• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

I... I just played a Plat Ranked match that I can't actually believed was a Plat match. The enemy team level (who were all randoms but 1 duo), were just on an entire fucking level. I wouldn't even say continent, entire planet of a skill gap. They never missed, always knew where we were and it was just crazy. I don't think the enemy Hanzo missed a single shot, even when he suddenly would jut his analog stick in one direction he would always land.

The enemy Mei got her ultimate off 5 times in 3 minutes.

Kalentan

Whats the threshold for when if someone leaves a match, the match is cancelled? We were attacking on Hanamura, capping the first point in the first minute or so, a player left and it cancelled the match.

antitrop

I've opened 90 boxes (50 bought, 40 leveled) and still haven't got Witch Mercy. I did get 3 Pumpkin Reapers, 2 Junkensteins, and 2 Junkenstein's Monsters, though. =/

Someone in my team stopped playing (not leaving mind you, just stopped doing anything so that we lost) because I would not tank as Roadhog.

I tried to explain nicely what Roadhog's purpose is, especially when there is a Reinhardt in the team, but they would have none of it. 'Cool story bro' was the reply. They were lvl 131. And a Mei of course.

love Mei

Someone in my team stopped playing (not leaving mind you, just stopped doing anything so that we lost) because I would not tank as Roadhog.

I tried to explain nicely what Roadhog's purpose is, especially when there is a Reinhardt in the team, but they would have none of it. 'Cool story bro' was the reply. They were lvl 131. And a Mei of course.

love Mei

What did you play instead?

antitrop

love Mei

Fucking hilarious, because Mei has better tanking utility than Hog.

Yukinari

I've opened 90 boxes (50 bought, 40 leveled) and still haven't got Witch Mercy. I did get 3 Pumpkin Reapers, 2 Junkensteins, and 2 Junkenstein's Monsters, though. =/

I bought Witch Mercy at the very start of the event and managed to get tons of dupes of her as well as the other legendary skins. I even bought 50 boxes and got so much currency that i was able to buy every halloween item except the player icons.

Meanwhile i only ever got 2 of the epics, Skullyatta and Coldhardt, from unboxing. Had to buy the rest with currency.

What did you play instead?

I was playing Roadhog and they were having a tantrum because I would not 'tank'. I guess they wanted me to be on the frontline to soak up damage and... build the opposing team's ults I guess ? I dunno. I was busy getting my hook % above 60 and getting gold medals :p

France actually has a female on the team, didn't expect to see a rare sighting in OW.

I was suprised too. Also they seem older than most players.

Vive nous ! They're doing pretty good too.

Squire

Banned
Unless they go super saiyan or something I can't see Singapore taking this. Feels like France is playing on another level, period.

Kito

When Junkrat gets a triple tire kill, he hums a tune (dadadadadada dun-dun-dun). I can't quite remember which show it's from, is it Batman?

And Twitch chat is being really shitty about it.

Did you expect Twitch chat to be anything else? It's one of the main reasons why I hate Twitch "culture". Unadulterated racism, sexism, homo- and transphobia allllll the fucking time. As if posting a face after it makes it any better.

I'm watching the stream chat-free on Blizzcon's site.

caesar

Banned
Did you expect Twitch chat to be anything else? It's one of the main reasons why I hate Twitch "culture". Unadulterated racism, sexism, homo- and transphobia allllll the fucking time. As if posting a face after it makes it any better.

I'm watching the stream chat-free on Blizzcon's site.

That's just gaming culture and it existed long before twitch. Not that it's an excuse.

Well, I don't know how I feel about staying up to see that game. That was too easy for France. 92 elims to 22? Ugh.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, I don't know how I feel about staying up to see that game. That was too easy for France. 92 elims to 22? Ugh.

I think they said Singapore doesn't have a single pro player on their team.

First I've heard of Tchaikovsky and his music... if not Batman then some other cartoon.

This kinda hurts me as a Russian, since he's probably the best known Russian classical composer. <_<

1812 Overture in particular is one of those tunes that are used in a lot of popular culture and media. I'm sure you've heard it in plenty of places, not not only cartoons.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This kinda hurts me as a Russian, since he's probably the best known Russian classical composer. <_<

1812 Overture in particular is one of those tunes that are used in a lot of popular culture and media. I'm sure you've heard it in plenty of places, not not only cartoons.

It's a very well known piece of music in America, actually. We use it for our Independence Day celebrations a lot.

Yeah, 1812 Overture is probably the best-known piece of classic music in the public consciousness if you count the people who just know it as "oh yeah that song with the CANNONS."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom