• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

MoonMoon is a streamer thanks to seagull, they have always played together since the Beta days.

Also because he is insanely entertaining and has a great stream personality/has always interacted a lot with his chat. I've been sub'd to him basically since he got his button.

pizzacat

Banned

DevilDog

Also because he is insanely entertaining and has a great stream personality/has always interacted a lot with his chat. I've been sub'd to him basically since he got his button.

I didn't say it to downplay him, just to show they are close for a while now.

I like MOONMOON as well, how come he stopped playing with the fat man and lassiz?

lol ik i think seagull said they met on Lijang or nepal or something.
they used to play together alot more early on

edit:

tia <3

I think I've seen all the Seagull streams since the beginnning of OW, it's insane.

I still remember when they met, good times. Seagull was hyping him up and hosting him all the time, because he wanted more streamers in the Overwatch community, even though he knew it meant reducing his viewer count.

Now both seagull and moonmoon are incredible streamers. Really happy how the community for this game turned out.

There are dozens of us. Queue the epic intro.

Lyng

So this is the first season where I play Overwatch in comp and even play it regularly. Have had it since beta and even reviewed it back then, but not until now have I really gotten hooked.

So finished my placements matches last night and got placed in Silver. I am quiet happy with that, gives me plenty of room to climb, and I do need to improve my aim alot.

One thing that annoys me though, when I get into a game I start to read and listen and watch every guide around, and this is so frustrating when even simple things like your team not picking any mobile heroes when on attack on Hanamura or things like that.

But man do I love the game, and I honestly dont get angry when someone completely schools me, I just try to learn from what they do good. I have met some really great Pharah players the last few days.

aeolist

Banned

I like MOONMOON as well, how come he stopped playing with the fat man and lassiz?

because 2-stacking gets you the best queue results (at high levels especially). he'll stack with either of them if they're on alone but most of the time all 3 are streaming.

also at a few points during the season tim's been more than 500 points away from moon's SR

Gorillaz

Just started really watching the twitch streams of overwatch like 3 days ago right before the 6 stack thing, mainly moon moon and I can see why he is so successful. Dudes personality st least on stream is too hard to honestly hate and it seems like his fan base really looks up to him as a big brother. Alot of respect for dude.

That 6 stack stream was good tho. I like how nonchalant the group up was in terms of putting it together.

finalflame

You know, I actually have no idea why he stopped playing with Tim and Lassiz. I wasn't watching much Twitch around the time that all happened..I think, at least initially, there might've been too big of an SR disparity between him and Tim so they couldn't group?

I'd love to hear it if anyone knows anything beyond that, though. He also had a period of queueing with Kaboomz..and I think he said he stopped queueing with him because he whined too much (I remember him saying this during some stream on Hollywood defense).

Nowadays he seems to group a lot with stan901.

Just started really watching the twitch streams of overwatch like 3 days ago right before the 6 stack thing, mainly moon moon and I can see why he is so successful. Dudes personality st least on stream is too hard to honestly hate and it seems like his fan base really looks up to him as their Dad Alot of respect for dude.

That 6 stack stream was good tho. I like how nonchalant the group up was in terms of putting it together.
ftfy

also i generally watch
A_Seagull
AimbotCalvin
&
GrimRealityOW
so i can recommend them

i occasionally click on moonmoons stream if no one else is on

DevilDog

I miss Shayed and the early genji days, when we were all watching seagull learning genji and seeing the first pharah ult deflect ever.

PogChamps for days.
because 2-stacking gets you the best queue results (at high levels especially). he'll stack with either of them if they're on alone but most of the time all 3 are streaming.

also at a few points during the season tim's been more than 500 points away from moon's SR
He 3 stacks with seagull too though.

Fuck roadhog.

All I know is why seagull stopped playing with them, but now things have gone full circle and I'm kind of confused.

Just started really watching the twitch streams of overwatch like 3 days ago right before the 6 stack thing, mainly moon moon and I can see why he is so successful. Dudes personality st least on stream is too hard to honestly hate and it seems like his fan base really looks up to him as a big brother. Alot of respect for dude.

You should check out Calvin too, dude is great and fun.

aeolist

Banned

he's ridiculously likable. i particularly like how he makes a point of paying everyone who works with him (artists, his video editor, etc) when a lot of people in his position try to get stuff for free, and how good he is about no tolerance for racism etc in chat and donation messages. it's a refreshingly positive stream.

You know, I actually have no idea why he stopped playing with Tim and Lassiz. I wasn't watching much Twitch around the time that all happened..I think, at least initially, there might've been too big of an SR disparity between him and Tim so they couldn't group?

I'd love to hear it if anyone knows anything beyond that, though. He also had a period of queueing with Kaboomz..and I think he said he stopped queueing with him because he whined too much (I remember him saying this during some stream on Hollywood defense).

grouping with more than 1 other person in top 500 tends to unbalance team SR quite a bit. the team with the high level 3 stack will get 3 filler masters or even diamonds while the other team will get 6 GMs, especially during times when there's not as many people queuing.

finalflame

ftfy

also i generally watch
A_Seagull
AimbotCalvin
&
GrimRealityOW
so i can recommend them

i occasionally click on moonmoons stream if no one else is on

Opposite for me. If moon is on, nobody else matters.

If not, then, in this order:

aimbotcalvin
a_seagull
pokelawls
lassiz
harbleu
surefour
iddqdow
grimrealityow
b1rd_tv

Absolutely never:
KOREA10
TimTheTatMan

All I know is why seagull stopped playing with them, but now things have gone full circle and I'm kind of confused.

What reason was that?

grouping with more than 1 other person in top 500 tends to unbalance team SR quite a bit. the team with the high level 3 stack will get 3 filler masters or even diamonds while the other team will get 6 GMs, especially during times when there's not as many people queuing.

Makes sense. I just never saw moon explain this on stream when asked.

he's ridiculously likable. i particularly like how he makes a point of paying everyone who works with him (artists, his video editor, etc) when a lot of people in his position try to get stuff for free, and how good he is about no tolerance for racism etc in chat and donation messages. it's a refreshingly positive stream.

Hm, not sure how much of GAF would find moon totally agreeable. I think he's wonderful and love his stream above all else, he basically got me into watching Twitch, but he's far from as politically correct as GAF likes to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Moon said 3 queue is fucked and he wanted Lassiz to play with Tim because he wanted Lass to help carry tim so Tim wouldn't get burnt out and stop playing the game.

aeolist

Banned
Makes sense. I just never saw moon explain this on stream when asked.
he explained it about 100 times then got tired of repeating himself and just started inventing ridiculous excuses when people asked.

Hm, not sure how much of GAF would find moon totally agreeable. I think he's wonderful and love his stream above all else, he basically got me into watching Twitch, but he's far from as politically correct as GAF likes to be.
i mean he clearly doesn't give a fuck about specific political causes but is very expressly against any kind of hate speech, trump supporters, and the like. and i've always gotten the sense that it's the result of his personal feelings more than just not wanting to get his channel banned or anything.

finalflame

he explained it about 100 times then got tired of repeating himself and just started inventing ridiculous excuses when people asked.

Yah, I figured this is why he stopped explaining. By the time I started watching him again he was just telling people Tim ate his god, so I never got the full story from the horse's mouth.

i mean he clearly doesn't give a fuck about specific political causes but is very expressly against any kind of hate speech, trump supporters, and the like. and i've always gotten the sense that it's the result of his personal feelings more than just not wanting to get his channel banned or anything.

Correct, and I like that he keeps political BS off his stream, and he does very expressly have a zero tolerance policy for hate speech and the like, but he does things like call stuff "retarded" and pretty openly talk about how some of Twitch's girl streamers clearly sexualize their stream for gain, for example. Oh, and his open hate for anime and weebs.

aeolist

Banned
Correct, and I like that he keeps political BS off his stream, and he does very expressly have a zero tolerance policy for hate speech and the like, but he does things like call stuff "retarded" and pretty openly talk about how some of Twitch's girl streamers clearly sexualize their stream for gain, for example. Oh, and his open hate for anime and weebs.

he's trying to stop saying "retarded" which is why you'll hear him say someone is being "wumbledoof" sometimes. i get that it's a habit and those can be hard to break but i think he's trying.

also lots of girls do sell sex on twitch (i don't personally see anything wrong with it and i think he's mostly just making fun of their extremely thirsty guy fans) and anime does suck.

finalflame

he's trying to stop saying "retarded" which is why you'll hear him say someone is being "wumbledoof" sometimes. i get that it's a habit and those can be hard to break but i think he's trying.

also lots of girls do sell sex on twitch (i don't personally see anything wrong with it and i think he's mostly just making fun of their extremely thirsty guy fans) and anime does suck.

I'm with you on pretty much all of the above. But I think GAF as a unit tends to lean a bit more radically left/intolerant on some of those things, is all. I love moon for pretty much all his qualities/shortcomings.

Edit: Also, what's up with ManOfSnow? Is he just constantly viewbotting? I find him insufferable.

Edit2: except I like anime.

aeolist

Banned
the best part about moon hating anime is that there's something in it for everyone. haters get to wallow in his open disdain and weebs get to troll him with weeb shit.

finalflame

the best part about moon hating anime is that there's something in it for everyone. haters get to wallow in his open disdain and weebs get to troll him with weeb shit.

Yah, I liked the stream when he had mediashare on and people could troll with Renai Circulation basically every evening stream.

aeolist

Banned
Yah, I liked the stream when he had mediashare on and people could troll with Renai Circulation basically every evening stream.

he has mediashare back on for the monday streams now, but he's skipping anything anime/kpop/gachi (the last one because he was warned by twitch staff that most gachi is too sexually explicit which sucks).

antitrop

he has mediashare back on for the monday streams now, but he's skipping anything anime/kpop/gachi (the last one because he was warned by twitch staff that most gachi is too sexually explicit which sucks).

I was cracking up at all the Gachi remixes of popular Christmas music people were bringing out for him a few months ago.

finalflame

Hah yah, I've been watching when he says he'll skip any weeb stuff. No more of the good 'ol days. It's alright though as I like smooth jazz the same as he does.

rulerk1

New season high of 2770. Weekend overwatch is honestly when I climb the most but when I lose the most so I guess it works out..

Anne

ive noticed some people just fan genjis

so i headshot tracer, tanks

fan the genjis and?

It depends. If you're in a situation where you're isolated, honestly just fan whatever the hell you flashed not named Tracer. The main time you wanna flash > headshot is if you're in a team fight and the damage will come down, or if you're at a weird spot where fan won't all connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom