• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

AngryMoth

The downside of using Soldier to carry myself to diamond is now I'm scared to play anyone else. Don't wanna lose my 10 game win streak I'm getting like 80 points a game right now lol

Play competitive with me I need to get out of where I'm at. They have been the absolute worst matches I've ever had

Really? That sucks, I played 6 comp games solo a few days ago and 5 were pretty decent, only 1 of them had a troll. Played really late though so that probably makes a difference.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Damn, feel bad for Meta Athena. But their run was amazing. They just need to learn to counter the top tier dive teams and then they would be unstoppable.

Cappa

Banned
Really? That sucks, I played 6 comp games solo a few days ago and 5 were pretty decent, only 1 of them had a troll. Played really late though so that probably makes a difference.
Yeah I check the career profiles and the people who are throwing are former masters who have dropped like 500 sr lol like yeah I'll get the occasional game where our team tried and we just lost because the other team was better but lots of times I've lost games because people decided to throw right from the start

Jellie

Yeah I check the career profiles and the people who are throwing are former masters who have dropped like 500 sr lol like yeah I'll get the occasional game where our team tried and we just lost because the other team was better but lots of times I've lost games because people decided to throw right from the start
Are you at either high or low end of a tier? I find there to be a lot of people who throw there since they may have reached their goal already or their peak. High diamond/low masters is pretty bad. So many people who were 3950 or GMs who give up.

Anne

Been unlucky lately and feel like I run into a rather blatant cheater like once a day now. That's hyperbole a bit, but it does feel that way. I'm saying blatant too, not "oh that guy was fishy" type stuff. More like you can watch somebody hit the aimkey in their killcam and seamlessly track heads.

f1KhteN.jpg

Soldier game was on point yesterday. Pretty good day on ladder. This season is picking up now!

Been unlucky lately and feel like I run into a rather blatant cheater like once a day now. That's hyperbole a bit, but it does feel that way. I'm saying blatant too, not "oh that guy was fishy" type stuff. More like you can watch somebody hit the aimkey in their killcam and seamlessly track heads.

not surprising, I ran into a cheater in QP (recorded it as it was so blatant....shadowplay replay is amazing for stuff like this) and I friended him to get his #. and I chatted him up a bit, and he was leveling his smurf getting ready for placements. i checked his profile after his placements and he landed in masters. so wouldnt surprise me if alot of hackers have reached GM.

on another note, I got booted from the server after joining a Competitive game and it wasn't something on my side. my internet was fine, ping was good, not lagging or anything. i log back in and 50sr gone and im suspended for 10 minutes. I have it recorded. its such bullshit that I get penalized for Blizzard's fault.

Re: oversumo. is offensive assist for lucio speed boost?

i looked at my stats for zen there and i'm plat and master for some of the stats. lucio is mostly plat with bronze in offensive assist. RIP

AngryMoth

10 game win streak finally broken by failing to take first point on Anubis.

Had a Zarya and Ana who literally had their ults for 3 minutes and didn't use them the entire round despite several good opportunities, and a genji who held onto his ult for 2 minutes as well.

Guess diamond isn't that much better than plat...

Man, I've been loving Winston lately. Love getting into the backlines and causing chaos! I need to get better with his ult though, I keep jumping off cliffs and killing myself lol

10 game win streak finally broken by failing to take first point on Anubis.

Had a Zarya and Ana who literally had their ults for 3 minutes and didn't use them the entire round despite several good opportunities, and a genji who held onto his ult for 2 minutes as well.

Guess diamond isn't that much better than plat...

I'm in plat but grouped with a bunch of diamonds yesterday, and went against a diamond 6 stack.....the skill difference was not noticeable.

secondly, Anubis is the worst map in the game imo.

Re: oversumo. is offensive assist for lucio speed boost?

i looked at my stats for zen there and i'm plat and master for some of the stats. lucio is mostly plat with bronze in offensive assist. RIP

Yeah - offensive assists for Lucio = when speed boost is on and also Amped Up. You don't get the assists if the Amp It Up isn't going which is why I had 0 offensive assists for a long time, heh.

Man, I've been loving Winston lately. Love getting into the backlines and causing chaos! I need to get better with his ult though, I keep jumping off cliffs and killing myself lol

Yeah I think Winston is in a really good spot with the shield change. Tickle gun still tickles, but if you can get in and cause chaos and have a team that is organized and can take advantage of it, he's awesome. I love playing as him because I'm on the low end of average at confirming kills, but I'm great at causing disruptions and making the enemy team focus on me instead of people who can actually kill them!

All the 2 CPs suck to me, but Volskaya is the worst.

I don' mind Volskaya or Hanamura....they aren't the best...but they aren't as bad as Anubis to me.

The reason I am ok with those 2, cause you just have alot more options with those 2 at Point B.

With Anubis...you literally just have the middle...the left which can sometimes put you into a room of death or doorway of death...and then the right which is still almost like the middle. Point B is just annoying, and the Choke at Point A is annoying.

It's just an annoying map, and it populates for me way to often. Wish I could ban maps, that would be the map I'd Ban.

The Majority of my Draws have been on Anubis. While that will probably lessen alot once they release that one change.....I still hate the overall design of Anubis. just a sucky map,.

antitrop

I just pretend I don't hear it and stay on Zen.

Lost a KOTH game last night. We started our Comp with Mercy/Zen as supports (I was Zen) and the team started complaining instantly. About halfway into the first round, the Mercy switched to Ana and I switched to Lucio.

We lost 0-3.

The enemy team was running Mercy/Zen as their supports.

Lost a KOTH game last night. We started our Comp with Mercy/Zen as supports (I was Zen) and the team started complaining instantly. About halfway into the first round, the Mercy switched to Ana and I switched to Lucio.

We lost 0-3.

I feel like people that don't play Supports regularly view all supports as interchangeable. Like they don't realize it takes completely different skill sets to be good as Mercy vs good as Lucio. And that maybe the person choosing Mercy is choosing her for a reason.

Jellie

My Lucio win rate is 30%.

I fucking hate playing Lucio. I am so sick of the phrase "We need a Lucio", I can't even describe it

Lately most of my wins in masters have been on Lucio. Can't get wins on other heroes for some reason. Feels bad. 60% win rate with him though since I'm not sucking with higher impact heroes I guess.

ISOM

We lost 0-3.

Yeah that's the funny thing. You will get people who complain about you as Zen/Mercy even when the other team is not running a Lucio. That happened to me and I when mentioned that in chat, the guy complaining said my Zen was trash. People don't want to look at themselves in the DPS/Tank role sometimes and wonder if they're doing enough so they shiftblame to the easiest targets. And then when you do switch to the healers they want, you still get stomped because it was never the problem in the first place! It's just ridiculous. You just gotta ignore people if you're gonna get any enjoyment.

I fucking hate playing Lucio. I am so sick of the phrase "We need a Lucio", I can't even describe it

He definitely doesn't feel like a must pick anymore. He doesn't even feel like a healer to me. I actually can't really describe his role, maybe that's why he's so fun for me. I mean sure 'speed guy' but why is it such a big deal to lose your Lucio in a team fight? He's not doing much damage, healing is negligible, if he is doing that negligible healing then no speed. If speed, okay, everyone is a bit faster, and probably once in the team fight you amp up speed. Ok. That doesn't seem nearly as bad as losing some other team member. And yet it DOES suck when your Lucio dies. Is wall riding into Reinhardt and harassing/booping him such a big deal? Same with a bit of extra speed. How do you describe his role, and importance to the team these days?

Whoa, got off on a tangent there. Yea, don't pick Lucio if you don't like him. He's definitely not necessary anymore.

And here's the video showing Blizzard kicking me from the server, even tho my internet, ping, everything was fine....

https://youtu.be/snfrddjzDZ8

Blizzard's response to my ticket was "if you are having disconnection problems, check blah blah blah" and they want me to use some program to run a test.

Thing is, I am not having disconnection issues. This has never happened to me before and my internet is more than solid.

This was a server issue. smh

Owzers

I feel like people that don't play Supports regularly view all supports as interchangeable. Like they don't realize it takes completely different skill sets to be good as Mercy vs good as Lucio. And that maybe the person choosing Mercy is choosing her for a reason.
The Halloween skin?

Gorillaz

Lucio is so fluid in terms of directing the conflict I love it. Probably my favorite support tied with ana in terms of how fun they are.

Man, I selfishly hope people don't start picking up on the potential of NEW Winston, he's been one of the characters I've never had to race to get my pick in since launch!

Top Bottom