• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Foxxsoxx

Down 0v2 on Oasis, we get 80% of point. Tank leaves. We manage to take it back due to my kickass riptires and we would have kept it too... why do people leave so much in Comp? Shit makes no sense. Comebacks are totally possible and it wasn't even super one sided rounds.

Down 0v2 on Oasis, we get 80% of point. Tank leaves. We manage to take it back due to my kickass riptires and we would have kept it too... why do people leave so much in Comp? Shit makes no sense. Comebacks are totally possible and it wasn't even super one sided rounds.
thankfully it's only ever really happened to me in qp but it's always hilarious when someone leaves our team but then we pretty much immediately steamroll after they go lol

Blues1990

Cause I wasn't there to stream it. I failed blue :(

Okay, I'll be very blunt about it.

Everyone on the team that I was on went their merry way to go and spawn camp the enemy team on Temple of Anubis Point 2, while it was obvious that said enemy team was building ult charge to go and steam roll us to the last point, which they followed up on.

Stuff that like makes my blood boil, especially when I was trying to tell my team to not leave said point. :/

There is much more, but that's the gist of it.

Trickster

aaaand I lost again. Stupid me trying to fill and play healer...

Triple tank setup? Well let's not go junkrat, and definitely not reaper, that would be silly

caesar

Banned

Everyone on the team that I was on went their merry way to go and spawn camp the enemy team on Temple of Anubis Point 2, while it was obvious that said enemy team was building ult charge to go and steam roll us to the last point, which they followed up on.

Stuff that like makes my blood boil, especially when I was trying to tell my team to not leave said point. :/

Didn't see the game so can't say much about it, but its just inhouse man shouldn't make your blood boil.

Yeah, it's not something I see them changing because there's no real overt complaint towards it, but a source of frustration definitely stems from the game having a mandatory need for a third of the team to be comprised of what is the least popular role.

I dont mind healing, I main support but its crearly obvious two supports are a must , feels like I am in a WoW's raid , Main tank, off tank, tank healer and and off healer for the rest of the group.

aaaand I lost again. Stupid me trying to fill and play healer...

Triple tank setup? Well let's not go junkrat, and definitely not reaper, that would be silly

There is no way a support can keep up with three tanks , Lucio falls short keeping the sheeps alive one mistake and everyone is gone, Mercy can get killed but a random tank wandering far away from the team and capturing a base is eternal due the lack of DPS, dont forget the usual genji doing nothing.

Zenyatta cant heal enough to keep a single tank alive against a big burst of damage (I am looking at you orisa)

Anne

Didn't see the game so can't say much about it, but its just inhouse man shouldn't make your blood boil.

^. Everybody else seemed cool with everything even without me or caeser being there. We started the in-houses to just have fun with each other and learn some stuff. No reason to tilt out at people or call bad games in the thread cause mistakes happened.

Played with a Rein that had a Trump soundboard. He had a quote for almost any situation we encountered, it was very impressive.

We lost. But we lost laughing.

Fugu

Have they commented on Mei being literally worthless right now?

If you're defending B and you fight them at the choke near their spawn it is sometimes possible to play this in a way that allows you to get back in position before the other team gets to the actual control point. Maybe that's what they were trying to do.

She's literally unusable

Like I get that it feels great if you're against her but tracer and genji just lost another counter

Mei is like a genuine break from the amount of random flying fast moving shit in this game 😂

Anne

Yah, Mei has been fixed bu they can't get the full patch out yet. They said something like "wish we could have it out for the weekend, but other things gotta happen with it".

Fugu

I love playing Mei in QP/Arcade and even the occasional comp game. The fact that it's been almost a week now is actually a bit incredible. I'm glad they've actually fixed it but this is the kind of thing that I would expect them to try to rectify as soon as possible since it makes one of the game's characters totally unusable.

Ferga

After 3 seasons of being stuck in high plat, I finally climbed to Masters this season. Feels so good.

Comp actually gets so easy when you hit around 3300 and consistently get people who actually communicate. Plat and low diamond comp feels like quick play compared to this.

I reckon I can hit GM at this rate.

Imagine if Ana was broken for a week, or really any important meta character

Game would be completely different for that week. Could be kinda cool to see

Anne

Watching Monthly Melee finals in the discord like

3bed878f22.png

I'm tired of teams going full tilt mode the moment you pick hanzo, I have won games getting triples on objective, I admit I'm still too inconsistent with him, but I'm confident I can do well enough with him.

What's more infuriating is the fact that they will only (sometimes) acknowledge you did great if you win, if you lose they will always use Hanzo as a scapegoat regardless of how well you did.

LiK

Good Comp games with GAF stack tonight. We stomped a few teams with decisive wins. No tilting from ND too. 😉

Owzers

Not only is blue in plat now, but I got the genji legendary skin from our final win so I'm a genji main now.

Hurray for everybody!

Event skins so far:

Mccree
Genji
Bastion.

I hope to get Widowmaker next.

Added my details into the spreadsheet. Maybe spamming friend requests would be a bit redundant because there are most likely some inactive people and a lot of people way above my SR.

Anyway, asking again here because I still haven't had much luck: anyone on PS4 around 2000 sr feel free to add me (I play on EU timezones).

Played a quick match earlier to practice Pharah. Oh, attack on Gibraltar. I can live with this. Other team picks: Genji, Hanzo, McGree, Widow, Reaper.

Well then.

Blizzard

Banned
That's good to know, thanks.

I beat Legendary with randoms in All Heroes yesterday. It was pretty easy with Orisa, Rein, Bastion, and Mercy. We didn't have much time left, but I think you're gonna be barely beating it no matter how well you do, they really don't give you shit for time.
It's crazy it doesn't give you the achievement with All Heroes, AND the game is being patched to make normal Uprising Legendary even harder, AND the people who used glitches for the achievement will still have it.

Like, what's the harm with just letting people use glitches on an insanely hard mode for a spray and achievement? :(

Good Comp games with GAF stack tonight. We stomped a few teams with decisive wins. No tilting from ND too. 😉

Yup, ggs overall, though before we had a full-stack I was kinda tilting because of the randoms.

Today I actually had fun playing Mercy, which is surprising for me. I really like having pharah on my team so I can fly to her and be able to see all my teammates while escaping from danger. It's not as fun when you have to stay in the ground at all times just waiting for a genji to ult and cut you in half before killing the rest of your team... might play her more from now on.

Good games PS4 peeps

Boosted me to plat :D

Congrats. Deserved :)

Not only is blue in plat now, but I got the genji legendary skin from our final win so I'm a genji main now.

Hurray for everybody!

Something is terribly wrong with this game.

Still prefer Lucio or Zen on attack for most cases, if you pick mercy you are forfeiting a LOT of damage and kills that can make the difference on attack. Had some killer games today with both and there's just no way I could have been as useful playing mercy instead.

Lucio is a freaking beast now, I'm getting medals in damage/eliminations very frequently, which is something that rarely occurred before. I like to stick behind the Rein with my healing aura up and switch to speed to chase some kills with my teammates. I played him basically as I play Zen, except for the chasing kills part.

Might opt for Mercy depending on the map and if we have a good pharah. Stick with her until she kills the hitscan and then help the rest of the team.

We don't need anymore Mercy mains. I just play her in QP if I wanna relax.

Yeah I feel very relaxed playing as her even in comp.

LiK

I might need to get proficient with Pharah again. I don't play her much anymore. I feel much better playing Soldier these days for Comp. But I'll mess with her more in QP games. Good Pharahs are too much of a threat.

Foxxsoxx

I might need to get proficient with Pharah again. I don't play her much anymore. I feel much better playing Soldier these days for Comp. But I'll mess with her more in QP games. Good Pharahs are too much of a threat.

Yeah I'm trying to get proficient with Tracer and Pharah for Comp. Soldier is pretty easy to get down but he's incredibly easy to play and I'd rather let someone else do that.

LiK

Yeah I'm trying to get proficient with Tracer and Pharah for Comp. Soldier is pretty easy to get down but he's incredibly easy to play and I'd rather let someone else do that.

Well, easy to play doesn't mean they're actually good with them. We've had randoms who insta-locked Soldiers during our sessions and they couldn't kill anything. Too much of a risk to let someone else play him when I'm super proficient with him now. I'm good enough to consistently take out Pharahs as long as they don't use a Pharmercy combo. Hate that shit.

Velikost

Any legends out there who've got the Uprising on Legendary down? Been trying all day with various friends and have been within a couple shots of killing the final Orisa but ultimately running out of time. Trying to beat it before they patch the door exploit.

I play Tracer.

Blues1990

Any legends out there who've got the Uprising on Legendary down? Been trying all day with various friends and have been within a couple shots of killing the final Orisa but ultimately running out of time. Trying to beat it before they patch the door exploit.

I play Tracer.

Once you and your team get to the power plant, focus on killing the Bastions first before killing the first OR-14. The other three won't spawn until you kill the first one, so taking care of the Bastions first will help a lot.

I'm still trying to find a competent team to play with me, but we barely get to the final phase.

Foxxsoxx

Well, easy to play doesn't mean they're actually good with them. We've had randoms who insta-locked Soldiers during our sessions and they couldn't kill anything. Too much of a risk to let someone else play him when I'm super proficient with him now. I'm good enough to consistently take out Pharahs as long as they don't use a Pharmercy combo. Hate that shit.

Well yeah but I generally see more decent/good soldiers then I do good Pharahs or Tracer.

Such a world of a difference between a good Pharah and a great one. It's terrifying.

EDIT: So I'm like 17 lootboxes in and its all whites and blues...

Top Bottom