• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Not without converters. And even with such it's nothing like m/k on PC.
Yeah, the PC version is way different than the console which favors controls.
It's pretty expensive but it's possible. Usually when someone accuses you of it they're just mad you have better aim than them.

Oh they were salty alright. I was on fire throughout that whole match. I must have taken out half the team. I've grown to be really good with Soldier in competitive.

Nerf the ult charge as much as you want, but don't touch the boop.

I spent all of last season becoming really good with Lucio, going from a win rate or 30% to 53%, not saying that's amazing, but when I started I REALLY sucked. He's easily the most fun character. And while he is very good and basically an essential pick, it's not so much in a "he breaks the game" way.

Although I'm bias of course.

jviggy43

Oh no that Zen totally deserved those votes guys.

NeoRaider

3v3 is a shit mode.

Surprisingly i won my 3v3 games very easy today. Lost only few. I got all 3 boxes by winning 3v3 and some games were really fun.

I am happy with the changes they made to 3v3. Now it's... enjoyable. And fastest way for me to get 3 Arcade boxes (i am almost completely ignoring Arcade when there are no events).

hesido

Oh no that Zen totally deserved those votes guys.

Yeah, support love on the voting can sometimes be embarrassing.

Btw, I had a chance to visit Quickplay off season, after a long time. People's near absolute lack of interest on the objective is amazing, sort of.

I like how Total Mayhem turns Junkrat into a frog leaping nightmare. He feels like a different character with how you can chain detonation jumps as you land while raining nades.

Btw, I had a chance to visit Quickplay off season, after a long time. People's near absolute lack of interest on the objective is amazing, sort of.

Whenever I play solo queue QP on payload maps I routinely get cards for 2-3+ minutes of objective time. Mostly because the rest of my team and the enemy team are off doing God knows what.

One match on Dorado I danced as Junkrat from the first spawn all the way to almost the first checkpoint and only got contested at the very end.

Prelude.

Well, I got 3 arcade wins at the same time as leveling up so I found Mei Beekeeper and Undersea Winston in one box, and Oasis Symmetra in the other one.

komaruR

*** LET's PLAY A GUESSING GAME GAF. ***
PLEASE PUT SPOILER ON YOUR ANSWER!!

I got an off season gameplay.

Attack on Hanamura Point A:
Here's the player ranks

Here's the team comp.

Guess what I will choose in this team comp for attacking?
Hints (My thoughts on picking X hero):
-Not gonna bother asking team to switch their heros. Assuming the 2 randoms are stubborn like the real seasons.
*thus the team is grounded and not flanker type
-Assuming enemy will have a Rein
*What can we do about the choke?
-It's a Platinum game. Anything should work, right?

If you have taken your guess. Review the below spoilers.

Answer is:
CRZTFst.png

Junkrat
Why?
-I want a hero that can spam dmg at the choke/break enemy's rein shield quick.
-Gotta do it out of line of sight.
-Don't want rein or it will be a staring.stalling game.

-------------------------------------------
Attack Point B:
So we went our way to attacking Point B with the following comp vs enemy comp

It didn't work out. What should I switch to next?
-Need a hero that has potential to 1 vs many
*High DPS
-Want precision
-Enemy comp is squishy + 1 tank.

Answer is:
Uxj9S9K.png

Your's Truly, Bastion
I was counting on my ult to do bunch of killing but didn't happen. Still killed their turret atleast.
Turret mode is still stronk!

For those who are curious to wanna watch the whole gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZQr95-Sm4&t=26m10s
For higher quality because YT compression is crap: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147970604?t=26m10s

Nekrono

*** LET's PLAY A GUESSING GAME GAF. ***
I got an off season gameplay.

Attack on Hanamura Point A:
Here's the player ranks

Here's the team comp.

Guess what I will choose in this team comp for attacking?
-Not gonna bother asking team to switch their heros. Assuming the 2 randoms are stubborn like the real seasons.
*thus the team is grounded and not flanker type
-Assuming enemy will have a Rein
*What can we do about the choke?
-It's a Platinum game. Anything should work, right?

If you have taken your guess. Review the below spoilers.

Answer is:

-------------------------------------------
Attack Point B:
So we went our way to attacking Point B with the following comp vs enemy comp

It didn't work out. What should I switch to next?
-Need a hero that has potential to 1 vs many
*High DPS
-Want precision
-Enemy comp is squishy + 1 tank.

Answer is:

For those who are curious to wanna watch the whole gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZQr95-Sm4&t=26m10s
For higher quality because YT compression is crap: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147970604?t=26m10s

Both Junkrat and Bastion were wrong picks, especially Bastion since you have 0 barriers to protect him and not even a Mercy to at least attempt at keeping you alive.

Looking at the enemy comp you should've have gone with Mei or Pharah, Mei to wall the choke, split them and get some picks to break in or Pharah to flank and pick the Torb's turret and Hanzo then harass the choke, at the very least maybe even Winston to disrupt their backline and cause the choke defense to break up.

lupinko

They extended the 35% sale to the 7th (two days before the $100 spent get $15 back deal, jerks), is that the best discount I can expect from Blizzard for OW?

komaruR

B
oth Junkrat and Bastion were wrong picks, especially Bastion
since you have 0 barriers to protect him and not even a Mercy to at least attempt at keeping you alive.

Looking at the enemy comp you should've have gone with Mei or Pharah, Mei to wall the choke, split them and get some picks to break in or Pharah to flank and pick the Torb's turret and Hanzo then harass the choke, at the very least maybe even Winston to disrupt their backline and cause the choke defense to break up.

put spoiler tag please for the answers i chose.
Answering your claims:
Anyway, to answer why i didnt got pharah. I've played many games on hanamura as pharah before. Usually depending on how their torb is placed, its a pain in the butt to shoot without have a mercy pocketing. Now as I mention, assuming the team wont change heros. You're gonna be a solo pharah. There's even a potential the enemy got mccree or soldier.

Now if you do kill the torb + turret, then what? assuming they dont got soldier and mccree. Can you kill a rein with it being pocket? Can you kill a gaurdian angel'ing Mercy without any retalliation?
So my train of thought is, we gotta do something about the rein and go thru the choke with the grounded team comp we got. Thus I went junkrat at point A.

Also, playing mei at first point to try get a daigonal wall to trap someone is a bit iffy. You need line of sight and since no rein in our team, it means I'm vulnerable when positioning the wall.

Point B, oh boy, pharah is not too good going those windows with torb turret or if they got hit scan again. I'm not my first rodeo. Pharah attacking point B got way too many obstacle to overcome.
My train of thought, get my ult as bastion and go ham on their comp or if your team goes in first and act as a distraction. you can appear later on the mid top platform and try to mow down their team. I've done that before and I know it dont always work but its risk I wanna take and try.

Lastly, this is a Platinum level game.

jviggy43

Both Junkrat and Bastion were wrong picks, especially Bastion since you have 0 barriers to protect him and not even a Mercy to at least attempt at keeping you alive.

^^^^

On offense you needed another tank and if you wanted to go something that could flank, diva or winston would have given your team a much needed boost to "damage taken" while also giving you the ability to still push from chokes and flank from the left.

Five gold medals on that Roadhog?

Good gracious what a stomp!

Yeah but I didn't get the defensive assists score card so....no love.

lol

komaruR

^^^^

On offense you needed another tank and if you wanted to go something that could flank, diva or winston would have given your team a much needed boost to "damage taken" while also giving you the ability to still push from chokes and flank from the left.

Yeah but I didn't get the defensive assists score card so....no love.

lol

I've stated my reasoning. We got grounded comp. Assuming they not changing (You know like if you solo comp and they not changing). Your winston and dva goes in from high. Guess what will happen to your support and dps at the other end? Doesn't look good isnt it?

Gorillaz

They extended the 35% sale to the 7th (two days before the $100 spent get $15 back deal, jerks), is that the best discount I can expect from Blizzard for OW?
PC or console?

I think it goes on sale on of more then console but yea I haven't heard it lower then 30 something from all the biggest stores and usual places.

jviggy43

I've stated my reasoning. We got grounded comp. Assuming they not changing (You know like if you solo comp and they not changing). Your winston and dva goes in from high. Guess what will happen to your support and dps at the other end? Doesn't look good isnt it?

If anyone is pushing you from the back your roadhog should be punishing them for being out of position unless their whole team pushes, in which case youre flanking from the back to pick off their support heroes anyway. Between Mcree, Soldier and Hog, you had enough dps to take down barriers where an attack junkrat was superfluous-that should be more than enough dps output. If you didn't want a flanker type, zarya would have also been better than a rein if youre worried about a standoff, but really as you said, your team already went grounded so why would that matter anyway? You had a pretty optimal 2-2-2 set up there, I'd say you over thought what was needed to give your team an optimal shot at pushing.

lupinko

PC or console?

I think it goes on sale on of more then console but yea I haven't heard it lower then 30 something from all the biggest stores and usual places.

I'm obviously talking about console because pc stores iirc never do Spend $100, get $15 back, since that's a Sony thing.

I can get the game cheaper physically because I still have buddies that work at actiblizz but I want digital.

The PC version unfortunately is a no go at the moment because 1) my pc is from 2010 2) I'm locked out of my Bnet account and my SC2 and WOW cdkeys are in storage across the Pacific Ocean from me currently.

A D.va on my team in Eichenwald got POTG by first using self-destruct to kill two. Next, she called down her meka, it landed on enemy D.va meka nearby, and somehow that pushed her off the bridge

I was watching from afar as Hanzo, and that was one of the most bizarre kills I have ever seen. It wasn't a rocket boost or anything, it just fell on her and somehow pushed her off. Too bad I can't record things on my PC.

komaruR

If anyone is pushing you from the back your roadhog should be punishing them for being out of position unless their whole team pushes, in which case youre flanking from the back to pick off their support heroes anyway. Between Mcree, Soldier and Hog, you had enough dps to take down barriers where an attack junkrat was superfluous-that should be more than enough dps output. If you didn't want a flanker type, zarya would have also been better than a rein if youre worried about a standoff, but really as you said, your team already went grounded so why would that matter anyway? You had a pretty optimal 2-2-2 set up there, I'd say you over thought what was needed to give your team an optimal shot at pushing.

well, if I play rein. its gonna be a stand off of two team trying to break each other shield. how long would it take to even make a move?
I just wanted to speed it up, on breaking the enemy shield.
anyway, just to assure you. I am flexibilty and I would switch if it didnt work.

jviggy43

well, if I play rein. its gonna be a stand off of two team trying to break each other shield. how long would it take to even make a move?
I just wanted to speed it up, on breaking the enemy shield.

I think Mcree Soldier and hog would bu more than enough to break down any barriers such as a rein or the like. If that isn't enough someone needs to tell them to focus a bit more on it if its an issue, or you could always start the engagement with a charge once mercy has res or something. I wouldn't be afraid of standoff's unless you know for a fact your dps output is going to be poor or that teammates wont follow up when you break those barriers down.

komaruR

I think Mcree Soldier and hog would bu more than enough to break down any barriers such as a rein or the like. If that isn't enough someone needs to tell them to focus a bit more on it if its an issue, or you could always start the engagement with a charge once mercy has res or something. I wouldn't be afraid of standoff's unless you know for a fact your dps output is going to be poor or that teammates wont follow up when you break those barriers down.

but here's the thing tho. we can't control how other players do their job. ppl can be stubborn or just bad in Plat or other ranks.
It's more thinking about how yourself can get things done. If I got rein, I feel like my destiny is under your teams hand on if they can break rein shield or not. What if the enemy break my shield first? I'm just trying to take the initiative here, instead being passive.

This is a great decision we're having tho. The sole reason I made the post was to have some kind of group decision and also guessing what I did to get things done. :p
Your decision is not wrong too and I did thought of those possibility which still in the end I chose what I choose to have a more active role rather than passive one.

but here's the thing tho. we can't control how other players do their job. ppl can be stubborn or just bad in Plat or other ranks.
It's more thinking about how yourself can get things done. If I got rein, I feel like my destiny is under your teams hand on if they can break rein shield or not. What if the enemy break my shield first? I'm just trying to take the initiative here, instead being passive.

This is a great decision we're having anyway tho. The should reason I made the post was to have some kind of group decision and also guessing what I did to get things done. :p

Playing devil's advocate here, if you have no trust in your team to get anything done you could severely hamper your team comp and overall team chemistry

jviggy43

This is a great decision we're having anyway tho. The should reason I made the post was to have some kind of group decision and also guessing what I did to get things done. :p

Haha indeed. I would say, as bad as randoms are, give them a chance and then you can change things up from there if theyre holding you back. Another thing to keep in mind, roadhog should be all over that rein the second his shield goes down and theres your pick and victory over a standoff.

komaruR

Playing devil's advocate here, if you have no trust in your team to get anything done you could severely hamper your team comp and overall team chemistry

I am trusting them. thats why im playing around them but just that i wanna play a more impact-ful role. For example of my attitude is trying to get 70% things done and hopefully the 30% of work is completed by them instead of 50/50.
junkrat
is not hail mary, its way too hard to get some picks with him. my job is to open the choke and let my team go in. never once at point A i thought I can take them on 1v6 with what I selected lol.

Plus without the rein shield, its free game on trading kills. now guess who got the spawn advantage on point A? :D

I do thank everyone who read my post and responded. Now I don't feel like being ignored :p Makes me happy!
7t7xvhw.gif

Grinded out the arcade loot with Pinku and Owzers in 3v3 Started off horribly, but we got better as time went on. And I actually didn't hate it. It's not so bad with everyone trying and the games go quick.

I'll be back for the start of comp tomorrow, we'll make a 6 stack for placements.

Top Bottom