• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Jellie

Match starts:

"Hey Junkrat, be sure to stay back behind tanks and on highground"

Junkrat proceeds to run in front of Rein shield and sniped immediately.
KotH we have ana zarya reinhardt tracer genji and junkrat
"We need another healer"
"Trust me we don't I will never die"
"You died"
"Seven kill streak"
"We need another healer"
"Gold damage and elims"

Next game he's there.
"Trust me junkrat on attack will work"
"I was in the last game being solo healer"
"It'll work"

Owzers

KotH we have ana zarya reinhardt tracer genji and junkrat
"We need another healer"
"Trust me we don't I will never die"
"You died"
"Seven kill streak"
"We need another healer"
"Gold damage and elims"

Next game he's there.
"Trust me junkrat on attack will work"
"I was in the last game being solo healer"
"It'll work"
I bet it worked.

Anne

I wonder if Blizz would rework a character because the general community can't figure out what to do with it. I don't want them to, I just find it funny how certain things turned out.

I-hate-u

I am seeing ads for the OW free weekend event on the 18th and they're advertising "Play Ana in the free weekend event" or something like that.

I am hopeful for an update today but I am thinking we're not getting it.

Blues1990

Took first point quickly.
"See told you junkrat would work."
Second point
Mercy res
"Somebody get mercy"
"I'm junkrat I don't get mercy"
Lose 2-1
"I'm Junkrat I don't get Mercy."
"Junkrat don't get Mercy."
"Junkrat don't Mercy."

5GJld.gif

Seriously?! His job is to amass mayhem & kill anything that moves! What a stupid dummy.

Jellie

"I'm Junkrat I don't get Mercy."
"Junkrat don't get Mercy."
"Junkrat don't Mercy."

5GJld.gif

Seriously?! His job is to amass mayhem & kill anything that moves! What a stupid dummy.
Other lines from him include
"Winston come back"
Kills genji and mercy
"I killed mercy guys"

Blues1990

Im happy.
Hanzo got too much of a bad rep before.

It was usually the players that played him poorly, rather than the character itself. The same thing is happening with Junkrat, and I honestly don't know where all these Junkrat players are coming from.

On a related note, I wish Hanzo could double jump like Genji. It always felt weird that the two could wall climb, but Genji had the double-jump passive.

Cappa

Banned
The same thing is happening with Junkrat, and I honestly don't know where all these Junkrat players are coming from.

I can only assume its because it doesnt take much to spam the shoot button, charge up his Ult and his Ult is pretty much a guaranteed POTG if you kill 3 or more and lets be real lots of people in this game save their Ults just so they can get POTG which in comp is a disaster.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been watching ryujehong streams, and honestly, even with her ult nerf in not sure if it can knock her fully out of the meta. Her kit is still just so freaking strong.

Is there a way to mute voice lines from other players on PC?

Played a game last night where one junkrat spammed his voice line constantly which was pretty annoying to say the least.

Blues1990

Genji is a cyborg ninja.

Okay. You're point being?

I can only assume its because it doesn't take much to spam the shoot button, charge up his Ult and his Ult is pretty much a guaranteed POTG if you kill 3 or more and lets be real lots of people in this game save their Ult's just so they can get POTG which in comp is a disaster.

*HE CAN BE YOUR WAIFU!* He has a sensitive side...

I personally blame that video for being one of the main sources of Junkrat players popping up so frequently, but I otherwise agree with your sentiment about his grenade launcher being pretty forgiving for indirect fire. Even if you fire in the opposite direction, Junkrat's grenades will ricochet and blow up whomever you're trying to kill.

Does it look like we're getting Sombra today?

There was a 1.8gb or so pre load patch over the weekend but ads for the Overwatch Free Weekend don't mention Sombra so....little from Column A, little from Column B?

Edit: Considering the Oni Genji skin will be available via HotS from today (what time though....) i would imagine Sombra + Arcade mode etc will go to the Live servers. Would kinda suck if they don't :(

If anyone wants to play HotS for the Genji skin I'll be available around 11:30 AM MST. IT'S 7:15 AM over here right now if that helps with the time.

Cappa

Banned
Is there a way to mute voice lines from other players on PC?

Played a game last night where one junkrat spammed his voice line constantly which was pretty annoying to say the least.

Anyone want some BBQ? Heheh.

scoobs

I love this game with friends, but anyone else think its kind of not fun solo? Like I don't enjoy a single bit of my time playing ranked by myself, why do I do it?

matmanx1

I've been playing a lot of Zenyatta the past few days, it gets really intense and I nearly get hand cramps. I really need to improve my aim but I got used to frantically switching out the Harmony Orb and making sure the Discord Orbs are set up at all times.

What's a good way to get POTG with Zeny?

I can't really say about the PotG question as I hardly ever see them with Zenny but I will say that Zenny is my go to for groups that have a Rein and a 2nd healer already picked. I have the highest win percentage with Zen in Comp among all heroes for Season 2 and I generally enjoy playing him very much.

I don't know if you are a PC or Console player but when I play Zen I lower my mouse dpi to 900 and my in game sensitivity to about 30 out of 100. This greatly increases my accuracy and helped me successfully defend myself from a Tracer and a Reaper last night in a comp game on Volskaya. Discorb orb + headshot does a good amount of damage considering the speed at which you can launch Zen's projectiles but aim is always an issue.

Think it looks awful tbh

I disagree but everyone is welcome to their own opinion. It gives me a very Ninja Gaiden / Nioh vibe, which is a good thing.

I love this game with friends, but anyone else think its kind of not fun solo? Like I don't enjoy a single bit of my time playing ranked by myself, why do I do it?

I don't mind QP solo queue, but Comp isn't that fun. I did my qualifying matches, 3 with friends and 7 solo and got about 2850 or so. Offered to team up with my friend for 4 of his and welp, my Comp experience got soured when the ratio for points in Wins vs Losses felt so off. Doesn't help that some of the community in Comp get so toxic so quickly.

I'm thinking about trying to get my Rein game up, since my only tanks are Roadhog and Zarya.

So I tried it out this morning. We played Anubis and only had a Zen as a healer. That's fine. I'm not going to complain about it. What I am going to complain about is our Zen decided to be an offensive Zen. He spent the entire game flanking and would only toss a heal orb when someone asked. At one point he flanked all the way around Point A and started taking it all by himself. There wasn't a single other person there to help him. He used his Ult back there when the enemy Genji and Pharah started looking at him.

I got to watch all of this in my death cam, of course...

Skii

It's fun when your team is competent. If you're a good player, you just have to accept that you'll only really move up the ranks by playing a lot of games just from the law of averages. You'll slowly move up 10SR every 30 minutes.

Jacqli

I agree with competitive. To be honest, I do not enjoy ranked matches in the slightest. Even in QP you find people commanding which characters each of the team should use, in competitive that is the norm.

The update is gonna be great with more modes and a decent QP.

DevilDog

I personally blame that video for being one of the main sources of Junkrat players popping up so frequently, but I otherwise agree with your sentiment about his grenade launcher being pretty forgiving for indirect fire. Even if you fire in the opposite direction, Junkrat's grenades will ricochet and blow up whomever you're trying to kill.

All of his abilities are stupid, his mine does massive aoe damage and is easy to hit and doesn't damage you, his traps force people into bullshit kills where they are hidden and can't be seen, or forces people into looking at the ground constantly which isn't fun for anyone.

On top of that he has martydom, an ability everyone but the owner hates and is literally the cause of cancer in cod games since cod 4.

It's fun when your team is competent. If you're a good player, you just have to accept that you'll only really move up the ranks by playing a lot of games just from the law of averages. You'll slowly move up 10SR every 30 minutes.

There is something incredibly rewarding to me banding a group of randoms together and taking a win.

I almost exclusively solo queue, to the point I'll turn down random invites because I enjoy it so much.

I just love meeting/talking to new people, and listening to how they approach things. Then if things aren't working, I love coaching people into making better decisions, and even manipulating them into being better players. It's incredibly satisfying.

That said, a loss in Overwatch doesn't bother me in the slightest. I feel like I give every game my all, and I'm okay knowing that sometimes you just don't got it.

To be fair; I know I'm not the rule, but the exception.

Pooya

Does the season end today?

That's why the new update is so good. They're finally adding new ways to play the game. 1vs 1 and 3 vs 3 are actually great solo modes. I hope they add new maps for those modes.

Chance

I've been playing a lot of Zenyatta the past few days, it gets really intense and I nearly get hand cramps. I really need to improve my aim but I got used to frantically switching out the Harmony Orb and making sure the Discord Orbs are set up at all times.

What's a good way to get POTG with Zeny?

The most reliable is to Transendence through a wombo combo. If a Zarya drops her ult on your team, be ready. If their Reaper, Genji or Pharah (+/- Soldier's) follows it up with their ult(s), pop Transendence and heal 1.5-3K damage. That'll do it.

Or just get a triple and hope nobody else did something cool.

Does the season end today?

That's why the new update is so good. They're finally adding new ways to play the game. 1vs 1 and 3 vs 3 are actually great solo modes. I hope they add new maps for those modes.

24th November is when I heard the Season will end, with Season 3 starting 6th December or something like that. Which sounds too quick.

24th November is when I heard the Season will end, with Season 3 starting 6th December or something like that. Which sounds too quick.

They wanted less downtime between seasons. People got really ornery last time there was a bit of a wait.

I'm not a big fan of the quick turn around. It feels like rolling a ball up a hill, letting it slide back and forth but keeping at least some foothold, and then someone picks up the ball and sets it down on a different hill.

With more downtime, and a proper game mode that emulates Ranked rules, the next season becomes something to prepare for in anticipation.

Blues1990

All of his abilities are stupid, his mine does massive aoe damage and is easy to hit and doesn't damage you, his traps force people into bullshit kills where they are hidden and can't be seen, or forces people into looking at the ground constantly which isn't fun for anyone.

On top of that he has martydom, an ability everyone but the owner hates and is literally the cause of cancer in cod games since cod 4.

Bravo. I couldn't say it better. He's great to take care of a pesky Tracer or Genji, but I agree with your sentiments.

s3AoP.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, the matyrdom thing isn't even that bothersome to me. The only issue i have with junkrat is that 90% of the junkrats i play with are terrible and everybody and their mother wants to play junkrat.

Kasei

Cautiously optimistic about Sombra hitting tonight. I'm not certain whether Blizzard plan to drop all content in one batch in advance of the free weekend.

If so... now is a compelling time to do it. Also gives us room to acclimatize to the new hero in advance of the season refresh.

Junkrat is so boring to play as though. Slow moving, no aim, hiding around corners, no one-on-one ability.

If you play super aggressively and use his mine mostly as map traversal, one-on-one is awesome. His spike damage is high and people don't expect you to try to faceroll them, so they'll often back up. That's when you try to trap them.

I don't ever play him as defensive area denial.

Zarya is just pure cancer.

In every competitive match(Diamond here) the team with the better Zarya wins. It all comes down to her, you put her down you're fine, you can't...well, it's a shit show of a match. Monopolizes the match in every way.

Overwatch OT cycle: Hanzo sucks -> Mei sucks -> Junkrat sucks -> Widowmaker sucks -> Sombra?! -> lol Symmetra -> Hanzo sucks

Rinse and repeat.

They wanted less downtime between seasons. People got really ornery last time there was a bit of a wait.

I'm not a big fan of the quick turn around. It feels like rolling a ball up a hill, letting it slide back and forth but keeping at least some foothold, and then someone picks up the ball and sets it down on a different hill.

With more downtime, and a proper game mode that emulates Ranked rules, the next season becomes something to prepare for in anticipation.

I think with hero limits in Quick Play the backlash for a wait between comp seasons would be lessened. Hopefully between season 3 and 4 they take a bigger break and work out the kinks in the system.

Top Bottom