• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Owzers

I wanted to win that Eich game, I could have declared myself a Zarya pro but our defense just couldn't keep them back. I will settle for being a Mercy and Rein pro. 3 games played and no Orisa for me...

Also it's possible I would have made that first charge as Rein, hard to tell when I'm not him. The charge on defense though that he made past the choke I probably wouldn't have done, that doomed us.

I was kicking ass with Pharah, I'll have you know.

I believe in you!

Hopefully we can play together this weekend, P5 is almost here.

I wanted to win that Eich game, I could have declared myself a Zarya pro but our defense just couldn't keep them back. I will settle for being a Mercy and Rein pro. 3 games played and no Orisa for me...

Also it's possible I would have made that first charge as Rein, hard to tell when I'm not him. The charge on defense though that he made past the choke I probably wouldn't have done, that doomed us.

Ugh that type of Rein :\

One of those rare nights where the games in Competitive were actually better overall than Quickplay - had a 5-stack of GAF in QP and the one random was a Winston who would just jump into the enemy team and say hello. One random. And the other team was a six-stack. Argh!

Here is the comp game that I thought we did pretty well on attack wise... I was with Batman, Owzers and Pollux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg5ueS-zC_k

Sucks that we ended up losing the match... I blame our random Rein.

This was a good match. Too bad my internet went laggy during defense and I had to switch to Lucio instead of Ana - although not sure it would have helped.

Also kicking myself I didn't save our attack round on Anubis - I was at peak performance as Winston in that game. Probably one of the best rounds I've ever played as him. The shield buff is real and helps a ton.

Why was Owzers playing Zarya and batman Pharah? Why are you guys throwing?

Poor randoms.

I loved when the random Rein charged into his death and Pollux said "no Owzers" loool

Yeah I'm just used to either me being Rein or Owzers being Rein. It was reflex - I even usually call people by characters instead to prevent that sort of thing but Owzers = Rein in my head apparently.

Every match I've had so far with Owzers, I have failed him.

I'm more upset that I played as Orisa twice and lost both times. I'm never going to prove I'm better at Orisa than Owzers at this rate!

Owzers

One of those rare nights where the games in Competitive were actually better overall than Quickplay - had a 5-stack of GAF in QP and the one random was a Winston who would just jump into the enemy team and say hello. One random. And the other team was a six-stack. Argh!

This was a good match. Too bad my internet went laggy during defense and I had to switch to Lucio instead of Ana - although not sure it would have helped.

Also kicking myself I didn't save our attack round on Anubis - I was at peak performance as Winston in that game. Probably one of the best rounds I've ever played as him. The shield buff is real and helps a ton.

Yeah I'm just used to either me being Rein or Owzers being Rein. It was reflex - I even usually call people by characters instead to prevent that sort of thing but Owzers = Rein in my head apparently.

I'm more upset that I played as Orisa twice and lost both times. I'm never going to prove I'm better at Orisa than Owzers at this rate!

Not everyone is cut out to be an Orisa main, it's okay. I failed to be Orisa all three comp games, it's just awkward trying to pick her sometimes.

WhyMe6

I'm moving to china soon, anyone know if there much a community on PS4 in the Asian region? My guess would be pretty much everyone is on PC over there...

Match waiting times can be terrible, even in what you might think are peak times. I'm talking 4 minute plus queues at like 10pm on a Thursday night or on a Sunday. But sometimes it's totally fine and matches start immediately, it's just a bit inconsistent.

LiK

Fucking hell, been trying to find a QP game for like 20 min. Keep getting kicked for not having enough players.

maomaoIYP

Despite my distaste for Widow I actually had a lot of fun last night in one of those custom Widow headshot only training on skimish matches. All the recent time I've been putting into playing Ana is actually paying off.

MG310

3-3-1 tonight.

Went up 6 points.

Had a guy who played an incredibly loud noise over his headset whenever we lost a round...I'm pretty sure I've been on a team with him before.

LiK

Well, ND and I played some QP together and won them all. Lowered Tracer sensitivity just a bit and it's much better for me now. My Rein also kicked some ass.

Edit: I have 68GB worth of video clips. Shit, time to import them lol

Well, ND and I played some QP together and won them all. Lowered Tracer sensitivity just a bit and it's much better for me now. My Rein also kicked some ass.

Edit: I have 68GB worth of video clips. Shit, time to import them lol

Yup, was also experimenting with Lucio sensitivity. Getting ready for the new dps lucio, it's going to be fun.

Zen Aku

Must be near the end of the season, nothing but trolls, throwers and people instalocking dps even though they main healers for 4 seasons straight in competitive.

I told you to send him to diamond and instead you send him to GM. SMH. He out Lucio'd you.

RUDE

I've just checked mine and I've done 62 hours in comp on PC from season 2, 3 and 4 lol. Do you even QP? lol.

If I played as much comp as I do QP, I'd definitely be masters by now (I'd hope).

I played qp a shit ton on ps4 s2 and s3 when i dropped lile 300 or 400+ sr and i said im not playing comp again lol

On PC I only play qp if im too scared to comp after having dreadful matches in hopes of not getting queued up with the same players

In the end comp players in general are still better than qp so i just stick to it.

I would have been 1-3 so far that night, but as we were about to win decisively on Route 66, someone DDOS'd the server or something, because everyone teleported around for 30 seconds, then it sent us to King's Row and we got a draw. So, instead, I was 0-3.

Next game I broke my losing streak bringing me to 1-3, and the following game was this:

gameodshe.png

We lost badly. Thanks so much, Blizzard.

Edit: It was a 3380 level game. And the Symmetra main criticized our hero choices. She never switched.

LiK

Yup, was also experimenting with Lucio sensitivity. Getting ready for the new dps lucio, it's going to be fun.

I noticed the All Heroes tab is broken. Some of my heroes were still at like 46/46 even tho I set it at 70/70 a few times but it didn't save it for all which explained why they felt so sluggish. I was fixing them between matches. Didn't notice for a while because I haven't played some of them in a while.

I noticed the All Heroes tab is broken. Some of my heroes were still at like 46/46 even tho I set it at 70/70 a few times but it didn't save it for all which explained why they felt so sluggish. I was fixing them between matches. Didn't notice for a while because I haven't played some of them in a while.

Sometimes I have problems with that too. Made some changes in the all heroes tab to use the d-pad for emotes and voice lines and it only worked with a few of them. Had to correct the others one by one, boring.

In sensitivity, let's say you have 46/46 in the all heroes tab, if you change that to 70/70 it will only affect the heroes that had that sensitivity set in their tabs. If one of them is at 50/50 for example he won't be affected.

Trickster

Christ people in my skill bracket can be dumb. Our team was down 0-2- I had mentioned a couple of times that our flankers like genji and winston should target the enemy backline because they were just allowed to heal their beefy frontline unchallenged. They didn't.

So at the start of the third round I pick Winston because he's available, and I quite easily proceed to continuously jump in and just annihilate their supports and various squishy heroes. And we end up winning the remaining 3 rounds pretty damn easily :|

LiK

Sometimes I have problems with that too. Made some changes in the all heroes tab to use the d-pad for emotes and voice lines and it only worked with a few of them. Had to correct the others one by one, boring.

In sensitivity, let's say you have 46/46 in the all heroes tab, if you change that to 70/70 it will only affect the heroes that had that sensitivity set in their tabs. If one of them is at 50/50 for example he won't be affected.

Oic, I guess I'll double check my lesser used heroes next time I play. Pretty annoying I need to fix them one by one.

karasu

Like, everyone is this thread is complaining about other players as if they themselves are never the fucking problem lol

I gained almost 200 points tonight by grouping with a Bastion-only player and pocket boosting him. I kept the rest of the team alive, too, but it was really fun to have the weight of carrying off my shoulders. Most of the games I never even died. In the games that I did die, it was almost always a Winston. If he's on me it's all over. :(

ricelord

I would have been 1-3 so far that night, but as we were about to win decisively on Route 66, someone DDOS'd the server or something, because everyone teleported around for 30 seconds, then it sent us to King's Row and we got a draw. So, instead, I was 0-3.

Next game I broke my losing streak bringing me to 1-3, and the following game was this:

Edit: It was a 3380 level game. And the Symmetra main criticized our hero choices. She never switched.

besides that plat (maybe silver?) on your team, everything look normal.

valeo

Like, everyone is this thread is complaining about other players as if they themselves are never the fucking problem lol

This is likely how they live their lives in general..

You know those assholes that fuck up at work constantly but never admit fault? Yeah, that's them. They're all up in your Overwatch.

Trickster

I obviously have off games were I perform badly. But I'm always willing to try and adapt. If someone tells me my hero isn't working well and something else would be better, I'm very open and willing to listen and adjust.

Most of the time I wait and see what we need for the team, 4/5 times that's a healer of course. Rest of the time it's a tanky hero.

Chance

Just had a zero death Eichenwald defense game on Mercy. Me, Sym, Rein, D.Va plus Mei and Orisa for DPS. Card for 59% of damage healed, they never took the payload.

The feels.

Anyone looking for a player to add to their team on Xbox? Currently 3400 and looking to finally hit grandmaster. I main D.Va. Was a Master last season solo queuing and got up to high 3700 but then went on a bad losing streak. Feel like I need to start playing with a good team if I want a chance at cracking into GM. Gamertag: EteRnal PAL

Here's a stream of my last 3 matches - https://beam.pro/eternalpal?vod=1339553

When are you guys going to invite me?

I'll be on today for sure.

5-5 in placements. 3053.

I expected lower.

You get bonus SR in the first 25 games or so.

I finished higher than you last season I think and won same amount of placements and got placed in 2700s I don't get it

I think he lost a lot of points from decay, they probably count those in a different way.

Or maybe it's just because he's batman.

New Transcendence record: 3,801

cukBmLa.png

BVseE2i.gif

Jesus. How?

Ana used her grenade so your healing was buffed, but how the hell did they accomplish so much damage in that short period? Noticed they had an Orisa, maybe Hanzo was being powered up by her ult or something (nanoboosted)?

Jellie

<3

Worst matchmaking I've had was a few days ago. Everyone is masters except two people on the enemy team. They are duo queuing together but one is still in placements and the other is gold. Match lasted 5 minutes.

Also Lw Blue vs Meta Athena in about half an hour.

Winner gets 3rd place

Janus is hospitalised so R0ar from the sister team is taking his place

_Legacy_

Did anyone else experience lag yesterday? I played with a three stack last night and two of our games had the worst lag I have ever seen in this game. It was intermittent as well, it seemed everyone in our game had the same problem.

hypernima

Banned

I think the funny thing about this statement is that I often look back at my saved videos and point out things I did right and wrong during a match. As do several other players in this thread do too I assume.

Cappa

Banned
I'll be on today for sure.

You get bonus SR in the first 25 games or so.

I think he lost a lot of points from decay, they probably count those in a different way.

Or maybe it's just because he's batman.
Play competitive with me I need to get out of where I'm at. They have been the absolute worst matches I've ever had

Top Bottom