• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuck ctf? That mode was awful

Given how massively popular the CTF mode was during the event (Blizzard called it the most popular brawl to date), a lot of people seem to disagree with your assessment.
Besides, even if you didn't like it, you don't have to play it. Let other people enjoy the game the way they want.

Veelk

Banned
Torbjorn and Symmetra have their damage back! Some of it anyway. Still...

Canada's_fireworks_at_the_2013_Celebration_of_Light_in_Vancouver,_BC.jpg

Skii

Does Soldier's current state on console prevent Pharah from running riot? We know already she's very strong because McCree is weaker on console so you need to question if nerfing Soldier would be the best cause of action for the meta.

I haven't played console since season 2 so correct me if I'm wrong.

jviggy43

Given how massively popular the CTF mode was during the event (Blizzard called it the most popular brawl to date), a lot of people seem to disagree with your assessment.
Besides, even if you didn't like it, you don't have to play it. Let other people enjoy the game the way they want.

I never said otherwise; just that I thought it was gross.

LiK

Does Soldier's current state on console prevent Pharah from running riot? We know already she's very strong because McCree is weaker on console so you need to question if nerfing Soldier would be the best cause of action for the meta.

I take out plenty of Pharahs these days with Soldier. Good Pharahs are a challenge but if you have a few people who can aim, she's not a big issue.

No, she is still very strong. They would both need to be adjusted probably.

PS4 buggy as fuck right now, characters becoming invisible, post match menu non existent, dialogue wheel not responding.
What a mess, and I was so close to winning us a CTF match until I was murdered by INVISIBLE BASTION! Bastion clearly OP, pls nerf.

Wimps

Damn. Those Bastion buffs. Nano with his ult will be a massacre.

Wonder how the pros will respond. Upcoming tourneys should be extra interesting.

EDIT: Just read full patch notes. Calmed down a little lol.

LiK

PS4 buggy as fuck right now, characters becoming invisible, post match menu non existent, dialogue wheel not responding.
What a mess, and I was so close to winning us a CTF match until I was murdered by INVISIBLE BASTION! Bastion clearly OP, pls nerf.

I guess I'll play more Horizon tonight lol

Mr Git

Considering I already get quite a lot of turret kills with Symmetra, this patch should be pretty nice. Looking forward to trying out Bastion and improved defence matrix. Noticed Sombra's teleportation bug isn't in the fix list.

caesar

Banned
Ironclad didn't make it through untouched, 70% hard dmg resist cap. Bastion is nothing like soldier, he has no mobility and a huge hitbox.

Really dont see how he is amazingly strong outside of nano tank which is 2 ults.

The enemy team captures one flag, 4 players on my team leave game.

Great mode Blizzard.
I understand that people wanted it but it is fundamentally poorly designed in its current incarnation

When you get one flag there is literally no reason not to to turtle for the rest of the game.

Ambient80

I understand that people wanted it but it is fundamentally poorly designed in its current incarnation

When you get one flag there is literally no reason not to to turtle for the rest of the game.

That could be said about any CTF mode, yes? Happened all the time in CoD, UT, and others.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I hope Bastion isn't as OP as he seems. It seems like in recon, he is like Soldier but with a massive hitbox, no sprint, and no helix rocket. So probably still somewhat useful in a fight but with greatly reduced options. In Turret form he seems nerfed to the point where he hopefully has to set up closer. Being able to smash barriers is a good thing though. Probably frees up Soldier to hunt after targets that are better suited to him.

I imagine everyone would just treat Bastion ult like Dva's or McCree's ults. No reason to take it on, and every reason to just seek cover for a few seconds.

...unless it spawns some kind of Beyblade meta where you have Tank Bastion in place of Reaper? That would be pretty scary, though one shot per second is still one shot per second.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's all fun and games until they shove it in competitive.

finalflame

That hasn't changed tho?

They just undid the only two changes they did previously.

They didn't undo changes, they adjusted them slightly up, probably based on game data that supports it being too weak and needing more of a buff. It's not just adjusting it back to what it was, it's rebalancing the damage.

jviggy43

Yes, thank you, I know how to google word definitions.
Being a snarky asshole doesn't answer my question.

I guess I am unsure how to more properly put that I was simply posting my opinions on the game mode (which by the way was not positing that other's opinion were wrong), or how to explain more clearly how that terminology applies to my feelings about the mode. I would engage you in a conversation if thats what you wanted to do regarding why I felt that way, but I wont do so when you make inferences about my posts I myself was not making, nor when were using unnecessary ad hominem attacks because you fail to understand how I'm applying gross to a game mode.

Have a good day.

Regading the update, is this only up on PC and PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom