• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Just watched AskJoshy on Twitch. Man, what a cool streamer. I tuned in to his channel because there was nobody else online that I knew playing OW, but was happy to follow and sub. Apparently he also casts.

Blues1990

CrvcRsl.png
CrvcRsl.png
CrvcRsl.png

Ha! :D

That would be amazing. I regret missing the launch of the game but I wasn't really into multiplayer games. Overwatch (and Rocket League) changed everything. I can't wait to see what they have in store.

Jeff had commented (on the official forums) that there is some sweet goodies coming up in the year ahead, and he hinted McCree is getting some new cosmetic skins. As much as I love the cool holiday-themed outfits, I really want the likes of Pirate Junkrat &/or 80's Cyberpunk D.Va. to appear.

LiK

I hope he we finally get new Legendary skins that aren't related to a limited event. Tired of skins costing 3k each.

LiK

I am really tired of new skins only debuting because of some event. They need to release more new skins for people who aren't gonna grind for limited events that last 2 weeks. I guess I'll make a thread about it in the official forums when I'm home.

I am really tired of new skins only debuting because of some event. They need to release more new skins for people who aren't gonna grind for limited events that last 2 weeks. I guess I'll make a thread about it in the official forums when I'm home.
Yeah, it would be really nice. Have we had any outside of Rein's Eichenwalde skins?
skin wishlist
- young Reinhardt
- hipster Hanzo
- casual skins in general
- just one good legendary for Widow, please Blizzard
All good suggestions

I wonder if we'll ever get an "Origins" skin for Widowmaker. Some people consider the Noire one to be one, with the cables being how she was brainwashed, but stylistically it looks quite different to the rest of the game. Was that ever confirmed anywhere? Either way would be cool to have an "Amelie Lacroix" skin.
GLORIOUS!

But yeah, Reinhardt was quite the looker back in his golden years. Ana has good taste.
That she does!

Roubjon

I wished her Noire Legendary was included with the rest of the origin skins. Hell, I'll settle for it being a super rare drop, as my code never worked to unlock it. :(

Yeah, it's still my favorite skin she has. I'm happy I've got it, but to lock it away forever is dumb for everyone else.

LiK

Bastion BlizzCon skin is also very nice. Didn't look that interesting from the promo shots but the actual skin in-game is sexy. The colors just look too good.

Blues1990

It would be nice if they made it available for 3k coins come May 24.
I'll be fine with that compromise, as I really want that legendary to equip for Widow.

Yeah, it's still my favorite skin she has. I'm happy I've got it, but to lock it away forever is dumb for everyone else.

Pretty much. I definitely hate Pre-Order codes that are locked away behind such an arbritrary wall.

Bastion BlizzCon skin is also very nice. Didn't look that interesting from the promo shots but the actual skin in-game is sexy. The colors just look too good.

It also comes with a fat, orange bird that looks cuddly. I wonder where it came from?

antitrop

Does HuK still cast Overwatch, or has he been done since that one time he got into it with ZP and called him Gold League or whatever?

Blues1990

Considering coming back to OW.

What's the meta like now? Tanks still king, or has it moved on from that?

Dive Comps & 2/2/2 are back, while the Tank Mets is slowly dissolving. Bastion & Mercy are getting some sweet changes with the upcoming patch, so be prepared for Tanky-Tank Bastion seeking revenge.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Considering coming back to OW.

What's the meta like now? Tanks still king, or has it moved on from that?
If the APEX pro matches have been anything to go on, the meta seems to be moving towards super aggressive dive comps now, with a focus on mobile heroes like Winston, Genji, Tracer, and sometimes Pharah. They back up the mobile guys with heroes like Zarya, Soldier or McCree. Sometimes teams don't even run Rein, and it's weird to see. Even Mercy shows up now and then for the occasional Pharmercy. She also seems favored on some maps on Oasis.

Some groups still do 3-tank, but I think it's becoming a choice rather than the norm.

I have 45 hours on Sombra and right now on Quick Play I'm at 149 wins to 187 losses with her. I think I can safely say she's the worst character on the roster.
I have 32 hours and a positive winrate: 52.36%

And that's almost entirely solo queue QP, which is a crapshoot.

I actually think she's in a really nice spot right now and only needs a few tweaks (plus more people understanding how to work with her). I would:

1. Make hacked health packs visible to teammates (just a slight glow through walls when they're not at full health).
2. Make the hacked effect slightly more pronounced (a more aggressive purple effect that signals "attack now" to teammates).
3. Give translocator a little more priority/leeway in netcode, similar to recall or dash. It probably needs some invincibility frames, to be honest.
4. Give hack a slight visual disruption on targets to make it more universally useful against heroes with strong left clicks. Don't make it crazy awful, but disrupting vision for even a split-second (0.8s of purple Sombra skulls popping up all over your HUD) would make it more disruptive and scary. Right now, if you're Reinhardt or Ana or Zarya or Tracer, hack is genuinely debilitating. If you're Hanzo or McCree or Soldier 76, it's not much more than a nuisance.

If they wanted to go crazy, increasing hack duration to 8s would be sweet. But I honestly think that would make her OP.

Her gun is fine, always has been.

Roubjon

I spent like 3 hours yesterday playing as Sombra because I find her playstyle and character so awesome. I'm pretty sure I got a lot better and there was at least one game where something clicked. At the end I managed to hack the POTG from the enemy Sombra. Felt good.

I hate Sombra whenever I play Tracer. Her hack destroys what makes Tracer so good.
Yeah. Tracer will win a straight-up 1v1 with ease, but if Sombra sees her first—or Tracer doesn't sustain fire on Sombra because she's distracted—it's over.

Watching a Tracer or Genji flounder without blink or dash is pretty hilarious, tbh.

LiK

Yeah. Tracer will win a straight-up 1v1 with ease, but if Sombra sees her first—or Tracer doesn't sustain fire on Sombra because she's distracted—it's over.

Watching a Tracer or Genji flounder without blink or dash is pretty hilarious, tbh.

Yea, I believe Sombra is a super hard counter to Genji and Tracer. They need their abilities.

Since we're all talking about Sombra:
A Sombra teammate of mine got PotG, and the PotG screen started by showing another player on the enemy team, and then Sombra "hacked" the screen and showed herself instead. Is that how her PotG normally shows? It was amusing.

Banzai

I still say Sombra should be able to hack through damage. I mean Mei can pretty much make it so you can neither shoot, move nor use abilities like that.
Obviously the rest of the character would need to be balanced around it (less duration, maybe less health...)

hypernima

Banned
I just played with the coolest group of kids who had more callouts and communication then 95% of my comp games.

I should have queued with them. :(

I agree Sombra being hard counter to Genji/Tracer. But in a 1v1 they still win if you can't sneak them and kill in 5 seconds.

LiK

Since we're all talking about Sombra:
A Sombra teammate of mine got PotG, and the PotG screen started by showing another player on the enemy team, and then Sombra "hacked" the screen and showed herself instead. Is that how her PotG normally shows? It was amusing.

yea, that's the effect for one of the highlight intros. it's very inspired.

yea, that's the effect for one of the highlight intros. it's very inspired.

It's kind of mean to the person who thinks they got it, lol.

In my match it was a Bastion whose team trash talked him all game for playing the character. So when he thought he got PotG he was popping off.

It's kind of mean to the person who thinks they got it, lol.

In my match it was a Bastion whose team trash talked him all game for playing the character. So when he thought he got PotG he was popping off.

That's why it's an amazing highlight intro.

The season break has been nice. It's given me time to get OBS set up and all, as well as focusing on some other games for a minute.

Any new changes on the PTR recently?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
One love-or-hate part of this game is that it introduces variety by filling the game with unfair matchups. So much stuff is fun to do to others, but feels like utter shit when done to you.

I still dont' know how I feel about this design philosophy, because it means that Overwatch is fundamentally a mixed experience where you're either sort of having fun, or you're miserable because someone else's job is to deliberately make your life miserable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One love-or-hate part of this game is that it introduces variety by filling the game with unfair matchups. So much stuff is fun to do to others, but feels like utter shit when done to you.

I still dont' know how I feel about this design philosophy, because it means that Overwatch is fundamentally a mixed experience where you're either sort of having fun, or you're miserable because someone else's job is to deliberately make your life miserable.

I mean it's not like getting beat in other competitive games is a grand time either. Unless you lean that way. I won't kink shame.

Take fighting games for example, there's a ton of unfair tech out there that basically means you might as well put down your controller once somebody landed a hit on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom