• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I try to never stop in the middle of a win streak, but I also hate waiting for that one loss to take a huge chunk out of all your progress right before you stop playing.

Ending at 3-0 tonight, back to the 3400's which haven't been much of a problem this season, that final hurdle has been a pain in the ass though. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally hit master.

DevilDog

Korean servers... aimbots, scripts, wallhacks, you name it they have 'em all. I guess it's like a norm in there. Been watching Taimoutv's streams now that his team is in there. Weird shit happening all the time.

It's the PC bangs, people can hack unctrollably there.

Nimby

Banned
>Mercy when Sombra goes live

only_supports_will_understand_by_splashbrush-daiqgah.jpg

Idk how much I trust Oversumo, but apparently my accuracy is grandmaster level on McCree. The funny thing about it is that I don't play him that much in comp(I do use him in QP a lot though/practice range sometimes for warming up) because I never thought that I was that great with him, but after a 5 game loss streak yesterday I decide to switch things up and what do you know... I win 5 games in a row on McCree to end the night.

Master/Grandmaster performance on all his stats except criticals(need to improve here) I guess I should play McCree more. Previously, I only played him in comp if there was a Pharah for the most part.

Mercy should die and see her way out.
We had a Zen and Mercy on our team and I asked the Mercy of he wanted to heal. We were being cool about it, but I did ask if he'd let me play healer, ended up with one of my best Ana games ever, so cool. But yea, offense Mercy never fills me with much hope.

Real talk though even as a Pharah main I'd rather have any of the other healers in most scenarios. To me her best use is to help force a draw on maps like Anubis, similar to symmetra. And even then isn't it better to try to win rather than trying to not lose?

I'd rather have a bad Mercy than a bad Ana tho. You can't really do much wrong as a bad Mercy, since your capability to heal isn't impeded by your skill. As Ana though, it is.

I'd rather have a bad Mercy than a bad Ana tho. You can't really do much wrong as a bad Mercy, since your capability to heal isn't impeded by your skill. As Ana though, it is.
I suppose, assuming the bad Ana is REALLY bad. But a Mercy who stands behind Reinhardt holding left click and can't stay alive during a team fight? Basically a 5v6.

darklin0

Banned
I don't know why I stopped playing roadhog after the first month. Don't know how I forgot it is so easy to stop team wiping ults by landing a sweet hook.

He is now starting to be my new go to tank every game.

Looks like they fixed the Quick Play Overbuff stuff - all the losses are back and the stats look normal again. Neat.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention today in Competitive I accidentally nanoboosted a Mercy. It was kind of hilarious because it gave her the defensive boost she needed to get into the fight and rez a few people and then get back out without dying, although that totally wasn't my intention when I hit my ult, ha.

MrPanic

Aw, PTR is down? Could've gone for a few 1v1 rounds. Can't wait till the update actually hits, Arcade is actually the best stress relieve after a couple of competitive rounds. Are we expecting this Tuesday being the update day or will PTR come back or will they just torture us?

xaosslug

do we still not know if the HotS Genji skin for OW will transfer over to console? T__T

idk if my laptop can handle the game, but I'mma try. I play Genji kind of a lot... LOL

darklin0

Banned
Eh, I'll be skipping over that skin.

image.php

I wonder why. :p

Oh right, any groups have an open slot for that? My Battle tag is KarmaCow#1953

I don't think there are any definitive groups. Best bet would be to look out for people grouping up for some games.

how many times to you have to play to get the skin?

15 games with friends. You can play against bots and I have been told those matches can go as quick as 5 minutes.

Got to 3490 and got Hanamura. We only got one point but our D was fucking amazing, it was going so well. Then at the very end they rushed us and somehow won the team fight, I still don't know how it happened. And they ended up winning. I was 20 seconds from master. Dropped to 3467.

Kaplan please.

AbaFadi

Banned
Got to 3490 and got Hanamura. We only got one point but our D was fucking amazing, it was going so well. Then at the very end they rushed us and somehow won the team fight, I still don't know how it happened. And they ended up winning. I was 20 seconds from master. Dropped to 3467.

Kaplan please.

You'll get there eventually. It took me a while at the start of the season to break the 3500 mark. Just keep going at it and you'll get it.

MrPanic

Interesting to see the winrates now for QP. Apparently I have a 50.14% winrate on QP. I was kinda disappointed to see a 46.27% winrate on competitive, but then I noticed Overbuff counting ties as losses and that that Master Overwatch site does show your ties separate:

219-217-36
WIN/LOSS/TIE

Damn that 50% balanced matchmaking. :|

You'll get there eventually. It took me a while at the start of the season to break the 3500 mark. Just keep going at it and you'll get it.
Dominate Gibraltar one game away again and get fuking Anubis. These fuking two CP maps to get master fucking hell.

We had a Bastion, and when he switched off Bastion, someone else went Bastion!!!!

Help!

Top Bottom