• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I've never understood the point of a Bastion buff. At lower MMRs he's going to be a terror that is frustrating to deal with, but at high MMRs he will still be relatively useless due to lack of mobility.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've never understood the point of a Bastion buff. At lower MMRs he's going to be a terror that is frustrating to deal with, but at high MMRs he will still be relatively useless due to lack of mobility.

Bastions' nto even that much of an issue at low MMR anymore

hell, Pharah's way more of an issue at low MMR and she's still far more viable at higher skill players. He's also not pumping near as much burst damage from long range now.

Azoor

I wish Roadhogs and Soldiers stop using their healing abilities when a Mercy or Ana are healing them, it'll help charge their ultimates quicker.

LiK

It's what solved my dislike of qp. Well, some of it.

I think bastion will make me hate things.

Just need to learn to focus fire on him. People were afraid of Zarya for a while. I'm pretty sure once Bastion buffs go live and people bitch about it enough, they'll scale back on some of the changes. Ironclad needs to be nerfed judging from the videos I've seen.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There was a Reddit thread saying how Bastion isn't quite as bad as some people are saying because his turret mode damage was significantly nerfed and his hitbox is huge to make up for it. Ironclad does sound too good, though.

We'll have to see. I'd like a more viable Bastion because I like the character, but I don't want him to break the game. I certainly don't want to see a game where it becomes Bastion and Friends vs Bastion and Friends.

Ambient80

I wish Roadhogs and Soldiers stop using their healing abilities when a Mercy or Ana are healing them, it'll help charge their ultimates quicker.

My favorite is when I heal them to full after a fight and they then use their healing ability. It's like "Do you have any awareness as to what's happening at all?" Lol

LiK

To be fair, sometimes I set up healing stations as Soldier for my team or Mercy to keep them alive. As for Roadhogs, sometimes they wanna top off quicker so it's no biggie.

He is way more mobile than he use to be though, and impossible to kill in turret form without extremely high levels of focus fire. Heck, pro teams are banning him from scrimms because of how powerful he is.

He is certainly better than Soldier right now, and they need to either remove or tone back his ironclad ability to make him fair.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I sometimes put the healing field down for our frontline people when we initiate a fight to help keep the tanks up, but I don't think I put it down AFTER a fight unless I notice we aren't getting healed for some reason.

Owzers

If ironclad is so bad why doesn't blizzard fix it before they put it out to the main game? Do they think people are just complaining?

LiK

Can we expect all the PTR changes to come out tomorrow?

If ironclad is so bad why doesn't blizzard fix it before they put it out to the main game? Do they think people are just complaining?

The amount of people who actually play PTR is so miniscule that I think they'd rather put it out live and see how it fares in the wild. Similar to Zen's Discord Orb buff.

Nimby

Banned
Hope this guy is the new hero:
OOJaAlk.jpg
0WnJMWd.jpg

K7elQrw.jpg

Some big coincidences here too via this Reddit post:
This advertisement is the smoking gun. Numbani, New York, and Paris. With the previous poster advertising Fashion Week, it is apparent this Aetria company is involved in Fashion Weeks, namely the three cities above.
New York Fashion Week was February 9 - 15, 2017.
Paris Fashion Week begins Tuesday, February 28 and goes until March 8th, 2017.
I remember reading a few days ago that some of the flights were changed from delayed to on time. Well, it's New York and Paris that are on time now. Would this be too much of a stretch? I think it's important to add, nonetheless...

Jellie

Can we expect all the PTR changes to come out tomorrow?

The amount of people who actually play PTR is so miniscule that I think they'd rather put it out live and see how it fares in the wild. Similar to Zen's Discord Orb buff.

Well there was a data mine and it had the 2017-02-27 in it so maybe today? :O

Plesiades

Efi Oladele said:
But why omnic models?

I really hope he's not the new character. Looks super generic, IMO and gives me DeviantArt vibes. Besides, I don't see how Efi fits into all of this.

I want a spider mech.

Blu(e)

I really hope he's not the new character. Looks super generic, IMO and gives me DeviantArt vibes. Besides, I don't see how Efi fits into all of this.

I want a spider mech.

It could be just an alternate skin like for Ana Shrike or just old concept art like Sombra. I'm not sure what to think really. The PTR Numbani change makes it seem like a lock for Doomfist but Kaplan said otherwise. Either way I'm excited for a new character.

The fashion mech makes no sense as the next hero because Efi doesn't play into it at all. The only connection is that it is a mech in Numbani.

Blizz said something like 2% of the OW population actually play on the PTR. So even if the forums have like 20 threads complaining it still represents such a miniscule amount of the general playerbase you can't really make many changes. I kinda wish PTR could somehow get incorporated into the live servers so on the menu it has a tab for LIVE/PTR so more people could try without having to change stuff on battle.net

Azoor

I wonder if we could ever see a Tank that could heal, I know Roadhog heals hinself, but I mean a Tank that could heal other players. I mean we got Soldier that could health other people and he is a DPS.

LiK

I wonder if we could ever see a Tank that could heal, I know Roadhog heals hinself, but I mean a Tank that could heal other players. I mean we got Soldier that could health other people and he is a DPS.

That would work for the Anchora rumor cuz Efi does want her creations to help people.

Am I the only once here who keeps checking the Overwatch Twitter every hour on the hour for the new hero? They gotta announce this either today or tomorrow.

Nimby

Banned
It almost feels like Sombra ARG all over again...
They should just stop it.

Every initial hero tease before Sombra was resolved about a week later. So the hero/es is/are going to be revealed no later than tomorrow most likely.

Also, a mech Omnic is cooler than spider omnic, but I like how we've been kept guessing and wondering about the new hero. We have absolutely no idea apart from a 4chan leak that could easily be faked. This week in Overwatch has been pretty exciting IMO.

The fact that they're closing the PTR doesn't bode well for an imminent hero release, I think.

Unless they're closing it, applying the current patch to live, and then immediately reopening it with a new hero. But that seems weird.

antitrop

The Sombra ARG went on for longer than it's been between Sombra's release and now.

It went on for so long people thought Ana's Shrike skin was Sombra. We have a long way to go before it would get to that level again.

rulerk1

Had a match as Sombra had gold elims with 34 kills objective time kills , 43 weapon accuracy and gold damage (up until the end but got silver) yet we still lost because no one else couldn kill anything :(

My potg was also stolen by some lame ass dva bomb. Two kills only ugh :(

Nimby

Banned
The fact that they're closing the PTR doesn't bode well for an imminent hero release, I think.

Unless they're closing it, applying the current patch to live, and then immediately reopening it with a new hero. But that seems weird.

This situation seems familiar, so it makes me think it happened with Ana? I don't really think it's weird, it seems more likely they would hold back the changes to Bastion and release them with the new heroes, but those changes have been on there for a little while.

Skii

Is Genji even a counter anymore? He was barely a counter vs good Bastions before this patch. Now even bad Bastions will take less damage from the reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom