• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Played a competitive match on Ilios where one of my team members switched to Symmetra during the final round, even though we had 2 supports already

Then he proceed to come on mic a couple minutes in to the round (despite never using it earlier in the game) and says, "since we have 3 supports, one of you feel free to switch 'cause it ain't gonna be me!".

I was pisssssssssed

We ended up winning but I like to think it was in spite of him

Geneijin

The problem is that after their rank goes down, the game will just push them right back to where they were without them needing much effort. In the meantime, they'll be playing with players well below their skill level, making the game just super unfun all around. What they need to do is have harsher bans, including a permanent ban for the season if you leave too many times.

Either that or a jail system. Let them play with all the other leavers while they work off their sentence. Or just leave them there forever. Doesn't really make a difference to me.
Honestly, I wish more games implemented something like GTAV's cheaters pool. Let them wallow in their suffering. The first temporary ban should be a day too, not only 10 minutes.

made a short video of me going semi ham with mccree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBGWz-DLQeE
during the game, the pharah got me when I was a zen, I was like "I had it with the pharah..." switches to mccree then went to town lol.

anyone got any song recommendation? I'm trying to compile a hanzo video. looking for some good music or song to go with it. just wanna make some video from the inspiration of that 400hr mercy montage video lol.

Breathe by Sia, if you have the editing skills to compliment the building rhythms of the song, I think it would match Hanzo really well.

I am also very old and have predictably bad taste in music, so grain of salt.

Moonkeis

When you have 3 DPS players arguing over who should switch the entire match...it's time to just wall ride and wait for your SR drop.

darklin0

Banned
Weekend comp is hilariously bad. Things that happened in my games tonight:

-Nano boosted a Reaper who got 0 kills with his death blossom. He wasn't stopped at any point.
-12 players frozen in place.
-Me with only 3k damage blocked on Rein. I never charged or was swinging my hammer.
-Sat at the payload by myself as Lucio for 3 minutes pushing it to the 3rd point in overtime. The enemy team noticed once the defeat screen showed up for them.

There is a couple more but I am too tilted and I wanna go to sleep.

Blues1990

Weekend comp is hilariously bad. Things that happened in my games tonight:

-Nano boosted a Reaper who got 0 kills with his death blossom. He wasn't stopped at any point.
-12 players frozen in place.
-Me with only 3k damage blocked on Rein. I never charged or was swinging my hammer.
-Sat at the payload by myself as Lucio for 3 minutes pushing it to the 3rd point in overtime. The enemy team noticed once the defeat screen showed up for them.

There is a couple more but I am too tilted and I wanna go to sleep.

I honestly never play competitive mode on the weekend, as a whole lot of stupidity seams from the cracks during that time. Instead, it's either playing Hearthstone or Diablo III, or I stick to Quick Play.

I'm in full agreement with the quitters being 'jailed' and forced to play with their own kind.

I only had it happen twice tonite in like 15 games, but I have had double digit games in a session before where people on my team quit.

Hopefully Blizz can get it sorted for season 3.

I've finally pulled myself back up from the last 'quitter streak' and I'm close to 2300.

Yukinari

The feeling of getting duplicates of halloween legendaries when you just want the other items. I havent even gotten a new highlight intro.

At least with the ability to buy stuff with coins i can get the few things i missed from the summer games.

DevilDog

I love so many characters, genji, tracer, mccree, ana, soldier, reinheardt, but i can't play all of them and be good at the same time.
Feelsbadman.

I love so many characters, genji, tracer, mccree, ana, soldier, reinheardt, but i can't play all of them and be good at the same time.
Feelsbadman.

Yeah. It's hard to commit to practicing an unfamiliar character when I'm thinking, "I could wreck everybody's shit if I just switch to Roadhog right now."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Still true though. Like, people need to not be married to the 2-2-2 meta so hard. It doesn't always fit the players you're paired with.

I feel like 50% of my losses are because people are pouting about team comp instead of focusing on playing good.

Geneijin

Still true though. Like, people need to not be married to the 2-2-2 meta so hard. It doesn't always fit the players you're paired with.

I feel like 50% of my losses are because people are pouting about team comp instead of focusing on playing good.
Yeah, people are too focused on doing 2-2-2 that they won't adjust. I had a game last Thursday where someone refused to switch off Ana when he couldn't provide enough healing for the team. Instead of switching to Lucio or Mercy to compensate since nobody was listening to him, he just sulks in the chat. I know medals don't mean much, but I lead the team in eliminations with 49 gold at the end, so I felt it would have been a bigger detriment if I did. But it happens many times when it's 3-2-1 too with 3 DPS. 3 DPS would actually work (at my league level anyway) if DPS focused down the Mercy at the very least but they don't. It also boggles my mind how much people ignore Zenyatta too. Zenyatta will crush disorganized teams so easily, yet he doesn't get focused nearly enough either.

Antiwhippy

Like, I've gone non 2-2-2 comps fairly often that just went about to do their jobs and won handily in those comps more often than not.

TrueBlue

Still playing with Mei. I'm doing okay, but I feel like I'm not overly consistent in activating my abilities. I either do it too soon or get killed beforehand.

I also feel that I always get killed after I activate my Blizzard, and thus can never take advantage of it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know it's quick play. But I don't think double Genji and Widowmaker are going to help you deal with my Winston, other team.

fhqwhgads

In today's episode of "Holy shit plat players have no idea how to deal with Bastion"
Had a Reaper who was taking the side routes to get the jump on the enemy, great!
Only to have him pick off the lone Hanzo and completely ignore the Bastion JUST A FEW FEET AWAY, merrily walking over to the point only to get shredded by the very Bastion he'd ignored.
Bastion proceeds to go into Tank form, wipe the team and cause us to lose.

carlos

just went to the overbuff page for the first time, pretty cool.
what does the small number on your profile pic mean? cant seem to figure it out

after going 2-9 today and taking a 132 point drop, its a good thing I made it to diamond and don't care that much about it anymore. terrible teams mostly, I see what people say about the weekends on ps4.
95th percentlie on junkrat, 92 with Dva, 87 with zen and 79th with mei....gotta up my mei game, but shes tough to use well if your team offers no support.

GeeTeeCee

I finally decided to go back to ranked after completing my placement matches over a month ago... and I absolutely hate it.

I'm getting gold medal after gold medal, but bleeding rank points at the same time because people just do not understand how to play the game. I was so close to 2500 when I started, but now I know I'm never going to get even remotely close to that total because the fucked matchmaking means I'm not going to get matched with a competent set of players, let alone finish a full match with a team of six people.

And then just to kick me when I'm down even more, my loot box for the day is three whites and one blue, which is a lowly duplicate player icon. I can't remember the last time I had anything better than this type of box.

I love this game, but it really fucking hates me. Rant over.

They should just learn to play together because you could certainly do it. 3 dps isn't really as bad as people think.

I was part of a solo-only team that went 4 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer and we won a comp match on Nepal 3-0.

Sometimes it just depends on how good the players are.

When I first got this game Junkrat was fun as hell to play. It's to the point now where I legit cringe when I see him in every. single. game of competitive that I play.

It's not that I die to him anymore than the next hero, I just tire of seeing him so damn much.

GeeTeeCee

When I first got this game Junkrat was fun as hell to play. It's to the point now where I legit cringe when I see him in every. single. game of competitive that I play.

It's not that I die to him anymore than the next hero, I just tire of seeing him so damn much.

The kachunk sound of his grenade launcher haunts my dreams. It's the true soundtrack to Overwatch.

DevilDog

The amount of times I have died to a headshot, mid blink with tracer is unreal. People completely unaware of me just insta kill me by accident.

I don't understand why this mechanic is in the game like this. It just aggravates the player and rewards the enemy for being lucky.

Feel
Exactly
The
Same

Antiwhippy

The amount of times I have died to a headshot, mid blink with tracer is unreal. People completely unaware of me just insta kill me by accident.

I don't understand why this mechanic is in the game like this. It just aggravates the player and rewards the enemy for being lucky.

Because tracer deserves to die in terrible ways.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, 2-2-2 isn't always the magic strategy. I remember a comp KOTH match where we were getting wiped and losing 0-2. We decided that our Ana just wasn't doing enough healing to justify, so we told him to change into a DPS, having only me as Lucio as the healer.
We won 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom