• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

Does anyone else's character become unresponsive when EMPed? It happened to me as Genji. Like I couldn't attack at all. No shurikens. I cant remember if I could move but obviously that isn't supposed to happen.

It was at this point you lost the game. If your end goal in comp is to win then you should have switched. Tilting your team = loss. I'd rather take a chance playing another character than call someones bluff and have them intentionally throw the game.

Sorry, but I'm not going to be threatened into changing characters to accommodate some child who wants their own way for no apparent reason. I know it's not that serious but this kind of sounds like victim blaming, hahaha.

Curious, is this reportable?

I filed it under griefing if that's what you mean? Can't remember all the reporting options.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does anyone else's character become unresponsive when EMPed? It happened to me as Genji. Like I couldn't attack at all. No shurikens. I cant remember if I could move but obviously that isn't supposed to happen.

I mean genji's body is all electronic so that's probably as intended.

Sorry, but I'm not going to be threatened into changing characters to accommodate some child who wants their own way for no apparent reason. I know it's not that serious but this kind of sounds like victim blaming, hahaha.

I filed it under griefing if that's what you mean? Can't remember all the reporting options.

Yeah, you're totally in the right here.

Honestly, this kinda shit is why I eventually just gave up on competitive. The positive things that it brought to my life were not enough to make up for the bullshit. I completely understand why people want to play ranked, but I've got kids. I have enough stress in my life due to children - I don't need more.

Skii

I mean genji's body is all electronic so that's probably as intended.

EMP already completely destroys the Genji ult. Why are Blizzard constantly nerfing Genji? Give the guy a break :(

I thought Genji could still attack during EMP? Swear I saw that when watching Overwatch competitive play last night.

This is obviously a bug. I think I remember someone in my party having the same problem a couple of days ago.

Skii

My favourite part about the shorts is how they completely avoided humans dying in all of them but happily let Mundatta get snipered.

Then Sombra's short comes out and Reaper is snapping people's necks and shotgunning everyone.

Prelude.

Anyone from EU wants to play HotS later? I'm halfway through the 30 matches.

Does anyone know of an issue with the game which causes your PC to reboot/shutdown? I haven't played in a few months and this has happened twice whereas before it was flawless, as are all my other games. Temps are perfect and it's only Overwatch that's having any sort of issues. Using a 970 with the latest drivers.
It happened to a friend a few days ago while we were playing 3v3.

This is obviously a bug. I think I remember someone in my party having the same problem a couple of days ago.
Yep, me. I was using Sombra and couldn't even shoot.

Greddleok

1v1 is so stressful.

I absolutely dominated my opponent though, even though it was a bunch of heroes I never play.

Tracer, Roadhog, Zenyatta, Bastion, Reaper, Hanzo and Junkrat.

I barely touch any of those, except for Tracer, and I'm bad with her.

I wish it was just best of 3, it takes SO long just looking for your opponent.

Cappa

Banned
Anyone from EU wants to play HotS later? I'm halfway through the 30 matches.

I can play tonight after 2000h CET, I just want the Genji skin so 15 matches is all I need.

How quick can you go through each match? I read somewhere on the easiest mode maybe 5-6 minutes tops?

Fancolors

I can play tonight after 2000h CET, I just want the Genji skin so 15 matches is all I need.

How quick can you go through each match? I read somewhere on the easiest mode maybe 5-6 minutes tops?

Put Versus A.I. on the beginner difficulty and rush one lane. You can ping there to make your AI teammates also assist you on the push.

5ish minutes if you're well coordinated, also depends on the map, but expect a match to average around 8-10 minutes.

I wondered about that. Couldn't they re-build mondetta? I am sure his memory is in a server somewhere. It didn't have to be this dramatic.

This assumes a lot about Omnics, tbh. With artificial intelligence as we know it looking more and more limited compared to the sci-fi version, it's unlikely that their brains work just like regular computers. Even if you COULD back up his memory, it's entirely possible that the new body/brain you're sticking them in wouldn't process them the same way, and you'd end up with an entirely different person who just happens to have Mondetta's memories.

Mupod

1v1 is so stressful.

I absolutely dominated my opponent though, even though it was a bunch of heroes I never play.

Tracer, Roadhog, Zenyatta, Bastion, Reaper, Hanzo and Junkrat.

I barely touch any of those, except for Tracer, and I'm bad with her.

I wish it was just best of 3, it takes SO long just looking for your opponent.

I tried it out last night, had no interest but for some reason they put a loot box as the reward for winning one.

I won but who the hell thought this was a good idea? Like, Winston vs Winston seems like it might as well just be a coin flip. Widow vs Widow hide and seek was so boring I almost alt-F4'd.

I pretty much have to wait for the right heroes like Zarya or Zenyatta to come up and I'm screwed if it's d-va, torbjorn, mei or other garbage like that. The only redeeming factor is that the other guy got to watch me double air rocket him with Pharah twice since it showed up as POTG.

3v3 was surprisingly fun though. I got all kills but 2 in all rounds as Soldier (I wasn't sure who to pick, they asked for a healer but it was too late to switch). I guess I read something about a Soldier buff recently so maybe that's why I was wrecking people.

Yease - thanks for the game this morning! Looking forward to playing again.

So I finally tried the HOTS thing. I never play online PC games so figuring out how to party up & join a game was embarrassingly complicated. I managed to find a team and we quickly won against beginner bots, but I was getting yelled at the whole time. No idea what I'm doing.

"Go mid bruh" <- I don't know what that means.

I understand your anger. Had that happen to my team where someone went Bastion and one guy decided to camp in spawn the entire match. Some people want to just turn into babies when things don't go the way they want. Fuck all these type of players.
I saw something similar in a competitive match. There was a group of three that threw a tantrum over our team comp (on Nepal) so one of them went Bastion and spent the last round in turret mode in spawn shooting basketballs. We lost of course then they blamed the rest of us. Against my better judgement I said it didn't help that they threw the game and one said I was the one that "threw " the game because I made an error as Ana. I think I nano'd one of them when they weren't ready or something.

It's frustrating as hell dealing with that level of lack of self awareness but instead of engaging them (which I should not have done) I now just report and block and move on.

Fancolors

So I finally tried the HOTS thing. I never play online PC games so figuring out how to party up & join a game was embarrassingly complicated. I managed to find a team and we quickly won against beginner bots, but I was getting yelled at the whole time. No idea what I'm doing.

The middle lane.

edit:
zj4Duut.jpg

Pooya

You should probably know what "bot" and "top" mean too. look at the picture above, "top" is top, "bot" is bottom :p

just follow everyone else to finish those beginner AI games quickly, that's what they're trying to do.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They really need to add another Omnic hero in this game. I mean, the whole theme of the lore seems to be humans vs Omnics, yet we only have Zenyetta as playable.

Mupod

I got in a bit of Sombra last night too, funny thing is I load in faster than most due to my SSD so I can pick her fast but this causes people on my team to leave since they want to play Sombra. This backfired when my 5-stack quit out and I had to solo a 6-man premade...

The middle lane.

You should probably know what "bot" and "top" mean too. look at the picture above, "top" is top, "bot" is bottom :p

just follow everyone else to finish those beginner AI games quickly, that's what they're trying to do.

Thank you! For some reason I thought you "needed" to be in all three lanes. The interfaces & chat are confusing to an old man like me.

Anyone else notice they sometimes get ejected in weird directions when playing D.Va since the patch?

I don't play much D.Va but I have noticed I'm getting period black screens randomly mid-match, often during the prep time. I'm on PS4, not sure if it's my system or not but another person I party with sometimes has complained of the same thing.

No_Style

Guys, I am fucking fuming right now. Numbani competitive. First round we're on attack and we do well to capture all three points. Next round we're on defense and I pick Symm because she's viable and my best character. A guy on our team named Oliver told me to pick someone else and I told them I was good with her and our team comp looked decent. Then he said if I don't he will troll our team...

...When I said I'm not changing he switched off Mercy to Widowmaker and literally just did fuck all the entire game EVEN THOUGH WE WON THE FIRST ROUND BY GETTING ALL THREE POINTS.

Holy fucking shit this is the most insane thing I think I've ever come across in this game and that's saying something. This was competitive mode and we ended up losing because he did nothing but troll the game and the text chat, openly saying he's trolling because I picked Symmetra.

WHAT THE FUCK. This person didn't even give our comp a chance. I'm actually fucking gobsmacked. Everyone on our team was sticking up for me and we all told the other team to report him too. The most childish thing I think I've seen in Overwatch. Platinum competitive for those curious.

Would appreciate it if you could all give me a "fuck that guy" in response to this.

That person is insane.

LiK

Guys, I am fucking fuming right now. Numbani competitive. First round we're on attack and we do well to capture all three points. Next round we're on defense and I pick Symm because she's viable and my best character. A guy on our team named Oliver told me to pick someone else and I told them I was good with her and our team comp looked decent. Then he said if I don't he will troll our team...

...When I said I'm not changing he switched off Mercy to Widowmaker and literally just did fuck all the entire game EVEN THOUGH WE WON THE FIRST ROUND BY GETTING ALL THREE POINTS.

Holy fucking shit this is the most insane thing I think I've ever come across in this game and that's saying something. This was competitive mode and we ended up losing because he did nothing but troll the game and the text chat, openly saying he's trolling because I picked Symmetra.

WHAT THE FUCK. This person didn't even give our comp a chance. I'm actually fucking gobsmacked. Everyone on our team was sticking up for me and we all told the other team to report him too. The most childish thing I think I've seen in Overwatch. Platinum competitive for those curious.

Would appreciate it if you could all give me a "fuck that guy" in response to this.

What a dick. At least give people a chance. Why give up and lose on purpose. He's just butthurt you didn't wanna switch when he asked. Symm is perfectly viable when played well. I've seen some insaley good Master Symms in Comp. That dude must masterbate to pro meta videos.

Prelude.

Can I join you guys? GMT, can be free from 8pm I think. I just need the 15 matches.
Alright, I've sent you a PM.

Was it during the enemy EMP? Man that's such a terrible bug. Just have to hope they sort it out before competitive S3.
Yeah.

Thank you! For some reason I thought you "needed" to be in all three lanes. The interfaces & chat are confusing to an old man like me.
Ideally, yes, but on beginner you can even ignore the objective and just push together.

Anne

Watching Ryujehong and I don't know Korean, but I know what's happening when I see Rein spin around in circles swinging a hammer while somebody is yelling "SOMBRA" over and over again.

Finally got the Oni Genji skin. Goddamn that was boring. Please Blizzard, never lock an Overwatch skin behind Heroes of the Storm again. Thank you.

Top Bottom