• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Comparing the longest charging ult in the game to the shortest. Sure grav is strong and game winning but requires follow up and takes a long time to charge up and has easier counterplay. Genji has counterplay to his ultimate. Both of these ults take much more skill and thought than rez. Mercys counterplay is kill her first or save ults which is harder to organise in a solo queue environment.

True enough, not gonna argue with that.

If they plan to nerf Mercy, then maybe they should do some sort of quality of life change for Ana exclusively to consoles (Just like the Symmetra/Torb turret nerfs we had). Even in GM/Top 500 games, I see people telling others to switch off Ana because they don't find her reliable compared to a Mercy+Zen or Lucio.

Especially due to the fact in most random games its damn hard enough just getting one healer (Which Mercy can fill well by herself). Nerfing her would fuck up way more things than it would fix in the short term. Zen can't solo heal, and Lucio's range is way too short to reliably solo heal. Ana is the only other option and she's waaaaaaay too technical/skill based for most players.

Anne

As an aside, we're still a year into the game and people say things like "just press Q to win." With that still being a common enough mindset it's no wonder people can't figure out Mercy lol

Revert Boop back to its old way and either increase the CD on Amp it Up or nerf Ult charge.

Ult charge nerf basically has to happen sooner or later. After that I'd target Amp more than anything. I kinda like new boop but I kinda don't. It's cool to have a super strong "fuck off" button, but it is insanely strong for environmental kills :T

X-Frame

Who's ready for Comp tomorrow? I know I am.

Also, totally got used to my new Scuf controller's sticks so my aiming has been on point again. It was a bit shaky the first few days after I got it but all good now. Need to stack up.

I thought you were joking about S5 starting already. I thought seasons were separated by some time off .. this is great for me thought I didn't want to wait a month.

LAM09

Comparing the longest charging ult in the game to the shortest. Sure grav is strong and game winning but requires follow up and takes a long time to charge up and has easier counterplay. Genji has counterplay to his ultimate. Both of these ults take much more skill and thought than rez. Mercys counterplay is kill her first or save ults which is harder to organise in a solo queue environment.

Sums it up well

Jellie

Revert Boop back to its old way and either increase the CD on Amp it Up or nerf Ult charge.
Blizzard always fuck up ult charge. They never consider it when they increase dps or healing causing faster ults. Boop is real stupid right now. Agree with both nerfs.

Anne

For people who haven't experienced it, Lucio is consistently getting his ult first or second out of spawn right now. High level Lucio players are abusing the shit out of him for that, which is the main reason he's bonkers tier again.

pizzacat

Banned
For people who haven't experienced it, Lucio is consistently getting his ult first or second out of spawn right now. High level Lucio players are abusing the shit out of him for that, which is the main reason he's bonkers tier again.
I had 3 games yesterday where I was getting like 80% on first fight

I didn't realize there was a consecutive match bonus and have been leaving after every match for 30 levels now.

Even now that I know I do it sometimes by reflex.

If Mercy's Ultimate is ever decreased to the satisfaction of those that complain, then Overwatch really will become a press Q to win game. The real problem is defense getting such a strong advantage at the end of several maps. You can crush an uncoordinated team all the way to the final stretch, and lose without an enemy Mercy even in play.

If Mercy's Ultimate is ever decreased to the satisfaction of those that complain, then Overwatch really will become a press Q to win game. The real problem is defense getting such a strong advantage at the end of several maps. You can crush an uncoordinated team all the way to the final stretch, and lose without an enemy Mercy even in play.

This problem has definitely gotten better with the draw changes, not sure what else they could do besides changing the design of the maps or decreasing respawn time more maybe?

I don't think they should change mercy, there needs to be other good healer options besides ana if a team has to run one solo...

I can play Ana well enough on console (imo) to justify the pick. Its just that people don't like to fight as a team in solo que and your teammates are just all over the place doing god knows what.

Because of that, I tend to just stick to her on maps with chokes that your team naturally groups around.

My KDR as D.va was like 14/4 but its gone down to 13/4.8. no idea if that's "good" but yeah. I mostly only play her and had some great games where id go 26/5 and get play of the game often. But my last few hours have been pretty shitty now that i get matched up against other D.va's that are just as good as me like every game.

As for lootboxes, i got 20 and ended up with 1 legendary. If the pity timer thing is true it cant be that bad right...
Right?
if i get some shit like Lucio, Zarya or Mei ill cry

Keep in mind "KDR" doesn't really exist in Overwatch. If four players contribute to the death of an enemy each one gets an elimination.

This basically means that when you go 26/5 you are contributing to 5 deaths each time you spawn.

I can play Ana well enough on console (imo) to justify the pick. Its just that people don't like to fight as a team in solo que and your teammates are just all over the place doing god knows what.

Because of that, I tend to just stick to her on maps with chokes that your team naturally groups around.

This is the same logic I use, if I'm using her solo it's usually when defending or pushing a choke point, sometimes payload because in my mind logically people should be gathered around it...should be.

Prelude.

There's no way Mystery Heroes is random. It can't be that every time it's either a joke or impossible. I still have to win one single game today, and my last one had 4 widows.

LiK

Let them be magical while letting me get the 3 weekly lootboxes without having to do play them though

I think the fact that wins are the only ways to progress towards the lootbox is the main issue. I think they should allow just played games for the first two blips and then the third requires a win.

Ramirez

Mystery Heroes wouldn't be so bad if they locked out multiple same characters and made sure one type of hero was in play at all times.

randome

Is it advisable to wait to do placements when a new season starts? If yes, how long?

2 or 3 days. Just absolutely avoid day 1 placements. Season 3 day 1 I had a teammate called trollbjorn who torbed on an koth map, and just jumped off the cliff all game. Another game I had a sym on koth making teles near ledges and watching people fall to their death

That's ridiculous. Thank for the info! This season I think I waited like a week or so.

LiK

That's ridiculous. Thank for the info! This season I think I waited like a week or so.

Well, it's not just trolls. The hardcore players will all jump in as soon as it's open cuz they wanna play and you kinda want them to get their placements done so you don't get matched against them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mystery Heroes isn't so bad. Yes, there is some times were RNG is clearly not on your team side (and those times, games tend to be quick), but getting wins isn't that hard. I already got my first 3 yesterday and I didn't play that much(maybe enough to gain one lvl).

LiK

Mystery Heroes is a fun mode to chill in. If you're playing it seriously for lootboxes then that's not gonna make you enjoy it.

Prelude.

It's the most tilting thing in the game. It's so skewed that if I know I'm winning I can keep playing even when I have garbage internet because I can keep winning even like that.
They had an actually fun mode called "all brawls" and they removed it.

Mystery Heroes is a fun mode to chill in. If you're playing it seriously for lootboxes then that's not gonna make you enjoy it.

/thinks back to last night.

Well yeah that's probably why a lot of us didn't enjoy it.

On a side note I lost like six 3v3 games in a row last night fuck anyone who ever tries to play Torb in every round.

LiK

/thinks back to last night.

Well yeah that's probably why a lot of us didn't enjoy it.

On a side note I lost like six 3v3 games in a row last night fuck anyone who ever tries to play Torb in every round.

We kinda stomped in that game we were in. I had fun.

NeoRaider

Fucking finally!!!

Y7XvPZY.png

It's something i guess. But i still think that this skin would be perfect fit for Sombra not Tracer.

Chance

Fucking finally!!!

Y7XvPZY.png

It's something i guess. But i still think that this skin would be perfect fit for Sombra not Tracer.

Grats!

I'm kinda' surprised to say this, but to me Graffiti is neck and neck with Rose. I usually swap out event skins once the event ends (why use Jingle after the holidays?), but I may keep Graffiti. Just wish the guns looked cooler.

The only downside to the skin (beyond the guns) is that you can't see how happy her facial expressions are when she Charlestons.

TK-421

I'd like to get a golden weapon for my Overwatch characters, but I've never played competitive before. Do I have a realistic chance of getting one if I'm an average at best player?

Prelude.

I'd like to get a golden weapon for my Overwatch characters, but I've never played competitive before. Do I have a realistic chance of getting one if I'm an average at best player?
If you play enough, yes. You get 800 points at the end of the season if you get to platinum (plat is above average but still) and every comp game gives you a few as well.

Top Bottom