• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Chance

50 boxes

-Widow (don't use her ever)
-Torb (ditto)
-Zen highlight intro
-Soldier emote
-Rein skin

Nothin' else. Mehhhhhh...

TrueBlue

I like how they've given non-canon Uprising heroes lines - I heard D.Va calling out enemy units various times - it's a nice little detail which they totally didn't need to add.

Also, it's amusing how much more legit Tracer sounds when she's half-serious about things.

Lesath

50 boxes and got the Genji, McCree, Torb, Rein, and Mercy skins. Shelled out gold for Tracer. Still want D. Va highlight and Widow...

Kenai

As a Lucio main, I'm digging the Lucio rework/buff.

I can't say I main him (Mei is bae) but he's my main as far as supports go and he will probably get a lot more playtime out of my now.

They even gave him Boop for a voice line. So awesome.

antitrop

XYIWOra.png

That's the best they could come up with

Anne

Load into comp Volskaya on defense first. Full hold with the enemy team only getting 28%.

Pick Winston/Genji and win in under 30 seconds on offense. I'll take the free SR. At 4100 exactly right now.

BraXzy

Opened 24 boxes + the freebies... Managed to get Genji, Tracer and Torbjorn legendaries. Oh and Bloodhart. Pretty damn lucky this time around.

Also now had enough coins so bought the McCree skin. Only other one I'd want is Mercy.

_Legacy_

Just finished a game on Hanamura with Rein, 55% fucking kill participation. Won the match as well because we got 33% on point B and they got 0%. Love the new anti-draw patch

LiK

Sty bought 50 boxes and only got Tracer Legendary. Everything else epics or rares. Dude usually gets almost everything. I feel like they really messed with the yellow drop rates even tho they deny it.

Anne

Idk whether to play comp and try to stomp the people around for the event at the risk of having those very same people on my team.

Kenai

Orisa or Rein, Bastion, Mercy (or Lucio or Zen) and a DPS and it's pretty easy to at least do Hard on new event unless people are dumb and overextend chokepoints.

Kenai

I just want the D. Va intro yea. I wouldn't complain if I got beardless Torb, Mercy or McCree but I'm not shelling out any coins for those, especially when i hear Zarya might finally get a skin worth mentioning soon. Same with Zen intro, it's good but I don't get PotG on him enough to justify it.

The real treats have been some of the voice lines and sprays. They're quite nice.

Wanderer5

Free loot box, got D.Va Intro. First arcade loot box, got D.Va Intro. Threw in for 11 boxes, got D.Va Intro.

XD

Gotten McCree and Rein's skins for now. Pretty much the only skin I want is Mercy's, but I could spend some currency towards that.

NRG and Rogue going to Korea? >.>

Ooooh NRG going would be a shock. If it's true I'm surprised they got invited even with their large fan base.

I just want to see them in action already, the next Alienware Monthly Melee should be pretty great.

EDIT - Also after Ajax saying he thought that the Korean teams were more beatable than most in the community thought, I'd like to see NRG back that up.

jviggy43

Idk whether to play comp and try to stomp the people around for the event at the risk of having those very same people on my team.

Im in the same predicament. I went with uprising in the end tho because I'll miss it when its gone. I'm dying for a campaign that gives us more insight into everyone's story and the world's story in general. Missions with different squads of 4 heros would be amazing.

Even as we enjoy all these cool new skins, we should all take a moment to recognize that SOMBRA STILL DOES NOT HAVE A SITTING EMOTE
It's goddamn criminal. I bought her spray and voice lines, looked around for all the other hot new Sombra content ...

Nothing.

Orisa is super solid for the Brawl, yeah. Her ult is sick for it.
Shields people, stands up to damage herself, can use Halt to shift Bastions and move the dog robots, deep clip, cool ult. Pretty damn good.

Anne

I didn't see it posted, but Jeff made a bnet post about smurfing and boosting:

Apologies. I have been gone so I have not read every post in this thread. But I will give you some thoughts.

I think there are two separate concepts:

1) Smurfing. I would define this as an experienced player buying a second account to reset their account progress and internal matchmaking rating (MMR)

2) Boosting. This is behavior some players engage in in Competitive Play where one player is more skilled than their partner and attempts to "carry" the lower skilled player to a higher skill tier.

Boosting is bad and we are very actively working on preventing and punishing this behavior. Rules like the 500 SR differential in Comp above Diamond exist because of Boosting. There is nothing about Boosting that is acceptable and we want you to know that we are taking great efforts to minimize the impact on "fair" players.

Smurfing -- and I know this isn't what you want to hear -- isn't really that big of an issue. For example, a few weeks ago one of the Pro Overwatch players created a smurf account and was streaming from it. We were able to watch his MMR internally and compare it against his "main" account. Within 15 games, the MMR's were equal. I know there is a very bad perception of Smurfing. But the reality is, skilled players are moved rapidly out of lower skill situations.

I've also personally witnessed a few cases of players assuming someone is smurfing when they are not. One of the people I play with is highly skilled. He played a ton in the beta. He works on the Heroes of the Storm team and plays Heroes most nights. But occasionally he comes and plays OW with us because he really enjoys the game. As a result, he is way lower level than we are. Most of us are 3-5 stars... and he is about level 30. Every time we group with him, someone accuses him of being a smurf. But he's not.

Anyway, we will always monitor deviant behavior and if we feel like there is behavior occurring that hurts honest, fair players, we will take action. We are definitely working on the boosting issue.

I'm personally p happy to see that it looks like they are targeting boosting way harder than smurfing. Boosting is a lot more common and harmful despite popular belief.

Prelude.

I thought the new mode was optimized like shit since it ran at <100fps, turns out the game just decided to set everything on ultra.

Also my first event lootbox had industrial Zarya.

Fucking Blizzard, man.

Dekutulla

I opened my two boxes from playing PvE All Heroes and leveling up during.

One gold in the first box, excited to see what it is-annnnnd it's the PvE Torb skin.

Second box has two Gold's, one of which is Young Hanzo, and the other one is...Even Younger Torbjorn.

I don't know how to feel about this. At least I like playing Hanzo sometimes?

Top Bottom