• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuzzgok

Just sat playing Fallout and see this. Really an awful thing, and I hope it ends okay. I don't feel like I can really play Fallout when people elsewhere are dealing with this.

FUCK. I have a friend who only got to Paris today. She was an exchange student from High School. She posted on Facebook so she seems to be ok.

CTus4rrW4AADonA.jpg:large

Fire at refugee camp in Calais.

Hope it's not some kind of sick revenge thing
Holy shit

Do not give in to hate brothers and sisters of France, best way to defend our principles it to strengthen them. Do not become what attacked us tonight, do not succumb to hate and lust for revenge.

That's not a helpful attitude. The brain is just a thing, you can understand what makes it tick but only if you want to. If you just assume that evil people do what they do without rhyme or reason then you'll never be able to figure out how to stop them because you won't even try to.
You misunderstand, THEY have a reason, unfortunately it is beyond comprehension to us. You cannot possibly think attacks on innocents like this can simply be waved off? No. It takes a special kind of evil to do this - one the rest of us will never be able to fully dissect because we don't have that.

Pilgrimzero

The alternatives are basically A. start bombing random muslim countries, B. deport all muslims/don't allow muslims in european countries, or C. 1984 surveillance.

Are those the things you want? not sure what you're expecting. You guys act like there's some obvious easy solution.

I don't disagree its just sad that it will basically go unpunished. There really isn't much anyone can do that won't make it worse.

It sounds like they were beheading people, starting to sound like a revenge attack for Jihad John

Highly doubtful, this was planned for quite some time. Given reports of explosions at the concert hall it's possible that those dismembered bodies are the result of explosives. Horrible.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Any source behind that statement?

There's a civil war going on in Syria between islamist groups and Assad loyalists. Do you think that those islamists are all from the rest of the Islamic world and Europe while the Pro Assad league consists of Syrians only?

FTF

Holy shit just catching up on this now as I heard it on the radio while driving home from work. Terrible, terrible news.

The information coming out about the Bataclan theater is just horrible.

King_Moc

Banned
Eagles of Death Metal FB page...

"We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom