• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

I would like to thank Roadhog for the assist.

1F4R9J8.gif

Dominate Gibraltar one game away again and get fuking Anubis. These fuking two CP maps to get master fucking hell.

We had a Bastion, and when he switched off Bastion, someone else went Bastion!!!!
I
Help!
Our offense solo healing Lucio with zero tanks....I lost 30 points...

Well and truly triggered now so I'll stop. Ending at 3960.

AbaFadi

Banned
Dominate Gibraltar one game away again and get fuking Anubis. These fuking two CP maps to get master fucking hell.

We had a Bastion, and when he switched off Bastion, someone else went Bastion!!!!

Help!

Sorry man, I'm at 4028. Can't group up with anyone outside of a 500 skill rating. I would if I could lol.

xaosslug

mmkay, I downloaded HotS and my crappy laptop can handle it! LOL I just finished the training stage. I'm ready to run through 15 games, tomorrow! But, I have no friends... so, GAF peeps wanna party up?

xaosslug#1765

Oni skin is obtainable tomorrow.
9EESYJ9U9JYT1478131543321.gif

GAF party?

i'm innnnn!

MG310

Having the most dogshit comp game of my life...going 0-14 down 2-0 on Lijiang Tower. I pull a random switch from Roadhog/Zarya to Zenyatta and somehow we swing it back and win 3-2 with 3 healers and I ended up like 19-15

I have no idea how it happened.

Banzai

Do you need to win 15 matches in Hots or just play them? Im not sure if it works like in Lol but couldn't I just surrender after whatever the minimum time is? I'm really not interested in actually playing.

"Additionally, those of you who primarily play Overwatch on console can link your Xbox Live® or Playstation Network® account to your Battle.net® account in order to ensure that you'll properly receive your in-game Overwatch rewards on Playstation 4 or XBox 1 after completing the Nexus Challenge. Click here for instructions on how to link your accounts."

ConsoleGAF rejoice!

Been linked since day one. It's just in the menu.

xaosslug

can I use a PS4 controller to play HotS?

"Additionally, those of you who primarily play Overwatch on console can link your Xbox Live® or Playstation Network® account to your Battle.net® account in order to ensure that you'll properly receive your in-game Overwatch rewards on Playstation 4 or XBox 1 after completing the Nexus Challenge. Click here for instructions on how to link your accounts."

ConsoleGAF rejoice!

thank gawd. T__T

Do you need to win 15 matches in Hots or just play them? Im not sure if it works like in Lol but couldn't I just surrender after whatever the minimum time is? I'm really not interested in actually playing.

i think it's win or lose, but you have to play them, bro! LOL

Be Genji main
Dont have Nihon Genji Skin.
Cant get Oni Genji Skin.
Stuck wearing Carbon Fibre.

This is what i get for being a console pleb.

Sora_N

I've been playing a lot of Zenyatta the past few days, it gets really intense and I nearly get hand cramps. I really need to improve my aim but I got used to frantically switching out the Harmony Orb and making sure the Discord Orbs are set up at all times.

What's a good way to get POTG with Zeny?

Acidote

I've been playing a lot of Zenyatta the past few days, it gets really intense and I nearly get hand cramps. I really need to improve my aim but I got used to frantically switching out the Harmony Orb and making sure the Discord Orbs are set up at all times.

What's a good way to get POTG with Zeny?

I got it last night getting 3 elims and saving 2 or 3 people from a "It's high noon" right afterwards with my ult.

Cappa

Banned
Earlier today I had the weirdest match mix. It was a mix of masters, diamonds, a couple of plats and a top 500 player. (#403).

I, of course, was on the losing team. I cant touch competitive anymore without being in a group.

Alright guys, what's the best plan of action to take when you're attacking Hanamura and the opposition has Torbjorn turrets and Bastion planted all over the place at the second point? Shit drives me nuts.

Rize_21

While obviously Mei is the best hero ever designed and most loved by Blizzard, Sombra really should be able to hack Snowball before he starts storming if she's close.
Of course, that obvious nerf should come with a really really slight increase of 0.5m for Mei's ult.
Why? just because.
No but seriously let another hero able to shutdown this one, and don't bring Genji, the guy is more busy trying to deflect Zarya's lasers/ D.Va's defense matrix all day than anything else.

e: to the post above, Mei's icewalls, shutdown molten core turret by placing it in front of it, and same goes with Bastion, if you can put it right in front of him with a rotated wall, he will have to go out from sentry mode, try to isolate them as you can.

Anne

Tonight was the kind of night where I'm breaking 15k damage with Mei in QP matches. I really hope she stays relevant.

Cappa

Banned
Alright guys, what's the best plan of action to take when you're attacking Hanamura and the opposition has Torbjorn turrets and Bastion planted all over the place at the second point? Shit drives me nuts.

The key to Hanamura is to make a push to the second point immediately after taking the first point. Trying to catch stragglers on the way to point B, killing them and then taking care of the rest. If you make a push at worst youll get one or two ticks on the meter.

The only way to win on attack on Hanamura is communication and coordination. If you have everyone running in whenever and using their Ults without warning youll never take Point B. You want some good DPS on attack like Reaper, Tracer, to flank and/or Genji / Soldier to take down Bastion and those Tjor turrets.

Quick pushes are the key. Won a match on H anamura the other day in about 65 seconds. I was Reinhardt and we pushed inside the gate, McCree stunned + burst down a Roadhog on the right, Widowmaker sniped Torb + his turret and between the rest of us we made our way to A....but this was on about 30 odd seconds and Defenders had just respawned and were (foolishly, imo) running back to try and take A. We took it as some of them arrived and between Tracer and Genji we took them out on the way to B and took it no problems.

Taking B is quite hard though, if the Defense know how to set up well. I don't like turret heavy teams though, always feels like troll picks almost or that we could do better.

Also it may have been a long time since I playeed HotS (and even then I wasn't very good) but seeing as it is the 15th here... BossDarkseid#2901

Top Bottom