• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, 1812 Overture is probably the best-known piece of classic music in the public consciousness if you count the people who just know it as "oh yeah that song with the CANNONS."

Eh.......

Beethoven's 5th, though.....

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nanoboost > Sound Barrier > Trancendance > Res > Graviton > Blizzard.

All of the support ults are OP as fuck. Thing is you'll always have 2 of them in pro play so people don't feel it as much.

Plesiades

ActiBlizz has them Mega Bloks connections ;)
megabloks-sparrow-s-10v-dpj09-14562.jpg

Kalentan

Can we just remove Widowmaker and Hanzo from the game? I really feel like people who play them care nothing for the objective. In my match in Capture we have a widowmaker who does NOTHING.

I don't think I saw them ever step on the objective or get a kill.

Squire

Banned
Can we just remove Widowmaker and Hanzo from the game? I really feel like people who play them care nothing for the objective. In my match in Capture we have a widowmaker who does NOTHING.

Watching the pros play Hanzo today cemented how truly boring he is for me. A good Widow is an acrobat, so that's cool to see. Hanzo is oatmeal.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

I think removing characters that aren't very useful is a good idea if they are replaced. For instance once attack, defense, tank, and support all have an equal number of characters, they can work on replacing characters, at least for competitive. Quick Play you can do what you want.

This kinda hurts me as a Russian, since he's probably the best known Russian classical composer. <_<

1812 Overture in particular is one of those tunes that are used in a lot of popular culture and media. I'm sure you've heard it in plenty of places, not not only cartoons.

I'd say he's the most famous outside of Beethoven (duh) and Bach (church hymns set to his music). Mozart is a bigger name, but not a lot of people really know his music to hear it.

Well, given how I'm going to be busy the next couple of days, I doubt I'll be able to have time to grind for more boxes. Bought the Mercy Witch for the 3000.

That feel when the McCree on your team begs someone to go Soldier to help him deal with Pharah

I actually did this the other day in comp.

I'm on Cree and getting tag teamed by a Pharah and Tracer. 9 times outta 10 I'll punish either or, but both were just to much for me to handle.

Lulz, no one switched to help tho and I got called out for losing us the game.

But yeah, just a Pharah...I'ma shut that bitch down.

Probably been asked a thousand tines before so I apologise; but can I buy the Halloween loot with in game currency once the event is over or will it all be locked away?

I'm getting so sick of every loot box I get including 2 sprays, a player icon and a voice line. Every God damn time that exact layout. Can't remember the last time I got a new skin.

KingBroly

Banned
dunno whats your handsize but razor deathadder is pretty good. bestbuy has them and might be on display for you to try it out.

I would say my hands are average length with a wide spread, so I need something that has a decent cusping size to it. My current mouse is a generic Amazon one cuz it was $5.

Had some good games with Bastion tonight in Horde (2 play of the games). Got to lv.14. I wish I could upload these highlights to YT easily, though. I don't really have a good way to do it.

Don't buy loot boxes, ever. Learned that lesson the hard way today. Bought 15 boxes, not a single legendary. Gotta love exploitative business practices. Oh well, definitely just reinforced that in my head. Regardless of skins I will not be purchasing a loot box ever again.

I also got 30ish boxes from playing during the event and only got 2 Halloween skins. Pretty disappointing overall. Basically just wanted the Reaper skin but putting the price at 3k currency makes it unreachable.

Don't buy loot boxes, ever. Learned that lesson the hard way today. Bought 15 boxes, not a single legendary. Gotta love exploitative business practices. Oh well, definitely just reinforced that in my head. Regardless of skins I will not be purchasing a loot box ever again.

I also got 30ish boxes from playing during the event and only got 2 Halloween skins. Pretty disappointing overall. Basically just wanted the Reaper skin but putting the price at 3k currency makes it unreachable.

I agree. I hate micro transactions to the core. It's the price we pay for free DLC, so I guess it's worth it in the end.

I've opened roughly 60 loot boxes (all from leveling) since the event started. I have 3 of the 4 Legendary ones, only missing Mercy.

Ana, Pharah and Zen (4×) for epics. It seems to me that the skins (event or standard) have abysmal drop rates. I'm level 125 and don't even have a single skin for probably half the cast.

I wish once you unlocked something it would at least lessen the chance of you getting it again. Almost every box I open anymore has at least 2 dupes. Kinda annoying, but I'll be playing this game for a long time so it's wutever.

I-hate-u

There is a notorious level 500 something diamond guy on PSN that runs Torb/Symmetra/Bastion almost exclusively no matter the mode and or map. He has gold guns for all three.

Yet he still wins....

x2

Nice games yesterday :)

Me too.

I just don't like his Ult very much. It's wutever tho, he's fun as hell to play.

It's very good to keep the other team away at crucial moments and counter enemy ults like Genji, nanoboost Rein, etc. Also works well with Zarya ult and enemies caught in tight spaces. Don't use it on Mei ult though, because you just send the enemies away from the blizzard.
I did this once... feels bad :'(

There is a notorious level 500 something diamond guy on PSN that runs Torb/Symmetra/Bastion almost exclusively no matter the mode and or map. He has gold guns for all three.

Yet he still wins....

Having a main and being part of an obscure comp is can work. Just that the higher you go it just becomes harder to pull off. Thats why a meta exists. But just cause it exists doesn't mean it should be followed. People can thrive and succeed just by being good in non-meta chars and comps.

Like there are recordings of people calling Seagull throwing a match when he picks Bastion in comp and he then wins with it. Hell he can do it in pro matches. Just cause it's not meta doesn't mean it's an autolose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom