• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Dreavus

RE: Widow changes, thanks. I forgot that they nerfed her body shot damage like that.

Spectators shouldn't be able to talk in match chat. It's so annoying to have random fuckos join off a friend and spend the entire time talking shit to people in a game they're not even playing in.

I was looking for a way to just mute match chat, because there is nothing of value in there other than "gg" and "[shit talk]"

Is there a way to do this? I know HotS doesn't let you talk to the other team at all, no choice in the matter. I'd assume we'd have the option but I didn't see it in the menu anywhere.

EDIT:
I mean this is kinda what makes balance in OW a mess. The only foreseeable counters to hacked healthkits and EMP is Sombra herself. Similar to how the best counter to Nanoboosted Reaper is Ana, because she has the longest CC in the game. Or the only counter to speed boost is to run it yourself, so you have just as much of an advantage compared to the enemies.

Also, one of the strongest defences against Reinhardt's Earthshatter is to be running Reinhardt yourself and block it with his shield.

Skii

Just remembered I haven't used my amazon prime twitch sub... Who should it go to? lol.

I'm thinking Seagull but he's never on. Maybe Ster/Shadder2k/Tviq? Any other Overwatch twitch streamers that are worth subbing to?

DevilDog

15049659_1239743082712620_970393500_n.jpg

Jellie

Just remembered I haven't used my amazon prime twitch sub... Who should it go to? lol.

I'm thinking Seagull but he's never on. Maybe Ster/Shadder2k/Tviq? Any other Overwatch twitch streamers that are worth subbing to?

What's this? I got Amazon Prime trial so does this work? Might sub to Ryujehong but timezones :/

Blues1990

Exactly how many levels did that player gain to get into that bracket?

Also, why aren't you Mercy? Traitor!

Lucio, for me, is far and away the most boring character to play in the game, and I'm someone who lives for playing support. Hell, I'd rather play Reaper, and I mean... ugh.

I would argue that hiding 90% of the time and babysitting morons that don't know how to protect you, along with being the team's resident reset button, sounds a lot more boring than being able to wall ride, parkour from a multitude of surfaces that most heroes dare to reach, and knocking the dumb-dumb's to their doom by "Boopin'" them.

MrPanic

I would argue that hiding 90% of the time and babysitting morons that don't know how to protect you, along with being the team's resident reset button, sounds a lot more boring than being able to wall ride, parkour from a multitude of surfaces that most heroes dare to reach, and knocking the dumb-dumb's to their doom by "Boopin'" them.

Although that might sound logical in theory, I'd say the opposite is true in practice. Having to fly around like a madman and enduring a almost endless survival game is 10x more entertaining than basically staying near your team and shooting in the general direction your team is shooting in. The parkour aspect of Lucio really isn't what you wanna be doing with Lucio most of the time and the "boopin" only works on a handful of maps against really dumb opponents. Mercy honestly has a lot more interesting things going for her with her moveset.

ISOM

iddqdow or surefour is something I watch sometimes.

So, no patch tomorrow.

I'm fine with the patch taking just a little bit longer, as I'm currently level 115, and I want to get to 120 before they patch the XP reset for 1-20 when prestiging.

Though I can't fucking wait to see/try Sombra (I'm not interested in playing PTR).

ohkay

Although that might sound logical in theory, I'd say the opposite is true in practice. Having to fly around like a madman and enduring a almost endless survival game is 10x more entertaining than basically staying near your team and shooting in the general direction your team is shooting in. The parkour aspect of Lucio really isn't what you wanna be doing with Lucio most of the time and the "boopin" only works on a handful of maps against really dumb opponents. Mercy honestly has a lot more interesting things going for her with her moveset.
But that isn't all Lucio is either. I feel like all these reductionist arguments why a character isn't fun aren't productive.

darklin0

Banned
All of you hoping for the patch tomorrow... I am already having nightmares of how comp is going to be full of people auto picking Sombra and being terrible.

Blues1990

We played together a while back don't you remember? I main gengu and sometimes reinhardt. Now branching off to ana, mei and zarya.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to make a dumb joke. It's great to see that you are trying out some of the other heroes, as each one has a fun tool kit to utilize.

NeoRaider

^ It is possible that you didn't even noticed it.

Around 1 or 2GB patch downloaded for me yesterday i think. I am in the Europe.

So that might be it.

Are you sure? I don't think they always rotated in the same day.

There have been exceptions with those aforementioned patches bringing things out of order, however Tuesday usually was the update for Weekly Brawls. But for some reason last week's Mystery Heroes brawl and today's changed on Monday.

I did. Nothing here.

Perhaps you already preloaded it, then. It was a background patch, after all.

Having the brawl change on me unknowingly led me to play a round of overly defensive where it took me a few minutes to realise what was going on, boy this one may be the worst of the weekly brawls and I was on attack as insult to injury.

The permanent mystery heroes can't come soon enough.

Did console get Ana the same time she went live on PC? I'd imagine it would take a while after PTR finished to get the updated patch through console certification, so I'm still expecting next week for Sombra on console, but I thought I'd ask.

Did console get Ana the same time she went live on PC? I'd imagine it would take a while after PTR finished to get the updated patch through console certification, so I'm still expecting next week for Sombra on console, but I thought I'd ask.

Consoles have always gotten patches to live within hours of the PC patch.

We also always get a new brawl and have people say "I guess no patch this week" just to be proven wrong the next day.

PTR went offline, a background patch was downloaded over the weekend. They have a free weekend and it's reasonable to assume that they want people to play the best version of the game with as many characters as possible.

We also know we are getting some kind of patch regardless because the Genji skin becomes available tomorrow.

The only thing working against a patch for tomorrow is releasing a character mid season, but I really don't think that's such a big deal. I'd be looking for it tomorrow morning if I were a betting man.

Skii

Decided to play some competitive tonight and went 3-2.

First game had a pro Genji on my team. We'd all die but they would just 1v6 and win. Fucking ridiculous. They were diamond so maybe a smurf.

Second game was a bog standard win.

The games I lost were so annoying. First one forced me to go Reinhardt because they said they stay at spawn if no one changed. Already a toxic atmosphere and I definitely tilted with missed ults. Went Reaper and instantly made a difference but their next push just blew us away with ultis. If I wasn't forced to pick, we'd have done a lot better.

Second game I actually chose to go Reinhardt to stop someone else from choosing him as he constantly charged in for no reason forcing a 5v6. We could cap the second point on Anubis because of him. Anyway, we actually held the second point for 6 minutes only for our Mercy to die first on their last push. So infuriating. The worst part is that Anubis has a perfect hiding spot for Mercy but they still died first. Everyone was forced to use their ultis whilst getting frozen/gravitoned. It was a mess.

Final game was weird. We defended second point Hanumura and on attack, we all but lost the final push until they all went off point and our Widow grappled to the point to cap it in overtime. Hilarious tbh.

I played Reinhardt, Zarya and Ana exclusively for the 5 games. Branching out!

What's this? I got Amazon Prime trial so does this work? Might sub to Ryujehong but timezones :/

I doubt it would work with a trial. Anyone with an Amazon prime membership gets a free twitch sub every month.

Not sure if intentional or not, but Ana being Noctowl, a gen 2 Pokemon, compared to the other characters being gen 1 is a nice touch, since she was added later.

Great attention to detail.

Need Marowak Reaper and Snorkax Winston.

Also Porygon 2 for Sombra.

Edit: also kangaskhan for dva and golem for rein.

Zousi

Korean servers... aimbots, scripts, wallhacks, you name it they have 'em all. I guess it's like a norm in there. Been watching Taimoutv's streams now that his team is in there. Weird shit happening all the time.

matmanx1

Korean servers... aimbots, scripts, wallhacks, you name it they have 'em all. I guess it's like a norm in there. Been watching Taimoutv's streams now that his team is in there. Weird shit happening all the time.

I don't understand the cheating mentality. Of course I'm not trying to be a pro or anything, I'm just playing for fun. I just hope Blizzard stays on top of the cheaters and bans them mercilessly.

Top Bottom