cared about.

This game's alright sometimes.

All these loot boxes opened and still no Nihon Genji
mad.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When the cart is literally seconds from the point, the enemy Mei icewalls herself away from the cart and THE DUMB FUCK ZARYA CHASES THE MEI INSTEAD OF HELPING ME CAP ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID

X-Frame

It's so frustrating playing Reinhardt when nobody takes advantage of your shield.

The amount of times I have teammate's step through the shield to fire at enemies is just mind boggling.

However, an aggressive team like that means Zarya would be more effective so I'll switch and be at high energy most of the game.

ramyeon

Okay. Got to 51 and decided to leave it at that, wasn't ranking up as quick as last night and I wasn't about to try and grind it out. Season 1 had many flaws but I still enjoyed it. Can't wait till Season 2 starts.

Josh5890

Just played a comp game where one player left at the halfway point so everyone else left but me. I finished the round saluting the other team and they did the same. Haha

Bollocks

Today in competitive:

I respawn and notice how our McCree pops his ultimate in our base, GG

Surprisingly we went on to win the game which was one of the clutches plays I've ever witnessed, boy was it intense, came down to overtime, I was on the point for so long, I managed to charge my ultimate 3x, as an attacker without dying.

Owzers

Stuff like this wears on me, usually the enemy team has two genjis and no one switches to Winston and we lose. If i switch off support then we'll have no support. Also why i'm leaning towards playing more Comp.

Beartruck

Rrr, my seasonal high is 59, which is high enough to get a 120 cp bonus, but if I can get it to 60 I'll get a 200 cp bonus instead. So close...

wamberz1

*playing zenyatta*
"Zen pls heal"
"lol terrible ult timing"
"someone else heal plz"
Game ends, 93% of the match on fire, 13000 healing done. The things I do for these people...

Beartruck

How much damage is the boost?
Not a ton (50?) But enough to finish off fleeing enemies in my experience. Plus, it has a slight knockback, so whenever anyone on ilios is close to an edge I just boost bump them off the cliff.
Edit: Ahh, seems im not the only one who does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom