• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

So why do people complain so much about Hanzo and Widow, but McCree has never really been questioned as a choice? It's not like he's that easy to play well

it's a lot easier to get a kill as a n00b w/ McCree. Flashbang = free kill. Your aim has to be super-bad to miss that gimmie.

Honzo and Widow otoh... >_>

As someone who's a shit Hanzo and Widow, I can attest that Mccree is one of my favorite hero's. And forget his flashbang and fan the hammer, his primary fire is a god damn beast, I swear, half the time I feel like all I need to do is fire in someones general direction and I'm getting free kills.

PS4 btw.

With the exception of playing with close friends and people on NeoGAF, I generally follow this philosophy when flying solo in Competitive Mode. Of course, I won't be ignorant and will switch if the team doesn't have a specific hero to round things out. But I'm getting tired of people yelling at me if I pick Zenyatta or Lucio, all because they want a Mercy player to give them a free resurrection if they fuck up. (Not going to happen if those chumps are incapable of watching my back, as Mercy doesn't exactly have the greatest level of survivability.)

Just mute everyone and play Bastion. Try to learn a DPS, tank and healer in quick play when you can for season 3 but just stick with Bastion. It's more important to play with what you're good at even if your team composition isn't perfect. You just need to have 1 healer and 1 tank covered.

Good advice. I'm at this point too. Seems like the last couple of days there have been more people in my matches demanding others play certain heroes even when the person says they're not good or comfortable with them. I got an earful (so to speak) the other day when I switched off of healer on defense (we had another) and went to Soldier to keep a pesky Pharah honest. I just hid chat and we ended up winning. I won't say it was the game-changer and for all I know we won in spite of my change, but it seemed to work.

komaruR

Just tried the PS4 version since switching to PC.
Going from PS4 to PC I didn't notice much difference but the reverse shows the differences much more clearly. Everything felt so slow.

but then you'll notice players are less twitchy compare to pc! :p

komaruR

As someone who's a shit Hanzo and Widow, I can attest that Mccree is one of my favorite hero's. And forget his flashbang and fan the hammer, his primary fire is a god damn beast, I swear, half the time I feel like all I need to do is fire in someones general direction and I'm getting free kills.

PS4 btw.

ive been playing hanzo alot recently, doing the jump + shooting. mccree gets me everytime on body shots (aim assist) lol. watching killcam, he just kept firing like a maniac and im an idiot to keep jumping for him to get easy body shots from aim assist lol.

What a complete mess of a match on Gibraltar I just had.
Start off on attack as McCree and the opposing team have set up with a rein on top of the building oppiste the payload, almost like they're guarding a Bastion...sans the Bastion.
So I just stand by the payload and push it all the way to the bottom of the underpass all by myself until I get taken out by a swiftly obtained Junkrat wheel.
And this match just never gets going beyond this with an Ana that's trying to snipe more than heal and teammates that aren't pulling together in any way shape of form.
We end the found with me sitiing on three golds for the most meagre achievments in objective time, kills and damage.

So next round I take Mercy figuring that we could use better healing, everyone scatters, I get a hanzo request of NEED HEALING as he's literally sprinting off towards the enemy spawn by himself a fair distance away from me and WHAT IS THIS MATCH?
I'm not even venting anger here, I found it hilarious how much of a clusterfuck it was.

Then following this I team up with some folks that stomp Anubis on attack within like 2 minutes, this game I tell ya, no consistency in match quality, get stomped, do the stomping, hard fought battles are a rarity by comparison.
edit: Make that two squashes in my favour, this ranking system just don't seem quite right...

OW is prob. the most fun a FPS has been for me in a long time in terms of hero variety/gameplay but the core of the system, which is its players and matchmaking truly make it the most frustrating experience I've had in online gaming.
I want this on the back of the game box.

So why do people complain so much about Hanzo and Widow, but McCree has never really been questioned as a choice? It's not like he's that easy to play well
He has Attack attached to him as opposed to Defence I guess.

komaruR

I want this on the back of the game box.

He has Attack attached to him as opposed to Defence I guess.

the thing about ow, the first lv1-10 you get pair off with same level (1-10) people and they're usually not that great unless smurf. so after having a good time in the lowbie levels, once you reach 11+ you get put into prestige people that are definitely better then the 1-10 matchmakings. BAM reality check 10 levels later! :p new players needs to be warned!

benzopil

Was 2829 at the beginning, reached 3100, fell to 2500 and today reached my new season high -- 3168. Mostly solo, sometimes duo. On PS4.

FeelsGoodMan, Maybe I'll be able to reach Top 500 :D

(still no Mercy of Reaper skins, at least I have 5000 gold)

antitrop

It's always weird when i watch the console versions and everyone is turning around so slowly.
I think it's actually easier to play projectile-based characters on consoles. Even though it's obviously more difficult to aim, enemy movement patterns are far more predictable on console. It's a lot easier to spam A and D to juke projectiles on a keyboard than it is to rapidly swivel the left analog stick from left to right. I think it's more common to see people running in straight lines on console Overwatch, and there's far less bunny hopping.

exYle

Misses aren't as detrimental. With a Hanzo and Widowmaker, every shot missed is a precious second or two in DPS lacking. McCree is expected and permitted to miss more shots than either of them.

benzopil

Everyone using m/kb on ps4 can honestly fuck off. Bunch of babies.

Even top500 players say that they almost never see kb&m users and they are not a big problem.

I saw some guy on Reddit who said that "enemy McCree had highnoon every minute, he must be playing with mouse". I play McCree a lot and if enemy team has Roadhog or Rein, I almost always have ult. Even if you flashbang Rein and use FoH, you have like 40%.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Misses aren't as detrimental. With a Hanzo and Widowmaker, every shot missed is a precious second or two in DPS lacking. McCree is expected and permitted to miss more shots than either of them.

Eh not really. Hanzo can drop a 250hp hero in one shot while mccree takes 3 shots at least.

There's a difference between getting picks and dps. Pick based characters are the ones who needs more leeway in how often they hit.

If Hanzo is expected to hit the 50% accuracy of mccree he would be insanely powerful.

When you're handily up 2-0 in KotH and then a member of your team leaves for no known reason and you limp to the end of a 3-2 loss where you know you'd have that shit won had things not happened that way, euuuurrrrrgh.

At least I got our 3-0 domination in another match afterwards, it's been a good day for Winston.

Was one win away from Master (3480), then got a draw (we started out amazing as well but just stuttered and then had to defend the first point in Numbani to even get a draw). Was about to turn it off anyway to enjoy the football, did so hoping i'd win the first match back. First match back, someone leaves shortly after a minute so the match isn't cancelled, by the time the 2nd round starts there's only one other guy left in my team :/ Then the good ole win then lose combo' lol.

Jellie

Good advice. I'm at this point too. Seems like the last couple of days there have been more people in my matches demanding others play certain heroes even when the person says they're not good or comfortable with them. I got an earful (so to speak) the other day when I switched off of healer on defense (we had another) and went to Soldier to keep a pesky Pharah honest. I just hid chat and we ended up winning. I won't say it was the game-changer and for all I know we won in spite of my change, but it seemed to work.

Just for future reference, just because you have another healer doesn't mean it's a good idea to switch from a healer. Two healers can help each other survive, you stil get heals if one dies and it's also pretty difficult to keep the team healed by yourself. Would recomend you stay healer if you can but understand might not be possible under some conditions.
but then you'll notice players are less twitchy compare to pc! :p
It was so hard to 180 though. The tracer kept getting my Ana.

Antiwhippy

Also you can just switch to ana to heal and deal with pesky pharahs all at the same time!

*My pharah heart is crying*

Bliz pls buff.

Satch

Banned
playing pharah is going to become a lost art soon enough
there will be heiroglyphs telling our story

on a lot of the high ranked players overwatch streams, shes considered a troll pick now
misc-fEEd.png

where did overwatch go wrong
misc-frog.gif

Suddenly got ~200 ping and got kicked from the match after the first round. Now i can't log back in. It keeps saying "Game server connection failed... retrying". This is my internet speed.

Tried the obvious things, restarting router & PC and flushing the dns. Open for suggestions here.

EDIT: Issue seems to resolved itself, but i did lose that comp match. Man this sucks.

darklin0

Banned
Suddenly got ~200 ping and got kicked from the match after the first round. Now i can't log back in. It keeps saying "Game server connection failed... retrying". This is my internet speed.

Tried the obvious things, restarting router & PC and flushing the dns. Open for suggestions here.

I have been having issues with lag and connectivity since the Halloween patch. In weeks of trying stuff, I have found no solutions. I just pray and hope I can get a stable 100 ping these days.

Skii

Just watching this guy coast his way through diamond and it's so infuriating lol.

He's playing with 2 gold players to ensure he gets matched up with low platinum even though he's mid diamond. If you watch him play, there's no way he's a diamond level player and he even constantly tells people to switch off players even when he isn't pulling his weight. In this video, he tells the Widow to switch even though his Junkrat was doing nothing.

Just watching this guy coast his way through diamond and it's so infuriating lol.

He's playing with 2 gold players to ensure he gets matched up with low platinum even though he's mid diamond. If you watch him play, there's no way he's a diamond level player and he even constantly tells people to switch off players even when he isn't pulling his weight. In this video, he tells the Widow to switch even though his Junkrat was doing nothing.

Wow, that's lame as fuck.

Just for future reference, just because you have another healer doesn't mean it's a good idea to switch from a healer. Two healers can help each other survive, you stil get heals if one dies and it's also pretty difficult to keep the team healed by yourself. Would recomend you stay healer if you can but understand might not be possible under some conditions.

I agree completely and that's why I went second healer, but this Pharah was pounding us and we didn't have anybody else with any range (and optimally a hitscan weapon) to get at her. We had two tanks but the DPSs were Junkrat and Mei or Reaper if I remember correctly.

Satch

Banned
man the last game i played, everyone was on their A-game
like every single person, on my team AND the enemy team. it was probably the most competitive game ive ever played

their mercy was good, their tracer was good, their rein was good etc etc
the enemy team's only problem was when their winston switched to Dva when i was already playing Zarya. who knows what would have happened if that guy hadn't picked her, but he was still doing great

why isnt the game always like this. just back-to-back coordinated fights with smart grouping and no trickle. and nobody dishonored this pristine, dignified, and evenly-fought match by picking fucking Ana. just good clean sportsmanship with no flame and no nanoboost. god bless

How bout we jus get Mercy outta the game? I tire of constantly having to kill her.

I'm jus
serious

If I'm on McCree, I'm already worried about our flank and tryin to pick their other healer so we can push. Making sure there's no Pharah in the sky, and helping to burst down tanks.

Lulz, it's borderline exhausting.

Jellie

I agree completely and that's why I went second healer, but this Pharah was pounding us and we didn't have anybody else with any range (and optimally a hitscan weapon) to get at her. We had two tanks but the DPSs were Junkrat and Mei or Reaper if I remember correctly.
Ouch that dps comp would do nothing to a decent Pharah.
Maybe a point-blank flare shot that turns the opposing player's screen white for 2 seconds? Give her a chance to escape when cornered?
Should also let your team know mercy used a flare but doubt it'd have any effect

Antiwhippy

I've probably killed waaaaaay more pharahs as mei than they have killed me.

I've played against some pretty bad pharahs though.

Still, a good mei should be able to three shot a pharah pretty regularly. 2 shot even.

BurningNad

That feeling when a D.Va is busy shooting someone as the time runs out on KotH, 3 inches off the point, and doesn't move onto it for the entire Overtime bar...

xaosslug

this strat is only as good as the peeps ur teamed with, and his team had the better Pharah + double heals at all times.

too bad nobody on the enemy team could run Zen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Confession: Pharah is probably the first character I got really good with and I enjoy her a lot

but she is so, so, so, so boring as a character. Like I feel like calling her a character is giving her too much credit.

maomaoIYP

just heard Ana say 'no justice for you' after killing the enemy Pharah during ult. xD

LOL! That's amazing. I've only heard the "I think justice needs a little nap."
Yesterday while playing as Pharah I killed 3 with my ult and Pharah said "Justice is served." I'm a Pharah main and I swear I've never heard this before.

Ivan 3414

LOL! That's amazing. I've only heard the "I think justice needs a little nap."
Yesterday while playing as Pharah I killed 3 with my ult and Pharah said "Justice is served." I'm a Pharah main and I swear I've never heard this before.

They've added new voice clips semi-regularly.

Antiwhippy

You know, now that I play a lucio that plays hyper aggressive in a way, I kinda dread playing with lucios who are super passive. They never seem to have sound barrier up at the right times, and you really should be outputting a good amount of damage and elims as lucio to build your ult real quick.

You know, now that I play a lucio that plays hyper aggressive in a way, I kinda dread playing with lucios who are super passive. They never seem to have sound barrier up at the right times, and you really should be outputting a good amount of damage and elims as lucio to build your ult real quick.

I might if Lucio's gun didn't have completely shit accuracy.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I'm getting pretty good at it. I think I'm just a projectiles person. Thing always goes to shit when I try to play a hitscan character. :p

Satch

Banned
Confession: Pharah is probably the first character I got really good with and I enjoy her a lot

but she is so, so, so, so boring as a character. Like I feel like calling her a character is giving her too much credit.

idk what you want really
she spent her life trying to follow in her mothers footsteps and became her own ownage hero in the end and shes a huge reinhardt fangirl

she doesnt have any less "character development" than the next one
i think shes great tbh, i like that she ended up becoming more like reinhardt with big rocket powered armor and a big rocket weapon that causes a shit ton of destruction instead of picking up a precise weapon like her moms rifle

ohkay

Yep, this is how I play Lucio and it makes me wonder why so many people find him boring. If you're aggressive and paying attention to what's going on around you, you can pick up a lot of damage and kills while keeping your team alive and speed boosted. I had a game last night where I went 40-11 with like 12k damage, 12k healing

Antiwhippy

I mean his gun is still pretty unsatisfying to shoot in comparison to most of the guns in the game.

I always let out a chortle when I boop someone off an edge though. I must sound like a raving loony on voicechat when I play KotH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom