• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Mulligan

Banned
Hey, Overwatch GAF

Just started to get fairly competent at the game on PS4 but I'm tired of getting paired with fairly useless randoms. Any groups I can join? I play frequently.

PSN: Yease

Alucrid

Banned
I'm dead, I really don't get some people on Comp.

So we had this team on defense Hanamura, and we got an ana and a sym. This one guy suddenly goes apeshit 10 seconds into the match and yells at us for having those two characters. Then he says if they don't care he won't either and goes from dps to triple tank even though we only had ana as the healer. (Keep in mind this ana was pretty decent, and Sym actually saved us a couple times with her teleporters.)

So second round comes, he picks Widowmaker, and then runs around near the spawn for the entire match while calling out every other teammates flaws and faults before ending with "I feel bad for the people who wanted to try and win, it's too bad our team sucks." And then we lost.

I was almost in tears man. I kept my mic off cause I was laughing too much at what he was saying. I know the other teammates were pissed though. I really don't get people on comp. Why play if you're willing to throw in the match in the first 10 seconds tho.

heh. one game we lost the first map on a koth game and before we could switch (which we were going to) some guy on the team starts whining about us not switching and calling us retards. well, we switch, win three rounds straight, and proceed to mock the guy the entire way.

I really like those Skyline videos about OW team communication.

At the very least join the team channel so you can hear what other people are saying. Otherwise, it's fine to just call out a few things per match as you see fit.

This is a good point. After my rant this morning I did have a good match and I was the only mic'd player.

During match prep I specifically named each user and asked them to acknowledge if they could hear me. They all did, and we ended up taking advantage of callouts and ult combinations.

Tovarisc

Notes;
LrNWE0t.jpg

nZ8F5uP.jpg

jeKPurE.jpg

kPXmFSy.jpg

Hh69mxS.jpg

xWfGSFS.jpg

So she's locked out of Comp and QP? Don't get the QP lock but still great news. I'm very happy Blizzard was able to appeal to everyone today by doing that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
10GB dang!
Sounds like they're replacing the base game files with the new formats that improve loading times.
Probably Sombra is locked out until all the servers are updated. (Just a wild guess)

AngryMoth

10GB huh? Great only gonna take like 3 hours lol.

Anyone have a link to that video which explains all the ins and outs of what sombra can and can't hack/emp?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The real question now is that should I be upset if people pick Torb on defense after his buff?

Torb is pretty sweet post-buff, however his downsides are still there aka focusing down his turret as a team.

Your team will be almost always fully armored up with an additional 75 Armor-HP and he can get his level 2 turret up quicker while in pressure situations. Pretty solid buff if the Torb knows what they're doing.

I-hate-u

Torb is pretty sweet post-buff, however his downsides are still there aka focusing down his turret as a team.

Your team will be almost always fully armored up with an additional 75 Armor-HP and he can get his level 2 turret up quicker while in pressure situations.

Not to mention his turrets are still nerfed on console. What to do? He was my secondary pre-nerf.

NeoRaider

Can someone on PC PLEASE do me a favor and check Graphics Quality settings?

It was resetting to High in PTR and now it started doing the same after this patch on EU region. I set it on Epic, restart the game but it goes back to High every single time i enter the game. Can't do anything. Please just tell me am i the only one?

Zomba13

It was resetting to High in PTR and now it started doing the same after this patch on EU region. I set it on Epic, restart the game but it goes back to High every single time i enter the game. Can't do anything. Please just tell me am i the only one?

Yup. Doing the same to me. Also EU if that matters.

Tovarisc

My settings have stayed on Ultra, pre and post patch. Started game few times post-patch to confirm.

Edit: Epic preset does reset to High, huh

NeoRaider

Yup. Doing the same to me. Also EU if that matters.

I don't know what could be causing this. Deleting settings file in Overwatch folder did nothing.

My settings have stayed on Ultra, pre and post patch. Started game few times post-patch to confirm.

Weird. So it's not happening to everyone...

Edit: I see that you edited your post. So it's a bug in latest patch i guess. They fucked up something.

Mulligan

Banned
What's your SR? I'm a lowly bottom Gold player.

I've only had the game for a week and just hit level 20 so still have 5 more levels until competitive, but i seem to be doing well in quick play. I just want some decent peoples to play alongside to get the most out of the game.

I-hate-u

He was nerfed before I got the game i guess...did the turret do more damage?

Oh yeah and it pissed people off. I guess back when the game was young people didn't know you had to focus the turrets. It was so easy to carry teams with him in my experience.

But that didn't last long and Blizz nerfed his (and Symmetra's) turret damage by 30%. I want that shit reverted. People are better now.

Zomba13

Is the HotS thing active in Europe? I check the little Genji event thingie in the bnet launcher and it only mentions live in NA. I mean, I assume it isn't active and I can't find a hint of it in the actual game but I dunno how Blizzard handles different regions and everyone seems to have got the OW stuff at the same time so I dunno.

Tovarisc

Weird. So it's not happening to everyone...

Edit: I see that you edited your post. So it's a bug in latest patch i guess. They fucked up something.

If you put settings in manually and apply they don't reset between game restarts. No matter what settings are. Basically don't use presets.

Top Bottom