• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

That number does not represent skill
Fair enough lol. Though my team usually ends up getting wrecked when against people in that range, which sucks.

Also also: how reasonable wou it be for me to shell out for like 100, maybe more Lootboxes to get what i want for the event.

Don't think i like any of the past event skins nearly as much as i like some of these.

Just give me D.va stuff Blizz :(

exYle

Fair enough lol. Though my team usually ends up getting wrecked when against people in that range, which sucks.

Also also: how reasonable wou it be for me to shell out for like 100, maybe more Lootboxes to get what i want for the event.

Don't think i like any of the past event skins nearly as much as i like some of these.

Just give me D.va stuff Blizz :(

Time spent playing is a warning of potential skill, but not necessarily proof. If you're getting matched up with high level bad guys often, it means you're doing pretty good, or the matchmaking system is still trying to find your proper place.

Also - you gotta start somewhere getting burned by loot boxes. Might as well do it during an event with cool skins

Time spent playing is a warning of potential skill, but not necessarily proof. If you're getting matched up with high level bad guys often, it means you're doing pretty good, or the matchmaking system is still trying to find your proper place.

Also - you gotta start somewhere getting burned by loot boxes. Might as well do it during an event with cool skins
My KDR as D.va was like 14/4 but its gone down to 13/4.8. no idea if that's "good" but yeah. I mostly only play her and had some great games where id go 26/5 and get play of the game often. But my last few hours have been pretty shitty now that i get matched up against other D.va's that are just as good as me like every game.

As for lootboxes, i got 20 and ended up with 1 legendary. If the pity timer thing is true it cant be that bad right...
Right?
if i get some shit like Lucio, Zarya or Mei ill cry

The crushing realization that I may not get a single event skin (let alone a good one) is becoming bigger by the day.

Especially since my pity timer reset 2 boxes ago with gold frog Lucio when I already had Ribbit.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Still would 100% prefer a PC version but don't have the money for a PC that can run it (well, don't want to spend the money)

The meme of the $300 PC based on newegg deals or whatever is nonexistent in Japan.

iosa

I don't play a lot these days but I managed to get Tracer and Zarya skins so I'm pretty happy

I didn't get a single emote though, so I might buy some.

Cappa

Banned
Unless you're god-like with Mei, don't play her in Comp. Been fucked over too many times cuz of her fucking walls. Thanks for blocking my Ult. Thanks for blocking me from killing off someone. Thanks for blocking me from escaping.
I've saved more people from ults with my ice wall than actually killing off anyone or messing up someone's ult.

Yeah there are times I misplace a wall and I block in teammates to a reaper ult but the fact that I had enough awareness to attempt to wall off the reaper to save the team is enough. The best is when these people die and make it seem like it my fault as of they actually had a chance to live lol.

I love to play Mei with someone like Owzers because he knows how to use my ice walls to charge in and get kills.

The only time I don't bring an ice wall down fast enough is when I put one up and die since it doesn't let you cancel when you're still spawning.

Mei has been pretty irrelevant for me this past season though due to the dive meta. Really miss playing her because she's still the most fun to me to play as and I think I do a good job anytime I play with her. I think I have a 60% win rate with her combining qp and comp seasons.

HotHamBoy

My 2 friends and I used the Free Weekend and played together quite a bit. Was pretty fun.

We each leveled up a lot since we were starting from zero and between the 3 of us not a single event skin was acquired from loot boxes. For that matter, no one got any skins that weren't blue.

Suffice to say, I will never spend money on loot boxes with those odds.

I'd probably spend a few bucks on the skins I wanted, though, but they're all timed!

I have been pretty critical of Street Fighter V's handling of DLC skins as $4 each was a huge increase over the 4 for $5 of SF4, but I think the loot boxes are worse.

maomaoIYP

Mei stuff
I played Mei in an off season comp game last night, it's my first real game of Mei since season 1. It was KotH and we were in round 5, losing 95-99. Somehow we team wipe them, so I ult-ed right in front of their spawn, trapping them and securing the win. I was gold elims with 44-11. It was fun as hell and I miss playing Mei so much but unfortunately I just wouldn't play her during real season either. 😔

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Mei owns in comp on the right maps. Does suck for dive though, I guess.

Also got a 10 minute suspension for leaving comp after someone on our team left and the timer ran out? Never had that happen during the season but others have been complaining about that as well.

jengo

Going to use "off season" to try different aiming modes. Too bad linear ramp is still broken. Blizzard pls.

edit

lol someone was destroying as various DPS classes in quick play so I sent a sarcastic "which keyboard and mouse adapter are you using :^)" and got this reply

IyFSVGX.png

Madman.

I'm also playing in Japan, so PC is out of my budget to set up and play on. I've been eyeing those mouse/keyboard adapters at my local gameshop, but yeah...15,000yen is a tough pill to swallow for proper controls. Maybe if the price drops, or I find a cheap one used...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm also playing in Japan, so PC is out of my budget to set up and play on. I've been eyeing those mouse/keyboard adapters at my local gameshop, but yeah...15,000yen is a tough pill to swallow for proper controls. Maybe if the price drops, or I find a cheap one used...

Japan-too-poor-for-PC squad.

Don't give in!!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Salty fuck comp mode is worse

Actually I guess it depends on the mood. I like comp and never touch quickplay during the season but I can see it being okay to mess around in. I've been playing characters I don't touch in comp either so the opportunity is good.

But sometimes it seems like just a waste of time. Not that you need to play to win in QP but some of these comps, lol. Oh well at least the maps are shorter.

Banzai

What are some tips going into season 5?
I'm a flexpicker but this season I will try to get into dps positions more often. If Overbuffed is anything to go by my winrate with dps is 70% and with support 40%, and I play support 3 times as much as dps. Everything is obviously to blame on my sucky dps randoms. Q.E.D.

Jellie

I'll trust Seagull and other pro players :) It's literally the one single thing Reaper does. Thanks for the input though.
So when is reaper used by pros? I've only ever seen him picked Anubis B on defence and that's rarely done. When was the last time he was used above 5%? S2. What was s3? The tank meta. Why wasn't he used to counter the tank meta then? :)

ISOM

So when is reaper used by pros? I've only ever seen him picked Anubis B on defence and that's rarely done. When was the last time he was used above 5%? S2. What was s3? The tank meta. Why wasn't he used to counter the tank meta then? :)

Reaper does counter tanky comps it's just he gets countered by so much that there are better picks than him in almost every situation.

Jellie

Reaper does counter tanky comps it's just he gets countered by so much that there are better picks than him in almost every situation.
What about when teams were running quad tank with two support? No soldier to kill him. Hog can hook him or just shoot him and dva can dm everything he does and can beat him 1 v 1 anyway. The armour most tanks have is very effective against reapers shotguns too.

Anne

Tanky comps actually counter Reaper too. Dumpster fire tier character. Only usable for gimmicks really.

Anybody saying otherwise is just being optimistic about the game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I like watching Hollywood play out, can APEX teams stop holding the first point please :(

built mine for 3,500yen more than it would have cost to make in USA #mustbenice

no idea there were several other OW players here on gaf japan side.

Sell me yours and build a new one pls.

edit: lol they're running reaper obviously just for the gimmickblossom. The memes were true.

LiK

Yesterday I said it was very hard to get 4 kills with McCree's Ult.

Today I finally did it. In Mystery Heroes...

Go bollocks!

lol, if you're serious about that trophy, you should just play QP with him until you get it. You might even become really good with McCree as a result.

Anne

Speak it into existence.

Reaper+Sombra. It's been a gimmick in Korean Challenger for a couple weeks. You just force Reaper to sit on a hacked medkit and look for EMP > Deathblossom. Stuff like that is basically the only viable way people have ran him in months as far as tournaments go.

The other gimmicks all involve similar shit. You basically stuff Reaper somewhere and try to farm up ults to throw him into a team fight. There aren't many other ways to get him into a fight :T

lol, if you're serious about that trophy, you should just play QP with him until you get it. You might even become really good with McCree as a result.

Nah, I don't really care about achievements. Just thought it funny having said that yesterday and then getting 4 kills with it when it doesn't count.

I decided to save 5 boxes and open them at once. Two of those boxes had 4 duplicates. One had 3 dupes, and the other two had 2. Disgusting.
Did get the new Genji skin though, so there's that. Finally got a skin.

Gaaraz

Guys is there a way to sell Loot Boxes etc like you can in TF2/Dota/CS etc? It'd be amazing to sell them to other people and get a discount on the price of the game :D

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Reaper+Sombra. It's been a gimmick in Korean Challenger for a couple weeks. You just force Reaper to sit on a hacked medkit and look for EMP > Deathblossom. Stuff like that is basically the only viable way people have ran him in months as far as tournaments go.

The other gimmicks all involve similar shit. You basically stuff Reaper somewhere and try to farm up ults to throw him into a team fight. There aren't many other ways to get him into a fight :T

The old deathblossom drop down from the last point on King's Row also happened during some match last week. It seemed okay as long as you get the mercy + others.

LiK

Guys, I remember back when people took Reaper seriously and people were serious about maining him. I don't miss those days.

Top Bottom