• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I've added Winston to my set of Mains just cause he can help alot with attacking the backline obviously or protecting against good genjis.

Problem with winston is if they have an amazing roadhog...gotta switch off. Ironically, I usually don't have problems when people switch to reaper to try to counter me. it's just the really good Roadhogs man.....that Hook and shot to the face is the worst.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I feel like people that don't play Supports regularly view all supports as interchangeable. Like they don't realize it takes completely different skill sets to be good as Mercy vs good as Lucio. And that maybe the person choosing Mercy is choosing her for a reason.
Yeah, when I see someone pestering a healer to switch to a more popular healer, then I usually try to step in and defend the healer's preferred choice.

A healer on a hero he or she is way more comfortable on >>>>> that same player on a meta healer hero like Ana.

Not when buildings are in the way!
I would be okay with Mercy breaking through buildings like some kind of blonde Kool Aid Man.

Azoor

Yeah, when I see someone pestering a healer to switch to a more popular healer, then I usually try to step in and defend the healer's preferred choice.

A healer on a hero he or she is way more comfortable on >>>>> that same player on a meta healer hero like Ana.

I would be okay with Mercy breaking through buildings like some kind of blonde Kool Aid Man.

*breaks a wall*

"The Doctor is Here!"

Nimby

Banned
My Lucio win rate is 30%.

I fucking hate playing Lucio. I am so sick of the phrase "We need a Lucio", I can't even describe it

I'm pretty much a Mercy main this season because that's the character I seem to get the most done with. Zen sometimes, Ana if Mercy isn't working, Sym on Sym maps.

Gorillaz

Other then the no self damage and Seagull picking him up again more in pubs has anything changed to junkrat that would cause more usage?

Im now seeing him more often

Other then the no self damage and Seagull picking him up again more in pubs has anything changed to junkrat that would cause more usage?

Im now seeing him more often

He's good against Orisa maybe? idk, I've never not seen him "more often" tho. he's always been a pick...in Gold/Plat

ive only played abour 10 or 11 games with winston this season got 69% wr

also this happened.
X8S5bJK.png

got kicked from a match we were winning aswell :/
luckily no sr loss or ban so its atleast on blizzards side.

Haven't played in a week and queued up with a Gaffer a couple hundred SR below me and those matches were rough. I felt we pulled our weight but our teams were not getting kills or listening to callouts :/

Ah well, once I'm done with life stuff getting in the way I'll try to get back up to 2700 SR and beyond.

Do we know when the season will end yet? I wanted to put more time into OW this season and I've been doing the opposite lmao.

LiK

I'm gonna join some Gaffers for Comp if you guys are open to it. P5 is next week so I won't be playing OW much when I get it.

Sounds like something a Junkrat main would say. >.>

As a Junk main, I don't agree with this at all. You might be thinking of Reaper mains.

I'm gonna join some Gaffers for Comp if you guys are open to it. P5 is next week so I won't be playing OW much when I get it.

As a Junk main, I don't agree with this at all. You might be thinking of Reaper mains.

Ill be down for some games later. Will be home in about an hour.

exYle

Question for y'all - how would one build a team around an Orisa? I know she's not a true Rein replacement but I believe she can still be nearly as effective with the right setup.

LiK

Question for y'all - how would one build a team around an Orisa? I know she's not a true Rein replacement but I believe she can still be nearly as effective with the right setup.

Mercy and Ana are must haves, she's useless without a dedicated healer. Another Rein to protect her when the barrier goes down allows her to stay safe during the CD. Even Symm barriers can offer protection for her. Lucio speed ability is also good cuz she's slow as shit. DPS can be anyone to protect her.

Chance

I think Orisa becomes more powerful when she's part of a stack of barrier tanks (Winston, Rein). Her weapon makes approaching those barriers a far more dicey proposition. I'd pair her with at least a Rein and either Ana or Mercy as main heals, a secondary support and whatever the DPS wants to play.

Had an amazing round last night where Orisa was literally the main DPS on our team, along with a Mei lol.

LiK

Orisa is so easily killed without protection that she's a risk and anyone who plays her at Comp without properly learning her is just throwing the game. Unless you can consistently kill with her or stay alive then it's just 5v6 and I feel bad for the teams that need to deal with mediocre Orisa players in Comp.

Chance

Orisa is so easily killed without protection that she's a risk and anyone who plays her at Comp without properly learning her is just throwing the game. Unless you can consistently kill with her or stay alive then it's just 5v6 and I feel bad for the teams that need to deal with mediocre Orisa players in Comp.

Yeah, but if she can land her shots and puts in work like you expect any other player to...

Let's play some comp today. ;)

LiK

That could be ugly... it's been awhile. I'd be willing to try though.

I'm a good Lucio too though! And pretty decent with a handful of others.

Okay. My current mains in Comp are Junk, Soldier, Zen, Tracer, D.va, Lucio. So if everyone picks them, enjoy my 'good' hero picks instead.

Akuun

I think Orisa's massive gun capacity makes her very good for laying down cover fire. A Mercy pocketing her lets her do this and also become much more survivable.

As for the shield, I think she does work well with another tank helping with her shields.

You could be super cheesy and probably do something like Orisa + Rein + Bastion + Mercy in a corner to create a very well defended gun nest.

I would put Zenyatta in there for Discord orb over Mercy. With all of the shields you shouldn't need that much healing.
Yea you're probably right. On consoles in plat-diamond tier it's hard to be a consistently great healer as Ana. So Mercy seems like an almost must pick just because of the reliable heals. But yea, if the Ana could carry that weight (two massive targets, and a stationary one. she should be fine) then discord would be great in that comp.

LiK

Yea you're probably right. On consoles in plat-diamond tier it's hard to be a consistently great healer as Ana. So Mercy seems like an almost must pick just because of the reliable heals. But yea, if the Ana could carry that weight (two massive targets, and a stationary one. she should be fine) then discord would be great in that comp.

Mercy Rez is also good cuz once a Orisa and other heroes goes down, rezzing them prevents her from her slow ass run back.

I played a game vs. AI because I thought I could explore a map fully in a relaxed setting and learn all of the little tricks it involves. I mean, I'm level 130 and I just learned you can jump up some steps on Temple of Anubis. When I joined the AI match I was shocked to find that I'm on a team of REAL PEOPLE playing vs. the AI. Wut? Not only that, but these people are actually bragging about how easy it is and how good they are. I spent the entire match exploring Numbani, but I think I know that map pretty well.

Why isn't there a simple way to enter a solo map and do whatever I want alone? :-/

https://youtu.be/EYawNsOxU90

watching this, it occurs to me that Runaway just has better leadership. When Runaway loses rounds, Runner is still keeping their spirits high and saying things to keep them motivated and believing.

When Lunatic Hai loses rounds, they are just quiet and no one is stepping up to keep the team going, Theres no one to rally around.

I'm a fan of Lunatic Hai because of Miro and Ryujehong.... But this vid made me a fan of Runaway now lol

These Grand Finals should be interesting.

Akuun

https://youtu.be/EYawNsOxU90

watching this, it occurs to me that Runaway just has better leadership. When Runaway loses rounds, Runner is still keeping their spirits high and saying things to keep them motivated and believing.

When Lunatic Hai loses rounds, they are just quiet and no one is stepping up to keep the team going, Theres no one to rally around.

I'm a fan of Lunatic Hai because of Miro and Ryujehong.... But this vid made me a fan of Runaway now lol

These Grand Finals should be interesting.
WhoRU did an interview recently, and he said after losing a few rounds to Meta Athena, Ryujehong was the one to rally the team back up. https://www.invenglobal.com/overwatch/articles/1423

Top Bottom