• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Just got a gold medal off one elimination ahahahaha
I know that feel.
l5kXSao.jpg

My healing was low because no one on my team was getting hurt. lol

My last seven matches: Dorado, Nepal, Dorado, Nepal, Dorado, Nepal, Dorado.

Is this Splatoon now?

(Streak was broken with Hanamura for the 8th just now, though.)

darklin0

Banned
Just had a game where they had someone on their team with a Macro to spam ctrl so he super crouched/uncrouched all game. We also lost because we had a level 31 Widow who did nothing but run towards the enemy team and die. Here is the clip. :/

Every time I start making any traction to my SR rank the game throws me these shit games. :/

My last seven matches: Dorado, Nepal, Dorado, Nepal, Dorado, Nepal, Dorado.

Is this Splatoon now?

(Streak was broken with Hanamura for the 8th just now, though.)

Nah, you would be stuck on Dorado for those 7 matches, get Nepal afterwards; then proceeded with another 12 matches on Dorado

And have a static +20 SR for winning; -60 for losing in every rank that's not Grandmaster, because Nintendo doesn't know how to calculate in-game performance scaling for ranked points

MG310

Went 7 or 8 and 1 playing with randoms today.

The 1 was my last match on Ilios and somehow I got another self-killing teammate like I did last week. Not the same guy as last time.

Played as Genji and jumped to his death right outside the spawn point the whole time.

Bleh, a month ago I was the number 101 Ana, now I'm 742 :/ taking a two week stretch where I didn't play her really didn't help. It's weird because I'm in at least the 80 percentile on all stats except deaths and healing. Scoped accuracy too, but I can live with 60% accuracy there. My healing and deaths are down to 55-60 percentile. I guess 5,583 healing and 8.67 deaths is bad. I definitely need to bring down the deaths to maybe around 7 or so and bring the healing above 6000. I'm still sleeping 12 enemies a game though. Those two weeks are killing me.

I guess I know who I'm playing in QP 24/7 from now on until I'm back to that top 100 status.

Although pretty much every stat I have available has improved over the last month....except deaths. Yep that's definitely what I need to work on.

Nimby

Banned
I've opened 11 lootboxes since the start of the event and haven't gotten a Halloween skin yet. The RNG gods have forsaken me.

30+ and have only gotten Bastion and Roadhog :)

Also, looks like I'll be getting Ashes of Ariandel and a well deserved break from OW so fuck off Witch Mercy, you weren't that cool anyway
Mercy is my most played hero, I care immensely

Jellie

Bleh, a month ago I was the number 101 Ana, now I'm 742 :/ taking a two week stretch where I didn't play her really didn't help. It's weird because I'm in at least the 80 percentile on all stats except deaths and healing. Scoped accuracy too, but I can live with 60% accuracy there. My healing and deaths are down to 55-60 percentile. I guess 5,583 healing and 8.67 deaths is bad. I definitely need to bring down the deaths to maybe around 7 or so and bring the healing above 6000. I'm still sleeping 12 enemies a game though. Those two weeks are killing me.

I guess I know who I'm playing in QP 24/7 from now on until I'm back to that top 100 status.

Although pretty much every stat I have available has improved over the last month....except deaths. Yep that's definitely what I need to work on.
The rank you get is dependant on your sr more than your stats being top percentile.

I used to be 11th on Lucio. Now it's 300s 😭

Time played has a major influence.

Edit: too late, didn't refresh duh.

I figured out how to lower my average deaths as Ana.

Sit in the spawn the whole match and no one can kill me.

Flawless plan XD

Your stats in overbuff are crazy, holy shit. Hero rank means nothing when you have those values, even with the characters you played "only" for 1 hour means you achieved those averages in 4-5 games at least, which is already a good sample IMO.

Your stats in overbuff are crazy, holy shit. Hero rank means nothing when you have those values, even with the characters you played "only" for 1 hour means you achieved those averages in 4-5 games at least, which is already a good sample IMO.
Thx man ;)

Also wut? I just checked overbuff again and now my Ana is 584 and my deaths are 8.32 instead of 8.67 but it says I've gotten worse in that regard.

L O L

Overbuff is making my Ana better for me haha.

How's Mercies side-arm? I'm always too scared to use it. I figure whatever time I spend shooting that thing, I could be spending it buffing/healing someone. Is it just a last resort thing?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
From my ranked performance. Is this bad, mediocre or good? It's bad, isn't it? :(
UvqpSlp.jpg

I'd probably say kill more, but I'm not a good mercy. :p

My belief in general though is that unless you have a pharah more often than not you're better off shooting than damage boosting.

Tovarisc

How's Mercies side-arm? I'm always too scared to use it. I figure whatever time I spend shooting that thing, I could be spending it buffing/healing someone. Is it just a last resort thing?
  • When team isn't engaged in fight and enemy is just moving in shoot rounds at them, landing some hits give nice boost to ult counter.
  • When running from spawn just take it out, in case some pesky flanker comes around
  • During more intense fights don't use it, focus on keeping people alive and boosted when possible. In lighter fights [e.g. 1 v 1+ you] consider taking out sidearm and helping that way, it deals very good damage after all with good RPM.
TL:DR; When situation is stable enough you can pop off few rounds with sidearm, gives good boost to ult and deals good damage.

Edit:
I'd probably say kill more, but I'm not a good mercy. :p

My belief in general though is that unless you have a pharah more often than not you're better off shooting than damage boosting

Ironic with my post above this, but I'm still getting comfortable with using sidearm more during fights. I always get feeling that I'm letting my teammates down by not being ready to heal them in split second.

darklin0

Banned
I had gold with 4 elims after 2 rounds of a CP match. fml

I know for a fact all 4 were because I killed the enemy Pharah 4 times on my own with Zen while everyone on my team ran through choke and died over, and over, and over, and over, ad nauseam.

The attack class picks both proceeded blame each other over the fact that they had silver so it was not their fault. Like I said, fml and these garbage teams.

Thx man ;)

Also wut? I just checked overbuff again and now my Ana is 584 and my deaths are 8.32 instead of 8.67 but it says I've gotten worse in that regard.

L O L

Overbuff is making my Ana better for me haha.

When I checked I updated the profile (it was at 31XX SR and it jumped to 3215). Don't know why it doesn't update automatically like masteroverwatch.

aeolist

Banned
and as soon as i break 2800 i lose a game :(

1-1-1 tonight, hanamura was a draw as usual

diamond tomorrow night boys! this week at least! unless i hit a losing streak and go back down to 2300!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah it's pretty rough. I'm 412 with Roadhog now but I was nearing top 100, if you don't stay on top of playing you seem to lose spots fast even if the actual numbers are good. Not sure how it really weighs everything but even if I just play a few matches and don't do all that well I seem to still move up and never down, sorta weird.

Antiwhippy

• When team isn't engaged in fight and enemy is just moving in shoot rounds at them, landing some hits give nice boost to ult counter.
  • When running from spawn just take it out, in case some pesky flanker comes around
  • During more intense fights don't use it, focus on keeping people alive and boosted when possible. In lighter fights [e.g. 1 v 1+ you] consider taking out sidearm and helping that way, it deals very good damage after all with good RPM.
TL:DR; When situation is stable enough you can pop off few rounds with sidearm, gives good boost to ult and deals good damage.

Edit:

Ironic with my post above this, but I'm still getting comfortable with using sidearm more during fights. I always get feeling that I'm letting my teammates down by not being ready to heal them in split second.

That's why I think the best mercies know how to switch between and prioritise the 2 pretty well. Shooting the enemy also just builds up your ult faster than relying on your team to make use of your power boost I believe.

Like I said though, I'm not a good mercy. :p

Yeah it's pretty rough. I'm 412 with Roadhog now but I was nearing top 100, if you don't stay on top of playing you seem to lose spots fast even if the actual numbers are good. Not sure how it really weighs everything but even if I just play a few matches and don't do all that well I seem to still move up and never down, sorta weird.

Time played has a really big influence which is extremely dumb. After a set amount of time (3h, 5h, 10h... whatever they decide that's enough to serve as a sample) it shouldn't matter anymore.

eek5

That's why I think the best mercies know how to switch between and prioritise the 2 pretty well. Shooting the enemy also just builds up your ult faster than relying on your team to make use of your power boost I believe.

Like I said though, I'm not a good mercy. :p

battle mercy is best mercy!

i'm also not a goood mercy

Apharmd

yo

how do i git gud

like i swear to god ive been doing nothing but leaking SR points

i started at 2183 three days ago and i've been sliding down to 1937

pretty sure my winrate is below 10%

Kito

I always switch to pistol and get ready to shoot just before I rez. Full health teammates won't immediately need me, and whoever's ult I just undid will be coming for my blood.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Time played has a really big influence which is extremely dumb. After a set amount of time (3h, 5h, 10h... whatever they decide that's enough to serve as a sample) it shouldn't matter anymore.

Yeah, I agree.

Here's mine for reference, I sometimes can't get a grasp on if I'm actually doing well with my most played characters or if they're basically higher because they're played more. It seems way too important for top 1,000 anyway.

Antiwhippy

yo

how do i git gud

like i swear to god ive been doing nothing but leaking SR points

i started at 2183 three days ago and i've been sliding down to 1937

pretty sure my winrate is below 10%

Who do you play?

General stuff people should take note more beyond the get better at aiming stuff:

- positioning. It's more complicated but it basically boils down to where i can be to deal more damage and take less damage, or if you're a healer, where can you be where you'll get ganked less. Too many people just run in head on.

- movement. Moving in unpredictable movements does wonders for your survivability. Too many people walk in really looking, predictive movements.

darklin0

Banned
Going by today's patter I wonder what the matchmaking will throw at me in this next match. Every time I get 5 wins I get the worst players in existence. Pray for me guys.

MGrant

I heard this weekend Sym is the one they'd be willing to consider a big rework for. I hope they do 'cause Sym's fuckin' boring tbh. 25 shields is lame. Waiting behind corners to get the jump on people is lame. Waiting to get the teleported is up is lame.

Not to mention that her beam and her orbs are a giant "KILL ME FOR FREE" sign for a good team because they announce her position and give a pretty good idea of how much ult she has (if you see her, she is at low percent, if you can't see her, get behind their team right now). Though I have been on enough bad teams who just see them as a pretty light show to watch while she sloooooowly kills the Reinhardt who's protecting them.

The main thing with Symmetra right now for me is just how risky it is to run her on Defense. I like her as a character; she used to be my most-played. But if she dies one time at low percent, that's a wasted team slot and probably a lost point A. That's even more risky than Bastion or Torb.

rulerk1

D.va: my defense matrix is up! Go attack
Mei: blizzard is down. Headshot them all!

The last match I just had my teammates seriously ran away from my blizzrd wtf.

The last two games I was dealing with 2-4 enemies at a time but still ended up with less 5 deaths. How are y'all dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom