• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Is Genji even a counter anymore? He was barely a counter vs good Bastions before this patch. Now even bad Bastions will take less damage from the reflect.
Probably only against bad ones. Good ones will bait deflect.

Wonder how reinhardt and lucio do in a bastion meta. Reinhardt shield gets destroyed quickly so might not be as useful but needed to protect your own bastion. How useful is lucio in a bastion v bastion game?

Probably see more usage of roadhog and dva since they both got buffed and can counter bastion. Plus without a rein shield to block him, hog can go crazy.

Sombra will be good too to deal with the static defences.

Veelk

Banned
What's D.Va's buff? All I heard is that her DM will take out bullets right out of the gun instead of letting them travel a little bit?

LiK

What's D.Va's buff? All I heard is that her DM will take out bullets right out of the gun instead of letting them travel a little bit?

Yep, heroes can't hit her point blank to her face during DM anymore. It basically works as intended now.

Veelk

Banned
Yep, heroes can't hit her point blank to her face during DM anymore. It basically works as intended now.

It doesn't seem like it's that huge a buff to be honest. Like, it will help some thing, but there weren't many times when heroes were so close that my DM was ineffective.

Will be fun to save my buddies from Roadhogs now tho.

Skii

I think countering him will require teamwork now.

But can team work overcome a nanoboosted tank that you cant kill lol.

Probably only against bad ones. Good ones will bait deflect.

Wonder how reinhardt and lucio do in a bastion meta. Reinhardt shield gets destroyed quickly so might not be as useful but needed to protect your own bastion. How useful is lucio in a bastion v bastion game?

Probably see more usage of roadhog and dva since they both got buffed and can counter bastion. Plus without a rein shield to block him, hog can go crazy.

Sombra will be good too to deal with the static defences.

Reinhardt will still be strong. If the meta revolves around Bastion, then Dva will be top tier.

NeoRaider

Bastion can be big problem even now without buffs. For some reason i am seeing so many Bastions last few days. It will be scary if they release PTR Bastion to live. I am terrified. Also his Ulti when nanoboosted... RIP.

LiK

It doesn't seem like it's that huge a buff to be honest. Like, it will help some thing, but there weren't many times when heroes were so close that my DM was ineffective.

Will be fun to save my buddies from Roadhogs now tho.

Save ourselves too. His hook won't be automatically taking down my mech anymore. So annoying.

NeoRaider

Sombra not getting POTG is hurting me right now. Only got it twice before

I don't think i ever got one since she went live (started really playing her just few days ago). Got few while she was in PTR, it was kinda easy. But now it's so hard to get POTG with her, it's very rare also because i never see Sombra POTGs.

It's really hard to get PotG with Sombra just because her damage output is so low. I've seen multiple people get PotG off my EMP, but just like Zarya's graviton, you don't get enough credit for playmaking.

Always hilarious when it happens, though, especially if you're in voice and your teammate is the one who gets hacked.

NeoRaider

I've seen Sombra PotGs way more than Ana

Well Ana is really rare too.
I would say that both Ana and Sombra are very rare and i almost never see them. And it's strange because Ana when assisting with nanoboost and healing is doing so much but never gets POTGs while other healers are getting them all the time. Mercy, Lucio, Symmetra, Zen... they are getting POTGs all the time. It sucks because it's about kills (and resurrection for Mercy) 95% of time.

Getting ready to laugh at people again when the hype cycle lets them down

4e9.jpg

They haven't even given the details about season 4 which is a bit worrying. No update on possible changes to placements, a fix for 2 CP draws etc.

I'm worried that they might push it back a week.
Look, we're going to get a new balance patch, a revamped Season 4, a Mardi Gras event, and two new heroes, and they'll all be here at 7 p.m. EST. Hold on to your butts.

Whoops, that image is huge

Tobelstein is the thing that powers Zarya's cannon, she has a spray specifically naming it:
latest

Also it's interesting that Axiom is producing vocal processors - there used to be a StarCraft team founded by TotalBiscuit named Axiom, and TB is a caster for SC esports.

Colours match, but there's no lucio-o's so it's obviously the wrong robot.

I believe in you omnichu.

Oh, you know what the handrawn face on the poster looks like Omnichu's. Omnichu is confirmed.

Skii

I reckon they'd have let us know by now if it was delayed. Why would it be delayed anyway?

Maybe because they want a week of Bastion on live to balance before season 4? I'm reaching but it's really odd we haven't got any details on season 4 and it starts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom