• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Almost 50% Mercy usage on KOTH. There's a stat I never thought I'd see.

Didn't even notice. More than Ana, damn.

lol junkrat mains

I don't mind junkrat, I find him very fun to play even though I'm not reliable with him, I love getting some bullshit kills sometimes by just spamming without seeing the other team lol

In some games we can just steamroll the other team by picking an more adequate comp, it's easier to do that on attack by just going back to the spawn, they really can't do that on defense unless they die, and by that time we might have taken the point. Learning experience.

Woah, what happened to Reinhardt? Below 50% for him is something I've never seen.

Dive comp I guess.

I'm more surprised at Zarya not being picked at all in koth. I think there's some kind of mistake there.

Edit: Yup there has to be otherwise she couldn't have that average, it's just the column that's missing.

Didn't even notice. More than Ana, damn.

I don't mind junkrat, I find him very fun to play even though I'm not reliable with him, I love getting some bullshit kills sometimes by just spamming without seeing the other team lol

In some games we can just steamroll the other team by picking an more adequate comp, it's easier to do that on attack by just going back to the spawn, they really can't do that on defense unless they die, and by that time we might have taken the point. Learning experience.

i mean i assume you were playing competitive? playing junkrat on attack on the specified map is just garbage, even more so considering the enemies team comp. then saying that the lucio should have been the one to switch to a phara. just awful in so many ways. how can anyone half decent not tilt

LiK

lol junkrat mains

lol ignorant comment. the hero that killed us the most in that match was a Junkrat. he was good.

i mean i assume you were playing competitive? playing junkrat on attack on the specified map is just garbage, even more so considering the enemies team comp. then saying that the lucio should have been the one to switch to a phara. just awful in so many ways. how can anyone half decent not tilt
I was the Junkrat on Attack and I was doing fine. I was taking out the barriers and D.va Meka. I was also taking out the Tracer who was harrasing us. Don't make assumptions about the hero cuz he's "Defense".

Ana's rifle dmg nerf should be reverted on console.

Most people just aren't good with mcree or widow on console and that just leaves soldier, Zen (lol), and bastion (less lol, but still) to care of pharmercy.

There needs to be more reliable counters to the flying duo. Shit is rampant.

Veelk

Banned

Most people just aren't good with mcree or widow on console and that just leaves soldier, Zen (lol), and bastion (less lol, but still) to care of pharmercy.

I see the Ana nerf as focusing on the wrong thing.

The grenade is the problem. It makes Ana effectively a 300 hp hero, boosts healing and creates antihealing. They should have kept Ana's rifle damage normal but nerfed the grenade as planned.

Chance

I was the Junkrat on Attack and I was doing fine. I was taking out the barriers and D.va Meka. I was also taking out the Tracer who was harrasing us. Don't make assumptions about the hero cuz he's "Defense".

Truth. The difference between a good and meh Junkrat on the enemy side will make or break my Tracer game. Trappy burst-damagey bastard...

Edit: and I've found even with my zero skill at the hero, Junkrat can effectively counter a steamrolling barrier comp and shut 'em right down.

LiK

Truth. The difference between a good and meh Junkrat on the enemy side will make or break my Tracer game. Trappy burst-damagey bastard...

Edit: and I've found even with my zero skill at the hero, Junkrat can effectively counter a steamrolling barrier comp and shut 'em right down.

Yep, we just didn't have a good game there. It was one match of many. Not gonna dwell on it. Win some, lose some. We learned from it and will move on. We did better later on in the night.

Jellie

The answer is Dva.

NeoRaider

My new favorite thing is killing Widows with Mercy.
Moving fast left/right and shooting them, while they are trying to kill me is so satisfying. :)

antitrop

My new favorite thing is killing Widows with Mercy.
Moving fast left/right and shooting them, while they are trying to kill me is so satisfying. :)
It's surprisingly easy.

McCree and Widow are pretty much the two easiest targets to 1v1 as Mercy, if you stay out of flashbang.

Cappa

Banned
The answer is Dva.
In most of my games I end up going dva to counter Pharah and they don't expect me to be flying right up in their face and just harassing them lol. Yeah I'm probably leaving my team to fend for themselves but it's essentially a 5v4 in our favor if pharmercy is to busy dealing with me.

It amazes me when I see dvas who just sit their idle while Pharah rains down hell on us.

Dva is obviously not the perfect counter to Pharah by any means and especially not for console but Pharah is not impossible to deal with. Would not be against a nerf for console(similar to torb/Symmetra turrets) but I think she's OK

Sande

It was the wrong nerf to begin with. They needed to nerf her healing and/or utility. She was too strong though, even on consoles. Still is. They could make her rifle damage 0 and she would be OP, because again, that's the wrong thing to nerf.

I completely agree with Ginger that they should balance her to the point where she needs to make the decision between shooting enemies and shooting allies. That was already skewed heavily towards healing pre-nerf and now there's no decision, ever.

Jellie

In most of my games I end up going dva to counter Pharah and they don't expect me to be flying right up in their face and just harassing them lol. Yeah I'm probably leaving my team to fend for themselves but it's essentially a 5v4 in our favor if pharmercy is to busy dealing with me.

It amazes me when I see dvas who just sit their idle while Pharah rains down hell on us.

Dva is obviously not the perfect counter to Pharah by any means and especially not for console but Pharah is not impossible to deal with. Would not be against a nerf for console(similar to torb/Symmetra turrets) but I think she's OK

You don't even have to leave your team. Just DM her rockets and you got a 5v4. Dive works too by diving on her teammates before she can kill yor team but you have to be able to focus targets fast to do that.

Chance

Actually come to think of it D.Va could be instrumental in dismantling Pharmercy just because she doesn't have to reload, and even at extreme ranges she can ensure the Mercy's self heal never kicks in... Hmmm...

Cappa

Banned
You don't even have to leave your team. Just DM her rockets and you got a 5v4. Dive works too by diving on her teammates before she can kill yor team but you have to be able to focus targets fast to do that.
Yeah I meant more so being aggressive and actually trying to take her our yourself you can dm from the ground but I still prefer the latter of being aggressive.

I think the point we are both trying to make is that she's actually a good counter to Pharah that more people should be using

Woah, what happened to Reinhardt? Below 50% for him is something I've never seen.

What else do you see on this list? The most used DPS heroes other than Soldier are Tracer, Genji, and Pharah....

Winston is just a more capable tank against those 3 than Reinhardt.

Reinhardt can't really do much against those 3s. and he also has trouble with a Soldier (the other most used DPS hero) who keeps his distance.

Winston and Dva on the other hand can chase these guys down.

Mobility is the name of the game for tanks right now it seems.
I say this, because I recognized this as a Reinhardt player and it's why I've been switching to Winston when the game called for it than just staying on Rein like normal.

JJShadow

One question GAF: last time I played Overwatch was summer last year, really had a great time with it but I eventually dropped it to play other stuff. With the new event and the reduction of price on UK PSN I'm thinking about re-buying it again, but I'd like to know how's the community nowadays in terms of "toxic" people and tryharders

I'm planning on playing a few casual quick matches every couple of days or so, so nothing really serious. How's the community nowadays? Can I step into it again without worrying about trolls and toxic players?

This is so important, and I've been doing it forever. You don't even have to do it all the time (leaving your team), as long as Pharah knows you're capable of doing that, it's a huge help

Chance

One question GAF: last time I played Overwatch was summer last year, really had a great time with it but I eventually dropped it to play other stuff. With the new event and the reduction of price on UK PSN I'm thinking about re-buying it again, but I'd like to know how's the community nowadays in terms of "toxic" people and tryharders

I'm planning on playing a few casual quick matches every couple of days or so, so nothing really serious. How's the community nowadays? Can I step into it again without worrying about trolls and toxic players?

I wouldn't even need a hand's worth of fingers to count the trolls or toxic players I've encountered, but I'm on NA PSN.

jviggy43

lol ignorant comment. the hero that killed us the most in that match was a Junkrat. he was good.

Yeah junkrat on attack was the problem there......There was far more utility with other characters. Thats a poor choice,

LiK

Yeah junkrat on attack was the problem there......There was far more utility with other characters. Thats a poor choice,

You don't even know what you're talking about. I've had plenty of good games as Junk on Attack there. Our team just wasn't doing well against that team. Don't generalize and blame a single hero for a loss. It's stupid.

Chance

You don't even know what you're talking about. I've had plenty of good games as Junk on Attack there. Our team just wasn't doing well against that team. Don't generalize and blame a single hero for a loss. It's stupid.

That's what a Hanzo main would say!

Rein dies so fast to dive comps now.

Played against a Tracer / Genji / Pharah / Winston on Gibraltar and we somehow held on enough to force them to Overtime by point C but man was it tough.

Then we switched our comp up (I was still going Rein) and then we finished our attack with 2 minutes to spare.

They switch off Dive for Tanks and they don't even hit the bottom of the ramp before point A in Overtime lol.

CaptNink

I wouldn't even need a hand's worth of fingers to count the trolls or toxic players I've encountered, but I'm on NA PSN.

I keep hearing about these "toxic Overwatch players" but I've personally never experienced one. I'm on XBL, so maybe they're on PC? I dunno.

butalala

I keep hearing about these "toxic Overwatch players" but I've personally never experienced one. I'm on XBL, so maybe they're on PC? I dunno.

I think it depends on the time of day. I'm on spring break right now, so I'm playing during the day more. There was a guy yesterday who suggested I drink bleach because I questioned the decision to play Torb on attack on Route 66.

jviggy43

Past games matter little when maps, enemy and team compositions vary for every game. Secondly you realized something had to change and looking at that enemy comp vs your teams comp, the black sheep of the group was junkrat-everyone else was a pretty solid pick (on your team). Worse, you knew someone had to switch and said yourself you were good with phara, but decided to let the focus healer switch instead. Again, you may have been playing fine, but complaining about other people there is absurd. You should have switched, there was a better choice than junkrat for that situation you laid out in your original post that would have given your team far more utility against that comp on that map. If i was on your team and you started telling me to switch playing anyone of those other heros, I'd be livid.

Sullichin

Had a qp match where a guy on our team blamed everyone on our team in sequence except for himself. Apparently I was a worthless tracer. Our Mercy was worthless. Our tanks were worthless. His junkrat was fine though

Chance

I was rewatching a game I had last week, went 25 and 2 on Dorado attack with Tracer. And watching the footage, I wasn't playing particularly well - I was just surviving and getting damage in, no thanks to our Zen who literally didn't put a harmony orb on me until the last 20 seconds of the game - but upon rewatching the footage, what I saw was that every enemy I softened up into killing blow range would be bodied by our Widow. I set 'em up and she knocked 'em down.

I had an amazing Tracer match off the back of a quickplay Widow, of all things.

yeah you clearly did great

Get it and join #PS4WatchGAF! We have some in house games coming up soon.

Most people on the PS4 here from GAF aren't toxic... Tho I will probably yell at you during comp to kill someone if you're playing DPS.

shira

Bayonetta announcement.
New Overwatch event.

v7a9tri4q9wDS.gif

In Valve Land
- CSGO outpacing Dota 2
- Dota 2 losing players
- TI7 tickets not sold out

iP42wHz.gif

exYle

Get it and join #PS4WatchGAF! We have some in house games coming up soon.

Most people on the PS4 here from GAF aren't toxic... Tho I will probably yell at you during comp to kill someone if you're playing DPS.

Don't lie ultima I am clearly the most toxic player in existence

Don't lie ultima I am clearly the most toxic player in existence

Well with a name like Buttchin you should know what you're getting into when you group up.

Yesterday was hard to hear the actual game with everyone talking during comp. Kind of threw me off as well trying to listen for would be flankers.

Top Bottom