• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

-MD-

Can't count how many times I've had someone try to tell me that I'm throwing a match so in return they're switching to Widow and throwing.

It's always Widow too, every single time.

antitrop

They didn't, they just made his projectiles move fast enough to actually land
And buffed the damage of each wave of his shot (of which there are 4) from 16 to 20 (40 for a Crit).

Boop also does more damage.

Each wave from Lucio is equal damage to a shot from Mercy's pistol now.

If all 4 waves per shot hit the body, it's as much damage as Ana did pre-nerf.

Can't count how many times I've had someone try to tell me that I'm throwing a match so in return they're switching to Widow and throwing.

It's always Widow too, every single time.

yeah i had a match where they said if you don't switch off i'm playing widow. i mean i would have preferred they said hanzo.

Paltheos

I'll be making a separate thread soon about the Overwatch Heroes of the Storm content, but I suspect this is the upcoming Zarya skin given the Genji skin they just added to Heroes is Oni Genji.

I was gonna say, "Doesn't look very 'Overwatch'y," but the nI remembered that neither does Oni Genji and this... might be sufficiently close to something I could see in Overwatch, unlike another, flamboyant HotS Zarya skin I've seen.

LiK

I'll be making a separate thread soon about the Overwatch Heroes of the Storm content, but I suspect this is the upcoming Zarya skin given the Genji skin they just added to Heroes is Oni Genji.

hanamura_zarya_18-102vbkfi.png

hanamura_zarya_277-10obkht.png

MOTHER OF GOD

holysan

I lost so many games the last few days because of bad Mercys. Rez when we win a fight, don't have a rez for the next fight or die with rez from a soldier ult. This hero tilts me so much, fuck. Worst thing is that there are more Mercy mains than Hanjo and Gengu mains combined.

Just gotta adopt my mentality, pick whoever the fuck you want in Comp, as long as you're not playing like a dumpster fire.
I mean our Lucio went Winston and threw himself off the map for the entire game because someone picked attack Junkrat.

Lik won't play comp at all if you play a hero you don't have practice with.

They are always the first to be blamed, even im guilty of calling out Buttchins Sombra if it feels like our damage output is ass.

And no one wants to be the guy, and let down the group. Sometimes it'd be fun to just play different heroes in a six stack, but losing means it's 100% your fault and you just cost all your friends their SR.

Easier to just pick Tracer, win or lose.

Fugu

I lost so many games the last few days because of bad Mercys. Rez when we win a fight, don't have a rez for the next fight or die with rez from a soldier ult. This hero tilts me so much, fuck. Worst thing is that there are more Mercy mains than Hanjo and Gengu mains combined.
I think the thing that frustrates me the most these days is supports ending the game on a loss while still holding a decisive ult.

My irl friend loves to play as Lucio. The amount of times we've lost on defense while he's got sound barrier is actually astounding.

exYle

And buffed the damage of each wave of his shot (of which there are 4) from 16 to 20 (40 for a Crit).

Boop also does more damage.

Each wave from Lucio is equal damage to a shot from Mercy's pistol now.

If all 4 waves per shot hit the body, it's as much damage as Ana did pre-nerf.

Source?

i don't think torb should get a hammer increase, he shouldn't be able to heal his turret through focus fire considering his turret does the same damage regardless of it's health

Ramirez

I mean our Lucio went Winston and threw himself off the map for the entire game because someone picked attack Junkrat.

Lik won't play comp at all if you play a hero you don't have practice with.

They are always the first to be blamed, even im guilty of calling out Buttchins Sombra if it feels like our damage output is ass.

And no one wants to be the guy, and let down the group. Sometimes it'd be fun to just play different heroes in a six stack, but losing means it's 100% your fault and you just cost all your friends their SR.

Easier to just pick Tracer, win or lose.

Y'all never invite me anymore. ;_;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And whilst they are dealing with your turret, they aren't healing their team. That's the whole point.

and whilst you are repairing your turret, you arent shooting the enemy team or throwing out armor. which are far more valuable as turret damage is extremely low by itself

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

hanamura_zarya_18-102vbkfi.png

hanamura_zarya_277-10obkht.png

Her best outfit yet but of course it's for HOTS only.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's also a new Genji skin for Heroes, but I suspect it would not be the collab one since it's obviously just something that was planned as a Master Skin at one point. (Master Skins keep the general look of the character, but make them spikier).

genjio4u63.png

pizzacat

Banned
isnt it weird how 2 dumb changes in a row have been put on ptr then put into game

and the first one (bastion) got patched

why have feedback of a ptr be bad and still put something in the game

the 2cp thing is still nonsense to me, you have literal marks on your cp meter and you ignore those? why?

There's also a new Genji skin for Heroes, but I suspect it would not be the collab one since it's obviously just something that was planned as a Master Skin at one point. (Master Skins keep the general look of the character, but make them spikier).

https://abload.de/img/genjio4u63.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ok this one looks dumb lol

Anne

Vote on which day this weekend we do in house. Time block will arbitrarily be decided by myself after asking around in discord. Expect 4-6PM EST as the timeframe for it to start.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12766971

I'm also planning on setting up a night where I teach comps and map strats to people in the discord. I'd prefer to do that a later time since it's kinda on me. I'll be doing it every now and again probably, but don't expect it to be a regular thing like the in-house.

Village

genjio4u63.png

Give Me this kamen rider/ Tiger and Bunny shit

Owzers

I will secure my place as a Mercy main, who only plays Mercy and when asked to switch goes symmetra, by getting a golden weapon. im pretty sure I'm Rein all the time since it's the only gold weapon I have.

This was the same plan I had with Orisa though...

I'm jonesing for a new animated short. Pharah doing some Iron Man stunts on a mission, Junkrat and Roadhog plundering some shit, Zarya training montage evoking Ivan Drago and the actually fighting a bear or a robot or a robot bear (hacked by sombra?)

I just want cool animations

I will secure my place as a Mercy main, who only plays Mercy and when asked to switch goes symmetra, by getting a golden weapon. im pretty sure I'm Rein all the time since it's the only gold weapon I have.

This was the same plan I had with Orisa though...

The time has passed. You will be a rectangle main forever.

I'm jonesing for a new animated short. Pharah doing some Iron Man stunts on a mission, Junkrat and Roadhog plundering some shit, Zarya training montage evoking Ivan Drago and the actually fighting a bear or a robot or a robot bear (hacked by sombra?)

I just want cool animations

Doomfist E3 believe.

Mercys shouldnt be rezzing if a fight is won unless momentum is sorely needed.

komaruR

I totally agree with QP being practice mode for different heroes, that what it is for me too.

But I also find it completely unplayable and hardly any practice at all. You're finally trying out Orisa, your team has no healer, enemy has no healer, no team fights at all just constant trickle. It doesn't feel anything like a real game, so is it actually practice?

It hits this sweet spot of not really being anything. I find it mind numbingly boring most of the time, even in a group it's still going to be a complete garbage team comp, so unlike anything you would ever play in comp that it is meaningless.

If someone in the Gaf group wanted to play Orisa, Sombra, etc. I can't tell them to play more in QP, that's useless. I would tell them to tell us beforehand, and armed with that knowledge we will try to make a team that fits the character better in comp.

QP is good for a warmup to make sure your aim isn't awful before the first comp game. Other than that it is garbage.
Perhaps the inhouse party is good for that. People can freely use any heroes but still have the mentality to try to win games on both teams. in qp, you get a mix bag where you are trying to play seriously with a new hero but just takes one of the player from yours or enemy to ruin the seriousness.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

Lucio's old base damage was 16 and the buff was 25%, so 16->20.
lol, i thought bliz only buffed the projectile speed and not dmg.
better than genji m1 now?

Top Bottom