• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Blues1990

D.Va's gonna' be premium as heck. If she happens she'll be twice the price.

Fair point, especially if they keep her to scale with the other Overwatch Nendoroids and include her mech.

It would be super cute if her mech was all round and bubbly, though.

CuCXJTYVYAAo1KP.jpg

Hahaha I was like 'nooo my backup =('

RIP :(

I like your roadhog, we take up a lot of space.

Winston is a menace.

He is. I should've gone Hog in that last round in lijiang instead of soldier even though they had a Pharah, it's not like she can do much if we were inside the point or going left like we were doing. That way it would've been easier to deal with their winston first and then proceed with the rest. They got absolutely destroyed in the first two rounds so it was a shame that we ended up losing that one.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Had one of my best games in a while. Team dogged it the first round completely, but I was pulling our Hog and McCree out of the shit so many times as Ana. So many timely sleeps and Grenades to save them from Rein.

2nd round, they got it together, fire the entire game as Ana.

3rd round, they dogged it again.

Switched over to Soldier, Stopped the Mercy end game rez both fucking times.

It really does seem like the best strategy at lower end play is get good at something that can flank. I've turned three games around today, by switching over to Winston, Tracer, and Soldier. With my goal to fuck up the healers quick. Sadly, it doesn't work as well in Payload since the maps are more linear.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
There are several issues I see with the system.

1. There needs to be two separate system for rank. Solo and team. Solo should just be that, you are alone. Team is everything 2 and above. This address the boosting and many others all at once.

2. I do think there should be a small cumulative gain, what does this mean? Even if you go 50/50, you'll still move up slowly. We're talking 1-2 points every few games. Why? Because as a player progresses, they should acquire at least more knowledge throughout the season, with the more they play. Someone who has 200 games played in Diamond, should be better than someone with 20. Them being up 100 or 150 would make sense. They should simply be more experience.

3. A loss floor I feel like is needed. Hit 3 or 4 losses in a row? You cap out how much you can lose per game.

Anyone else running into a lot of trolls tonight? Lost 3 games because of people just straight up throwing for no reason out of the gate, and all 3 of them were previously GM ranked or right around it.

Michael Chu just announced that Hanzo has three legendary skins in development after people vetted their concerns on the Overwatch forums. Hopefully one of them is from the Reflections comic.

MG310

I have never been happier to have someone on my team ragequit than this Eichenwald Attack so I didn't have to stick around for the defense.

By the end we were pushed to the first corner outside of the door.

ohkay

Probably shouldn't have played tonight because of the server issues. Got a few games where people were having connection issues and I just lost on Anubis in round 3 because our Rein got dced on defense with ult, and left us to hold a 5v6

What would you even call this meta? "Balanced"? Some heroes are still ass, but it doesn't seem like any hero is insanely overpowered, and there are a ton of heroes who can be played effectively. Pretty solid meta at the moment.

And what are the expectations after the Lucio changes? I'm sure the pros see it as a massive nerf even if us console diamond players thinks it's a buff. Will he fall out of the pro meta?

exYle

Michael Chu just announced that Hanzo has three legendary skins in development after people vetted their concerns on the Overwatch forums. Hopefully one of them is from the Reflections comic.

Source?

What would you even call this meta? "Balanced"? Some heroes are still ass, but it doesn't seem like any hero is insanely overpowered, and there are a ton of heroes who can be played effectively. Pretty solid meta at the moment.

And what are the expectations after the Lucio changes? I'm sure the pros see it as a massive nerf even if us console diamond players thinks it's a buff. Will he fall out of the pro meta?

I can play Zenyatta, Genji, and Sombra to great effect, so I'm pretty happy with the place the meta is in right now!

Ok since regular lootboxes are practically useless at this point in time, can we get a function to recycle them to get one of an event instead, eg. trade 10 regulars for a themed one.

I got it all figured out, got myself about 200 exp away from a level up, 2/9 arcade boxes for the week, so first match I play tommorrow nets me two event boxes BOOM

Blues1990

Lucio will always have a high pick rate, but his upcoming changes will shake things up with his placement in the current meta. It's honestly hard to say where that character will go, as both Sombra and Orisa haven't made that much of an impact and are considered tobe niche picks.

ohkay

I like this meta. Pretty much everything can be viable except defense heroes, which I don't personally play. All offense heroes but RIPer, all tanks (Orisa?), and all actual healers

Shahadan

Lmao just had an enemy team struggle to get past us for 5 minutes on anubis first point and they were so happy to wipe us out in the last 15 seconds they forgot to capture the point and we won.

Mendo and Ryb are no longer on the starting roster for Cloud9. :(
http://cloud9.gg/news/xepher-selly-bishop

Sad to see Mendo benched but i guess this is what happens when you have like 3dps players on the team already. He replies to nearly all my twitch comments rip

But Gods moving over to main tank lmao i guess this is what the team decided with the new coach

Xepher had some hype behind him i remember Kaiser saying he should be picked up again.

maomaoIYP

I think arcade boxes will reset with the update.

It doesn't. Unless it was changed from this event onward.

Talking about the current meta, I'm pretty happy as it is. There still are assholes who were once GM or master and now spend all their time missing shots as widow but otherwise there aren't characters which stick out that much.

http://cloud9.gg/news/xepher-selly-bishop

Sad to see Mendo benched but i guess this is what happens when you have like 3dps players on the team already. He replies to nearly all my twitch comments rip

But Gods moving over to main tank lmao i guess this is what the team decided with the new coach

Xepher had some hype behind him i remember Kaiser saying he should be picked up again.

According to Mendo's twitter, he requested to step down a while back. I'm guessing his insomnia/depression issues are having a negative impact on his abilities. Or I'm just spouting nonsense. Either way he was one of my favorite personalities and players on that C9 roster. :(

https://twitter.com/mendokusaii/status/851691237463773184

What time's the new event's gonna start?

The PvE option has me excited, plus new Mercy skins is the fastest way to get me playing again.

Kinda hard considering what happened.

Map: King's Row (one of the best maps for pharah)
Enemy team: Rein, D.Va, Genji, Junkrat, Mercy, Symmetra
Our team (attack): Rein, Zarya, S76, Junkrat, Mercy, Lucio (me)

Me after the match started:

"Guys, they don't have anything to counter pharah" - team: nothing, dps never change during the whole round

Symmetra turrets all over the choke making it impossible to cross in the beginning. Guess who can deal with turrets easily? Fucking Pharah.

~1:30 minutes before the round ends, mercy switch to pharah... sorry tanks

~45s until the match ends, pharah goes after the teleporter making the last fight a 5vs6 with barely any healing when she could've have killed every single person on the point unchallenged and then we could've worried about securing it.
"Guys, the teleporter is down" Well fuck we are all dead and there's 5s until the game ends.

The intention was good (change and telporter), I know that. But it's the job of the dps to make that change and know how to adapt, because otherwise the team's balance goes to shit. If they can't, then communicate and change to a healer/tank so another person can take the role. We had more than enough time to adapt, there's just no excuse.

Me being a pretty good pharah only makes me tilt more, because that would've been an extremely easy point to take. A Winston should easily have it too.

I expect this shit from randoms, not in a 5-stack where we are all talking/listening. Even worse after having so many good games with a 4-stack before where everyone sticked to a role and could adapt accordingly. Hopefully shit like this doesn't happen again.

lol junkrat mains

Top Bottom