• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

rulerk1

Playing comp and some dude switched off of Reinhardt to play Bastion because he thought we needed a Defense hero. Thankfully my teammate persuade him to change back

Also played a match with this really toxic D.va and because of bad team energy we lost. Next battle ran into him again and we won and he was pretty nice.

The people who play this game are something man

Not sure how many of you play on Xbox but if any of you would add and play with my wife it would be greatly appreciated! :)

GT: kaayytteeee

She muted all but friends because whenever she tries communicating she gets harassed or creeps or really mean people, but she's tired of playing alone and we cant afford a second xbox.

She's level 61, been playing for 2 months, and mostly plays DVA and Junkrat. Sometimes Soldier, Reaper, or Mercy. Send her a message and let her know youre from Gaf! :)

I told her youre all nice, so be nice! It's her first online game.

I don't have a solution but I truly wish I could play with my husband without having to buy another PS4, another copy of the game and another TV (though I suppose on that end we could use the VR headset or stream to a computer)

Seriously though, I can't play with the person I'd like to most.

This definitely seems possible. I guess Blizzard REALLY wants this event to be a special occasion, and they probably doubled down with Sony & Microsoft for not leaking anything.
it helped they also announced it themselves last week

seems like they've finally figured out that they should be at the front of breaking news rather than playing catch up :p

Blues1990

it helped they also announced it themselves last week

seems like they've finally figured out that they should be at the front of breaking news rather than playing catch up :p

True, and it helps to put everyone at ease with when they are going to launch/release new events ahead of time.

It's so frustrating playing matches with people rated far higher than they ever were last season. I've played with so many players who reached master this season but only got to 3000-3100 as their season high last reason. The worst I've seen was a junkrat main who was 2400 last season and reached Master this season! Also another guy who was at 2900 last season and reached master this season, he kept running out on his own as a lucio stalling the payload, and this was as soon the match started...For these reasons I really don't like the method blizzard used this season for placements/early gains. It'll obviously level out over time but it makes these early stages nearly unbearable at times.

DevilDog

Let's be real here, the game is becoming stale, at an alarming rate.

Sombra is nothing, Junkenstein was kind of fun but breathed little life into it and the only worthwhile addition to the game was done in august with the new map. A map I love to this day and if I could, I would only play that 24/7, and have the others as a distraction.

Not even want to play competitive right now, having roadhog in every game makes the faults of this game stand out so much. One shot kills, lag issues with fast characters, bleh. The new Oasis map will probably play like every other control map, because every control map is nearly identical.

Blozzard pls, good winter update.

Symphonic

Sombra is nothing, Junkenstein was kind of fun but breathed little life into it and the only worthwhile addition to the game was done in august with the new map.

Not even want to play competitive right now, having roadhog in every game makes the faults of this game stand out so much. One shot kills, lag issues with fast characters, bleh.

Blozzard pls

New massive event starts tomorrow, new season just started, character got a whole rework, new map coming, Arcade adds replayability for between rounds, rumored arena mode coming, huge competitive league starts next year...?

Sombra is disappointing, sure.

Doesn't seem dying to me. Sorry you think so.

New massive event starts tomorrow, new season just started, character got a whole rework, new map coming, Arcade adds replayability for between rounds, rumored arena mode coming, huge competitive league starts next year...?

Sombra is disappointing, sure.

Doesn't seem dying to me. Sorry you think so.

He didn't say dying though. Stale. Different thing, Whether you agree or not is a different matter but that's a strawman.

Prelude.

Sombra is nothing, Junkenstein was kind of fun but breathed little life into it and the only worthwhile addition to the game was done in august with the new map. A map I love to this day and if I could, I would only play that 24/7, and have the others as a distraction.

Not even want to play competitive right now, having roadhog in every game makes the faults of this game stand out so much. One shot kills, lag issues with fast characters, bleh. The new Oasis map will probably play like every other control map, because every control map is nearly identical.

Blozzard pls, good winter update.
Oasis is great and plays a lot differently. Try it.

Blues1990

I think the game is a blast to play, but I do understand Roadhog being a sore thumb for some folks.

As a Zarya main, it's been a weird transition trying to figure out where she stands right now. There are matches where I can do just as good as last season pre-nerf, and then there are times when I feel incredibly fragile and powerless. Like, even at 80+ Charge, I can't melt people as fast as I once did.

xaosslug

He didn't say dying though. Stale. Different thing, Whether you agree or not is a different matter but that's a strawman.

all I ever see from you are complaints about this game. If I was having as much 'fun' as you seem to be having w/ this game I would have stopped playing a yonks ago. >__>

Moonkid

I've avoided 3 v 3 after playing the nth game with a Sombra that goes off doing her own thing. When it's dynamic it's fun otherwise it feels like a chore.

NeoRaider

This game really needs one or two new modes. I can't believe we got nothing since game was released. Just wow! That's the biggest problem imo.
And with new modes i don't mean Lucio ball, Halloween crap and those limited time modes. I am talking about something new, fresh and different, that's what this game needs. Getting tired of pushing payloads and capturing points on boring maps.

Symphonic

Maybe I need to give it more time but when I tried Eichenwalde in the PTR I knew immediately.
I will try again when it hits live, I will miss the entire event due to holidays, rip.

Have fun unlocking skins everyone :'(

Apology accepted, we all make mistakes.

I haven't made a mistake in 17 years

Would be nice. New map would be nice too; would be a huge content drop if both hit with the event.
i would've thought there would be zero chance of symmetra dropping tomorrow due to her current state on the ptr but considering some of the other stuff that's made it out of the ptr, it's realistic.

oasis would also be nice.
I disagree.

1v1 me symmetra only
1v1 me winston only

DevilDog

I haven't made a mistake in 17 years
Well there is a first time for everything

I had better ones but they should never be posted here, not to complete strangers at least

1v1 me winston only
How unfortunate

Will Symmetra upgrade come to consoles tomorrow when the holiday event starts?

tumblr_inline_oe6qwmMscX1qk1yqe_500.gif
no

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No way is symmetra anywhere close to finished. If they do it'll be a bigger mess than Dva+soldier currently I feel.

Also sombra is ok. Very few people knows how to play her but I've met people that can do work with her.

Layell

Biggest Sym problem in PTR is that her shield generator needs to be on a timer, last I played if it's up it will never die unless you get a genji/tracer/sombra on it. Needs to run out after some amount of time, but the enemy team should be hunting that sucker down. Points become very hard to take down with good shield gen placement.

Skii

Symmetra isn't coming out. They still have to balance her on PTR. There's no way they'd make drastic changes on PTR and move them to live without balan.... oh wait.

Ertai

Buy game on PC. Reach level 25, play placement matches get rated at 2000. Next 2 games are losses and i drop down to 1809.....what is going on?

Skii

Buy game on PC. Reach level 25, play placement matches get rated at 2000. Next 2 games are losses and i drop down to 1809.....what is going on?

Yeah that really shouldn't happen. The same thing happened to me last season. My first match was a loss and I lost 90 SR even though I had gold everything. It's probably a glitch in the system.

Magwik

Banned
Just had a victory and climbed to 1870...i have no idea what's happening
The system probably doesn't know a good place to put you yet since there is no past season to work with and your hidden MMR is probably in flux too. I'd expect it to balance out soon though.

Trickster

I'm pretty sure competitive is set up so that the matchmaking always hooks you up with one idiot. The question then becomes which team has the bigger idiot

"I'm pharah main".....

When you lose your last ranked game of the night after having Junkrat and Bastion on attack.. you would think that diamond ranked players would know better.

Top Bottom