• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
What did Paris do to be attaked like that, Jesus.

Be safe ParisGaf

I suspect that the terrorists are French citizens or living in France and thus attacked the country they happen to live in. To these people, "the West" is just one big entity.

JaseMath

It's what all the anti government people claim any time something happens because they're afraid of losing der guns.

Uneducated if not paranoid people the lot of them.
People who refuse to believe in the existence of evil ideologies because it doesn't fit into their view of how things "really are"... I feel sorry for those people.

Mecha

Radical islam is the problem. And that's the belief system a significant number of muslim asylum seekers adhere to. If just a tiny minority of all muslims are radicals, if just a minority of that minority will turn to violence, it means that Europe will face more terrorist attacks if the total number of muslims in our community goes up. I simply don't believe that the muslim community is large is capable of reducing extremism. All reports say they're completely blind to it.

Any source behind that statement?

Ourobolus

Banned
Shouting "God is greatest" while firing indiscriminately into a crowd. I can't even fathom how fucked in the head you need to be to do that. How the fuck can you be "radicalized" into doing that? Surely you just have to be a complete prick and then be gently nudged in the right direction.

Fucking hell, imagine having your life ended by a complete waste of oxygen like that. Doesn't even bear thinking about.

Well if you believe a fucked up version of whatever religion you are in, you can shout whatever the hell you want because you feel like it's the truth.

Or, you're an asshole and found a "religion" to fit your worldview.

Radical islam is the problem. And that's the belief system a significant number of muslim asylum seekers adhere to. If just a tiny minority of all muslims are radicals, if just a minority of that minority will turn to violence, it means that Europe will face more terrorist attacks if the total number of muslims in our community goes up. I simply don't believe that the muslim community is large is capable of reducing extremism. All reports say they're completely blind to it.

Lets wait for the facts on this case before jumping to conclusions.

Shouting "God is greatest" while firing indiscriminately into a crowd. I can't even fathom how fucked in the head you need to be to do that. How the fuck can you be "radicalized" into doing that? Surely you just have to be a complete prick and then be gently nudged in the right direction.

Fucking hell, imagine having your life ended by a complete waste of oxygen like that. Doesn't even bear thinking about.
Evil is without comprehension. No matter how hard we try, pure evil will never be understood. Never. It affords no reason.

Linius

So how big is Bataclan? I've read 1.5k people fit in there, is it like a arena?

Yeah, it's a relatively small concert venue for 1500 people. It was sold out tonight. But the highest numbers of hostages reported is between 60 and 100.

Klyka

Banned
So how big is Bataclan? I've read 1.5k people fit in there, is it like a arena?

bataclan04.jpg

This is it

Wait, what? This is totally unrelated but I'm freaked out right now because I live in Mississippi and was also sleeping around the same time and I had a vivid dream about an earthquake happening all around me. Very weird coincidence and I don't really believe in clairvoyance.

This Paris incident is scary as hell, I will be praying for everyone over there in just a minute. Please stay safe Paris-GAF and everyone else who lives there, please.
I live in Japan, all's good lol.

KidB

Words fail me. Nothing I can say will mean or do anything to ease the pain all Parisians must be feeling.

But, I pray that the politicians across world will not use this event as further reason to vilify and dehumanize the refugees coming to Europe. I pray that they do not use this event to further encroach on the ideas of liberty by invading privacy and denying freedom of speech. I pray that American politicians do not use this event as further reasons for personal armament and re-invasion of our data. I pray, but I know this will never happen. I know that this event will only increase the hatred of refugees. I know that this event will re-inspire waves of Islamaphobic hate crimes. I know that, regardless of the death toll, this event will be the source of more isolationist. And I know that the scum of Da'esh and other Islamic terror groups will use this as a way to legitimize their power.
Unfortunately, the refugee situation is going to get much more complicated due to these attacks, nationalist parties across Europe are probably going to gain a lot of ground...

Very curious to see what roles the US and Russia play in whatever follows this.

Edit: Just had a disturbing thought...I wonder what the US Republican presidential candidates, particularly Carson and Trump, are tweeting right now...

Dryk

Evil is without comprehension. No matter how hard we try, pure evil will never be understood. Never. It affords no reason.
That's not a helpful attitude. The brain is just a thing, you can understand what makes it tick but only if you want to. If you just assume that evil people do what they do without rhyme or reason then you'll never be able to figure out how to stop them because you won't even try to.

stufte

Edit: Just had a disturbing thought...I wonder what the US Republican presidential candidates, particularly Carson and Trump, are tweeting right now...

Who fucking cares what they think?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Just saw the video of the football game, scary because people didn't really know where to go and just huddled in the center of the stadium. Shows how vulnerable things are on a security level, the best line of defense will be to limit one's ability to bring firearms in a country. Quite difficult to do in Europe.

Kabouter

Wasn't that 2 gunmen attacking a single building? Organized attacks on 7 different locations simultaneously will likely cause change.

There was a third attacker who attacked a Jewish supermarket and, aside from murdering people, held people hostage there.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.

Dude. Nobody wants to think about that...

SkylineRKR

Yup. There will be words. And memorials. And "extra effort" to keep people safe. And things will roll on as usual. And that's kind of sad.

No definitive agreements on how to deal with Syria either. Europe has no balls, or rather, they have too many captains on board and too many conflicting interests.

Wasn't that 2 gunmen attacking a single building? Organized attacks on 7 different locations simultaneously will likely cause change.

Yup.

Since the Mumbai 2008 attacks, all five stars in India now have mandatory security checks, metal detectors, some have bomb detecting dogs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom